5 wide...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL....welcome to "chicity sports"....where anything you say about / against jay, can and will be used against you.

This conversation has nothing to do with cutler. Are you incapable of not making every one of your posts or the threads you post in about cutler? Savant

varga20

Liked Posts:
I don't beleive 5 wide is new by any means, and I think it can work in the right offense. I would agree the Bears have the WR/RB/TE combo that could do well with this system, but Its not like defenses can't counter and it also requires a quick thinking QB, which Jay I don't believe is. You also need to trust that your o-line will be able to handle the front 4 or 5 as well as pick up the blitzes for long enough. Then again the current system doesn't seem to be working for them, so would be worth a change of pace.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The question still remains...

Do you feel like 5 wide from the hurry up can work?!

I do personally... If you don't then we differ on that... Simple as that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would anyone disagree with that?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Why would anyone disagree with that?

I don't know... Lots of people think it's too many reads...

To me it's less to read because you eliminate more defenders by occupying more space with more receivers...

Therefore if each receiver occupied a minimum of 1 player on defense that means only 3 of our Wrs could be doubled with a standard 4 man rush... With proper planning of route running you could scheme your best WRs into space in 1 on 1s where it makes it a lot easier for Jay to just throw his favorite receiver or primary target open...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I don't beleive 5 wide is new by any means, and I think it can work in the right offense. I would agree the Bears have the WR/RB/TE combo that could do well with this system, but Its not like defenses can't counter and it also requires a quick thinking QB, which Jay I don't believe is. You also need to trust that your o-line will be able to handle the front 4 or 5 as well as pick up the blitzes for long enough. Then again the current system doesn't seem to be working for them, so would be worth a change of pace.

By running hurry up on the second play you eliminate the the defensive play callers ability to think or scheme based on the personnel lined up... This ultimately is what you are depending on to overcome the defense... They can't play call or scheme without giving something up... They blitz we should have plenty of options across the middle underneath right away...

Assuming the d coordinator looks at forte as a traditional running back and not a receiver he makes the mistake of having a linebacker covering a WR.... Total mismatch...

You would also have a check down route or a bail route installed for when a blitz shows up.... Either a guy running an out or a quick drag across the middle where the linebackers were standing...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that one of the biggest problems with the Bears are their receivers lack of precision route running. I think that this accounts for most of Cutler's key inceptions. Contrast this with the demands made for the receivers of Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers. A receiver who fucks up his route is met by the glare of the true leader of his unit. It looks to me that there is way to much free lancing on the Bear's offense. Trestman needs to take charge of this team and enforce route discipline on the part of both Cutler and his receivers. If not, the season is lost.