NFL fandom map

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
screen-shot-2014-10-23-at-12-37-42-pm.png

(CBS) We’ve seen a few fandom maps of America for various sports over the past few months, and today Twitter has released one on the NFL based off its own data (they’ve often been based off Facebook data). The map is broken down county-by-county, and you can see it above.

It comes as no surprise that the Bears dominate as Illinois’ favorite team, but you can see that their fans are quite concentrated within the state boundaries. A few counties in western Iowa love the Bears, but soon turns over to the Packers, Colts, Rams and Chiefs elsewhere. The Rams also have more fans in southern Illinois than the Bears, as would be expected.

What’s a little more shocking is that the Bears only bring in 33 percent of the favorite team vote right here in Cook County. Most areas around the cities that other teams play in have a higher percentage of support, so perhaps it’s a nod to Chicago being a destination to live or work in for people who grew up in other areas and keep their original fandom.

It’s also interesting to see what out-of-state areas the Bears have a fair percentage of fans in. Somehow, they have heavy support in Franklin County in Florida. There are also more small pockets of Bears fans out West than on the East Coast.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/10/23/view-nfl-fandom-map/

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to that map, where I live in Nebraska is Broncos fans, but I have seen more Chiefs and Bears fans here than Broncos fans.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
screen-shot-2014-10-23-at-12-37-42-pm.png

(CBS) We’ve seen a few fandom maps of America for various sports over the past few months, and today Twitter has released one on the NFL based off its own data (they’ve often been based off Facebook data). The map is broken down county-by-county, and you can see it above.

It comes as no surprise that the Bears dominate as Illinois’ favorite team, but you can see that their fans are quite concentrated within the state boundaries. A few counties in western Iowa love the Bears, but soon turns over to the Packers, Colts, Rams and Chiefs elsewhere. The Rams also have more fans in southern Illinois than the Bears, as would be expected.

What’s a little more shocking is that the Bears only bring in 33 percent of the favorite team vote right here in Cook County. Most areas around the cities that other teams play in have a higher percentage of support, so perhaps it’s a nod to Chicago being a destination to live or work in for people who grew up in other areas and keep their original fandom.

It’s also interesting to see what out-of-state areas the Bears have a fair percentage of fans in. Somehow, they have heavy support in Franklin County in Florida. There are also more small pockets of Bears fans out West than on the East Coast.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/10/23/view-nfl-fandom-map/

Why is Galena Packers? smh

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I live in the Britain, so, null and void.

:(

I know personally about 12 people who live in London, they are all Bears fans

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Probably...Bears and Arsenal. Im going on a London vacation. That's all there is to it.

I think London is a Patriots town. If you go to the north of it, around an area called Islington, you'll find some unwashed people. Those are Arsenal fans.

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
I think London is a Patriots town. If you go to the north of it, around an area called Islington, you'll find some unwashed people. Those are Arsenal fans.

hahahaha

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Representing in NY. Yeah, that's right I chose the Bears over 2 local teams. My geographical location cannot confine and define me.

Probably because the Bears have a better QB.

BeerMe

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to that map, where I live in Nebraska is Broncos fans, but I have seen more Chiefs and Bears fans here than Broncos fans.

Same. I don't see many Broncos fans. Usually Chiefs and NFC North teams.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nice try, Mick. We all know if you go North of London you'll be in the North Sea.

B3ky1bU.jpg