Urlacher: No Marshall outburst if Lovie Smith was coaching Bears

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/urlacher-no-marshall-outburst-if-lovie-smith-was-coaching-bears

"When I was there we had different leaders and that would never happen," Brian Urlacher said during an interview on the "Kap & Haugh Show" on Wednesday afternoon. "That situation would have never happened. Lovie would have never let it happen first of all. Olin [Kreutz] was there. Lance [Briggs] would have said something back then. I probably would have said something even though I wouldn't have wanted to. Peanut [Charles Tillman] if he was still playing would have said something.

"It's a tough situation because sometimes guys need to do that. You'd rather do it then than on the sidelines where people could see what is going on ... It's a tough situation but I probably would have said something if he was calling people out like that. If you’re playing great and doing your job and everything, you’d probably say stuff like that. But you better make damn sure you’re doing your job to the best of your ability if you’re gonna start talking to people like that.”

There's a video of Urlacher's interview in the link

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Yes, Brandon Marshall wouldn't have an outburst when Lovie coached the Bears.

Instead, Olin Kreutz would break the jaw of a fellow starting lineman.

And Thomas Jones would punch Cedric Benson.

Yes, no nonsense in Lovie's locker room.

Christ, Urlacher is just a douche.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
No one wants to hear what those tools have to say. JA is just a plain moron, and Url should speak far less often.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
mej

Yes, Brandon Marshall wouldn't have an outburst when Lovie coached the Bears.

Instead, Olin Kreutz would break the jaw of a fellow starting lineman.

And Thomas Jones would punch Cedric Benson.

Yes, no nonsense in Lovie's locker room.

Christ, Urlacher is just a douche.

None of those things happened in the locker room.. There is fights for every coach in training camp and that's what the Benson-Jones thing was.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I heard ISIS would have never existed had they sent Lovie to the middle east.

Plus did you hear about that hurricane that destroyed Tampa this summer?
Of course you didn't...Lovie Smith.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dear Jerry and Brian,

Thanks but no thanks. STFU and get over yourselves!

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
None of those things happened in the locker room.. There is fights for every coach in training camp and that's what the Benson-Jones thing was.

Nice dodge. It's still a 'Lovie team'. 'Fights' happen in training camp all the time. Usually it's just ass grabbing in pads and helmets. I don't recall a lot of situations in which a veteran player bitchslaps a rookie like Jones did.

I don't recall any other team where the LEADER of the team broke the jaw of a fellow teammate (lineman). Harvin punched Tate, but Harvin isn't a 'leader' and it's known as a malcontent.

And the part that Urlacher seems to be missing - Cutler and Marshall are very good friends going back 10 years. Someone said it best - like two brothers fighting. Argue and yell and it's all good 10 minutes later.

But then again, wasn't it well know that Urlacher was kind of a dick to Cutler?

What's good for the goose?

Seriously, Urlacher needs to just go away. Nice player, but seems to be a grade A douchebag. The Bears made him a very rich man and helped him build his NFL star and sell a lot of jerseys. He's apparently still red-assed because they only offered him $2M a year - for a slow broke down 35 year old player? Which was $2M more than any other GM in the NFL gave him.

I enjoyed watching him as a player, but by all accounts, he just seems like a colossal dickbag.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Jones punch was before the Oct 16 AZ game. It was during the regular season.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
The Jones punch was before the Oct 16 AZ game. It was during the regular season.

Yes. Forgot about that. It was a very big story leading up the infamous 'they are who they thought we were' game.

But hey, Lovie wouldn't tolerate that. I remember, Thomas Jones was benched for that game for his actions.

Oh no, wait, he had 11 carries that game...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bucs: If Lovie Smith was never hired they might look less like shit and more like a football team.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Get the fuck over it. It's been years now.

Urlacher will always hold a special place in my personal fandom, but the guy only ever comes off now as a whiny bitch.

Where's your bitching about the Buccaneers, Brian?

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
"When I was there we had different leaders and that would never happen," Brian Urlacher said during an interview on the "Kap & Haugh Show" on Wednesday afternoon. "That situation would have never happened. Lovie would have never let it happen first of all. Olin [Kreutz] was there. Lance [Briggs] would have said something back then. I probably would have said something even though I wouldn't have wanted to. Peanut [Charles Tillman] if he was still playing would have said something.

"It's a tough situation because sometimes guys need to do that. You'd rather do it then than on the sidelines where people could see what is going on ... It's a tough situation but I probably would have said something if he was calling people out like that. If you’re playing great and doing your job and everything, you’d probably say stuff like that. But you better make damn sure you’re doing your job to the best of your ability if you’re gonna start talking to people like that.”

I loved Brian as a player, but...man...has he taken the Gale Sayers route of being a spiteful, double-talking media whore.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Get the fuck over it. It's been years now.

Urlacher will always hold a special place in my personal fandom, but the guy only ever comes off now as a whiny bitch.

Where's your bitching about the Buccaneers, Brian?

Frankly, he always come off as a dick. Remember his 'I'll only talk to Glazer' media blackout.

Funny though, if you look at douche in the dictionary, you'll see Urlacher, but you'll also see a footnote that says 'see also: Guy Fieri and Jay Glazer'

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I loved Brian as a player, but...man...has he taken the Gale Sayers route of being a spiteful, double-talking media whore.

Yep., I forgot about that. I remember when Sayers (and Fencik) regularly appeared on the Score. Sayers just came across as a garden variety asshole.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

I just don't get why people have a problem with this? I find it more funny and amusing than think he's whiney or get mad he's tarnishing some image he could have.