CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You were crying over the firing and him doing what he was asked, etc. How horrible the Cubs FO were by doing this, it's going to bite them in the ass, etc. Oh what a martyr you want to set yourself up to be, yet the facts presented in this forum are very different. Many acknowledge RR did what he was brought in to do. Many have recognized they feel bad for him.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Lets see:

They tried for Joe Girardi and lost. Had to scramble to get a breathing body.

Joe Maddon hit the market unexpectedly and they got him.

Seems to me that Rick was a fall back in the first place.
Joe signed before anyone could talk with him

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You were crying over the firing and him doing what he was asked, etc. How horrible the Cubs FO were by doing this, it's going to bite them in the (but) etc. Oh what a martyr you want to set yourself up to be, yet the facts presented in this forum are very different. Many acknowledge RR did what he was brought in to do. Many have recognized they feel bad for him.

You seriously can't be this dense. I know you are trolling.

I said looking for a manager was bad when you have one on staff. I said Rick did his job and then some. He deserved to be treated better

I asked to be shown an instance where someone does his job and gets fired for that. None have been presented.

When he was fired I made the comment that Theo made nice comments and its time to move onto the Maddon era

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Joe signed before anyone could talk with him

Yes but every Chicago baseball writer of note said that back channel negotiations were going on and I have no reason not to believe them in this case. There were actual numbers floating about. Usually where there is smoke there's fire.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yes but every Chicago baseball writer of note said that back channel negotiations were going on and I have no reason not to believe them in this case. There were actual numbers floating about. Usually where there is smoke there's fire.

True

Still all rumors.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I said looking for a manager was bad when you have one on staff. I said Rick did his job and then some. He deserved to be treated better

I asked to be shown an instance where someone does his job and gets fired for that. None have been presented.

When he was fired I made the comment that Theo made nice comments and its time to move onto the Maddon era

Come on, man.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

RR was treated better.. . Hoyer went to his home to explain the situation when maddon became available and even offered him any job he wanted to stay in organization. .. plus he is going to still get paid ...

People across the entire country do their jobs and still get laid off almost every day but they dont still get paid...

Yes you did comment, now let all move on

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
It's kind of funny with all the bitching some have done the last 3 years at the Cubs not trying to win, and now, they make a move that shows that they are trying to win NOW, and the same people complain. Too funny. Man, am I going to enjoy this!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
RR was treated better.. . Hoyer went to his home to explain the situation when maddon became available and even offered him any job he wanted to stay in organization. .. plus he is going to still get paid ...

People across the entire country do their jobs and still get laid off almost every day but they dont still get paid...

Yes you did comment, now let all move on

Oh the error...yes let's move on

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Why is this still going on? We got Maddon. Lets focus on FA. Brett is going to hate. He has nothing better to do.

Yep...when I hate it's clear. Rare but clear. I'll continue to be one of a few balanced voices here in the Two baseball forums

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Think it's time someone closed this thread...

Come on Dews, make yourself useful.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Dews was making game threads for us all Summer long.

As for closing this thread, that would be like jerking off before sex. The press conference is on Monday. This thread has legs.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:

Carlos Boozer, or are you just referring to baseball?

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Dews was making game threads for us all Summer long.

As for closing this thread, that would be like jerking off before sex. The press conference is on Monday. This thread has legs.

True... I was just thinking of a time when he arbitrarily decided to close a thread that no one asked or wanted him to...

Well, some people advocate that for purposes of longevity... but given that this thread has just devolved to brett spouting the same nonsense, seems like having a fresh thread for the press conference might be better.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not closing it. Every thread has Brett in it. He isn't enough to kill a thread so let's keep moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yep...when I hate it's clear. Rare but clear. I'll continue to be one of a few balanced voices here in the Two baseball forums

Nope you'll just continue to be the red step child that we all beat on.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol at a thought of a thread closing because of bretts posts. whats next perm ban any cub fan that doesnt sip the kool aid....oh wait that has happened already.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk