5 wide...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Marshall Jeffery Forte Holmes Bennett... And in the future Wilson...

I'm wondering why we don't just line up and look for mismatches?! Teams already have tons of problems covering Marshall and Jeffery with doubles... Why aren't we forcing single coverage and matchups with teams 3rd and 4th corners?

We could run a hurry up and catch teams with a linebacker covering forte... Or we could isolate Marshall or Jeffery on one side of the field... And put them 1 on 1 with a single high safety over the top... It's either a ton of open field for Marshall or he can run deep and clear a whole half of the field underneath... With a bunch formation on the opposite side of the field you should be able to scheme a guy into open space by running defenders into each other...

I thought we would see more spread and isolation plays from our offense and trestman... But we have all this talent and we didn't throw anything unique or new out there... It's time to get more creative...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I really would like to see Forte lined out wide more often, but I am not sure how comfortable I am with Jay in an empty backfield. He throws off his back foot way too often

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
cus jay would just throw a int, we need to just pound the ball with forte.

Yeah that's a great plan... What in saying though is to get more creative when you have to pass... Create more mismatches... Distract the safeties... Run 2 receivers deep to occupy the safeties sometimes... Let Bennett take advantage of his abilities against linebackers 1 on 1...

We used to say on this forum all the time "who ya going to cover?" And got all excited about it... Well we haven't presented that scenario at all to teams... We go traditional when we aren't really built that way...

We have the talent to run 5 wide sets or 4 wide with Bennett... It makes no sense to have it and not use it...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Hasving 5 receivers only works when you have a QB that can look off receivers or go through a rotation. Cutler is laser focused on his target at the snap so how are the 2nd through 5th receivers helpful?

jc456

Liked Posts:
Marshall Jeffery Forte Holmes Bennett... And in the future Wilson...

I'm wondering why we don't just line up and look for mismatches?! Teams already have tons of problems covering Marshall and Jeffery with doubles... Why aren't we forcing single coverage and matchups with teams 3rd and 4th corners?

We could run a hurry up and catch teams with a linebacker covering forte... Or we could isolate Marshall or Jeffery on one side of the field... And put them 1 on 1 with a single high safety over the top... It's either a ton of open field for Marshall or he can run deep and clear a whole half of the field underneath... With a bunch formation on the opposite side of the field you should be able to scheme a guy into open space by running defenders into each other...

I thought we would see more spread and isolation plays from our offense and trestman... But we have all this talent and we didn't throw anything unique or new out there... It's time to get more creative...

You're like me, where is this offensive genius we were supposed to have? how about the little pitch play that worked so well last year. Haven't seen that this year at all. Forte was great with that. I am very disappointed in this HC. Damn...This fan base just can't win one.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Hasving 5 receivers only works when you have a QB that can look off receivers or go through a rotation. Cutler is laser focused on his target at the snap so how are the 2nd through 5th receivers helpful?

Well as Mongo stated last Sunday, the QB ought to know who is supposed to be open by the way the defense presents itself with the receivers before the snap. Like are they man to man or zone, single coverage those things all before the snap.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Cutler can't be trusted to look through his reads and make quick decisions that consistently.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
You're like me, where is this offensive genius we were supposed to have? how about the little pitch play that worked so well last year. Haven't seen that this year at all. Forte was great with that. I am very disappointed in this HC. Damn...This fan base just can't win one.

The best coaches are never timid... And they start trends they don't follow them...

If trestmans playcalling is genius...

It's about as genius as the guy that copies off the smartest man in his classes ACT or SAT...

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah that's a great plan... What in saying though is to get more creative when you have to pass... Create more mismatches... Distract the safeties... Run 2 receivers deep to occupy the safeties sometimes... Let Bennett take advantage of his abilities against linebackers 1 on 1...

We used to say on this forum all the time "who ya going to cover?" And got all excited about it... Well we haven't presented that scenario at all to teams... We go traditional when we aren't really built that way...

We have the talent to run 5 wide sets or 4 wide with Bennett... It makes no sense to have it and not use it...

Now plav DC for a little here, what would do to combat that. I would take my chances, blitz and count on Cutler making the mistake.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I'm wondering why we don't just line up and look for mismatches?!

Because Jay would tunnel vision only one receiver anyway.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
i expect Marshall/Jeffery/Bennett/Forte to win most matchups regardless of who Jay looks at. Problem here is, somehow the QB-WR still aren't on the same page in a timing based offense. This is the root of our disaster. 5 wide would complicate things even more.

I'd rather see more PA rollouts and crossing routes which is what Jay really has done great at... but what do i know

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Now plav DC for a little here, what would do to combat that. I would take my chances, blitz and count on Cutler making the mistake.

With that attitude nothing is possible

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
With that attitude nothing is possible

5 wide works great with some QB's (Rodgers, Manning, Brees, Brady etc..) but not with Jay.

The part i like that you said is hurry up. Jay plays better in hurry up, not sure if its because there is no time to think, just react. We should be doing way more hurry up

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Well as Mongo stated last Sunday, the QB ought to know who is supposed to be open by the way the defense presents itself with the receivers before the snap. Like are they man to man or zone, single coverage those things all before the snap.

The Bears have become predictable. Apparently, the plays Cutler checked into last week was the right decision based on the D, then they changed up before the snap.