5 wide...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think Chris Sojka and Run and Shoot would be a great HC/OC combo for Bearnut's roster.

IDK about Bearnut's roster, but...I think Chris and I would definitely install a new Qb before we took over the Bears.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think this actually makes sense and could work. Start the drive with a standard 3 wide play, then on the second play go no huddle and have Bennett and Forte out wide. Forte is an excellent receiver, so there would almost certainly be a mismatch somewhere.

Problem is.....jay would be looking to force the ball to Marshall (in double & triple coverage).

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Problem is.....jay would be looking to force the ball to Marshall (in double & triple coverage).

Sure, which he has rarely done since Trestman was hired. Come up with some new and legit arguments.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Sure, which he has rarely done since Trestman was hired. Come up with some new and legit arguments.

...that's just the problem, jay keeps doing the same dumb shyt i.e. throwing into coverage, throwing off the backfoot etc. so I don't get ur point. Those no
"arguments" just facts.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

...that's just the problem, jay keeps doing the same dumb shyt i.e. throwing into coverage, throwing off the backfoot etc. so I don't get ur point. Those no
"arguments" just facts.

These are legit. The "forcing the ball to Marshall in double triple coverage" hasn't been accurate since the 2012 season. I'm not going to go back and watch his INT's this year or last year, but I would be willing to bet that most of them were either bad throws or good plays by the defense. I can't recall many of the forcing the ball, or backfoot throws resulting in INT's since Trestman has been hired.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
well as a single-cell organism, amoeba's get the job done (when it comes to controlling algae in ponds, lakes, and streams). Hell they can even split into 2 cells if necessary, so I don't think jay can compare to the high-performance level of amoebas

nice play!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Because he is the only QB in the league that does that right?

He's the one we have and we can't have him constantly forcing the ball. This will not get us in the playoffs.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I think this actually makes sense and could work. Start the drive with a standard 3 wide play, then on the second play go no huddle and have Bennett and Forte out wide. Forte is an excellent receiver, so there would almost certainly be a mismatch somewhere.

Well that's kinda the point...people keep saying dumb shit like he can't read 3 WRs so what makes you think he can read 5...

But it's a lot easier to scheme to cover 3 guys than 5... And if you run 2 guys deep on opposite sides of the field that takes away the safeties or leaves our players 1 on 1... I doubt that goes on very long without getting exploited....

Again the concept isn't to get Marshall 1 on 1 every time... Sometimes you might wanna run Marshall and Jeffery deep and across the middle and run a drag route with forte underneath to see if he can get to the edge and burn the linebacker up the sideline... Holmes too... And Bennett while not too speedy has shown he's a tough tackle and elusive...

Plays should be designed to get all these guys into space...

Again it's not necessarily about reading a defense but designing a play for a specific player to get him open and with an extra second to get his eyes up field and accelerate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so are you going to continue to ignore the fact that we do in fact use empty backfield?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
guess so.

Are you going to ignore the fact that I acknowledged that we use it very rarely...

What I'm saying is it should be used a higher % of our passing plays especially in 3rd and long situations...

You clearly haven't read anything and are just here to start a fight...

How does we should run 5 wide in a hurry up translate into me saying we have never run an empty backfield with this team... I didn't say we never did I said in my first post that we should run it with the hurry up offense...

It's clear you didn't read a single word of what I said or have terrible comprehension skills... Either that or a personal dislike for me...

You literally put words in my mouth... Wtf

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Simmer down bro. I admit I gloss threads and it was nothing personal -- quite the opposite, I think you offer rare good analysis, esp on college prospects BUT -- we run more empty backfield now than we did under turner/martz/tice until it was desperate, so I don't see it as a valid criticism of trestman.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Now plav DC for a little here, what would do to combat that. I would take my chances, blitz and count on Cutler making the mistake.

The way teams have been forcing Cutler into mistakes is by playing zone and not blitzing.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
These are legit. The "forcing the ball to Marshall in double triple coverage" hasn't been accurate since the 2012 season. I'm not going to go back and watch his INT's this year or last year, but I would be willing to bet that most of them were either bad throws or good plays by the defense. I can't recall many of the forcing the ball, or backfoot throws resulting in INT's since Trestman has been hired.

jay has been throwing off his back foot (that means bad, inaccurate throws) .

No he hasn't been accepting coaching. He's making the same darn mistakes other coaches tried to correct. jay is 31. He's not a rookie anymore. He allegedly practices everyday with his wr's, yet on game day there are still "breakdowns in communication"..

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Are you going to ignore the fact that I acknowledged that we use it very rarely...

What I'm saying is it should be used a higher % of our passing plays especially in 3rd and long situations...

You clearly haven't read anything and are just here to start a fight...

How does we should run 5 wide in a hurry up translate into me saying we have never run an empty backfield with this team... I didn't say we never did I said in my first post that we should run it with the hurry up offense...

It's clear you didn't read a single word of what I said or have terrible comprehension skills... Either that or a personal dislike for me...

You literally put words in my mouth... Wtf

LOL....welcome to "chicity sports"....where anything you say about / against jay, can and will be used against you.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Simmer down bro. I admit I gloss threads and it was nothing personal -- quite the opposite, I think you offer rare good analysis, esp on college prospects BUT -- we run more empty backfield now than we did under turner/martz/tice until it was desperate, so I don't see it as a valid criticism of trestman.

The question still remains...

Do you feel like 5 wide from the hurry up can work?!

I do personally... If you don't then we differ on that... Simple as that