Sources: NBA owners nix lottery reform plan

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
They can still do better. A new lottery system needs to happen, but with some more tweaks to this proposal.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What would've been changed in this proposal?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The three things I want to see addressed: You can't win #1 more than once every 5 years. And the other would have kept us from getting Rose, but you can't advance more than 10 spots. You can't get a top 3 pick in consecutive seasons with your own draft pick. If you trade that pick, it's treated no differently. I would even add something that says any team with 41 wins or less will also be entered into the lottery, if the above rules are implemented(theoretically an 8th seed could wind up with the 9th pick).

And of course, some minor odds changes across the board. 25% has always seemed fair to me for worst. Just because a team comes around every so often trying to exploit it, means nothing(heck, teams that exploit it rarely win the lotto).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see whats wrong with it. The Cavs had a truely historic run of #1's in the last 10 years, and they still would be average if Lebron didn't return.

To make room they had to trade 2 of them away, or they would now have 4 #1's in their prime. Seems the system is working.