CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Went it the Northwestern game last week. Probably more UN fans than NU.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nebraskans are hardcore about their Huskers. I almost got into a fight with one when I said that Lavonte David and Alfonzo Dennard would not go in the first round. It could have something to do with the fact that the Huskers are really all they have here sportwise. Being from Southern California, there are a lot of different teams to root for, so it takes some getting used to seeing all things Huskers.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When I think Nebraska, I think of this guy

th

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

th

They still talk about him on local ESPN sports radio. They did a list of top 5 Nebraska defensive players the other day, Brown and Suh were on it.

BeerMe

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

th

He will always be my favorite.

And I'm from Omaha. You'll find fans of everybody here. My roommate is a goddamn Raiders fan somehow. haha. Other roommate is a Lions fan... bastard.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When I lived in Nebraska (I was a 6th grader in Schuyler) I was a Bears fan, the kid next door was a Broncos fan and everyone else was a Husker fan.

Nebraska is a strange state. I drove through there this summer and was like wtf is all of this? CORN. Miles and miles of it.

Not like Indiana or Iowa where you see houses and shit here and there. It's just fucking CORN. It's like an alien landscape, totally man made but the opposite of an urban environment. Kind of freaky. The corn crop was so robust this season that they can't even sell it. Crazy world we live in.

Last edited:

Da Bears

Liked Posts:
When I lived in Nebraska (I was a 6th grader in Schuyler) I was a Bears fan, the kid next door was a Broncos fan and everyone else was a Husker fan.

Nebraska is a strange state. I drove through there this summer and was like wtf is all of this? CORN. Miles and miles of it.

Not like Indiana or Iowa where you see houses and shit here and there. It's just fucking CORN. It's like an alien landscape, totally man made but the opposite of an urban environment. Kind of freaky. The corn crop was so robust this season that they can't even sell it. Crazy world we live in.

Yeah its nuts. Bugs here are not like anywhere else either there everywhere all the time. Lincolns is a weird town. There is a law that no building can be taller than the capitol building. So no skyscrapers. The town is crammed like Chicago then surrounded by cornfields on all sides. 250,000 people in a area that is around 10 miles x 10 miles.

Sent from beyond the grave using new and improved tapatalk 27

BeerMe

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a huge fan of Lincoln, but gamedays there are a blast ha

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Illinois too. Strange as it may seem to the Chicago folk, the southern two-thirds of Illinois is Iowa/Indiana.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
my belleville kin are all rams fans. I guess belleville may as well be considered a suburb of st louis, or east st louis

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wait, NFL fan distribution for specific teams center around the cities in which the given teams play‽‽‽

9b3.png

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I had a few friends go there, they said the stadium had a ridiculous amount of red, that's so awesome.

Went with new +1, whose father, mother, both uncles, and aunts all graduated from Northwestern. Tailgated with all of them. I was wearing red. When she asked me why I was wearing red I told her I was a Nebraska fan from way back. She was very worried the parents would not take to me. I won 'em over.

Da Bears

Liked Posts:
my belleville kin are all rams fans. I guess belleville may as well be considered a suburb of st louis, or east st louis
I lived in Belleville before moving to Lincoln. East St. Louis is one of the nastiest places in the US. Before I left the mayor vowed to clean up the town... They murdered him in the park a few days later. There was a minor league baseball team we used to go see if you turned the wrong way you were in East St. Louis. Only place I have ever been where the cops tell you not to stop at any stop signs or traffic lights. Only people safe there were the media.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I lived in Belleville before moving to Lincoln. East St. Louis is one of the nastiest places in the US. Before I left the mayor vowed to clean up the town... They murdered him in the park a few days later. There was a minor league baseball team we used to go see if you turned the wrong way you were in East St. Louis. Only place I have ever been where the cops tell you not to stop at any stop signs or traffic lights. Only people safe there were the media.

Belleville represent. My granny lived and died there

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That map is complete bullshit. I live in eastern South Dakota and there are easily just as many Packer fans here as there are Vikings fans.