Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL, like a Sox fan would know anything about class.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Folks I think I figured out why Brett is so butt hurt. He wants us to keep Rick so we can be a shit team for many years to come. He's scared shitless at the thought of this cubs team being managed by Maddon.

So Brett, eat shit man. Maybe the Sox can hire Rick and fire Robin if you want to toss the guy a bone.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You feel the mistreatment of Rick is not substance. Not sure what I can do for you.

That said I am in both forums. In reality there should only be a Chicago Baseball forum. It was tried and changed back.
Lol... have to laugh at those complaining about mistreatment of Renteria , because we all know if cubs didnt get maddon you all would be talking about how cubs screwed that up and couldn't land him..

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Do I feel bad for Renteria? Yes. But the Cubs gave him the chance to live his dream, improve his resume, and are paying him millions over the next few years. Let's not act like the Cubs owe him anything after this.

How did Prior hit a wall in the 2003 playoffs? He won his game against the Braves having only given up 1 earned. And then he won his first game against the Marlins and then his team decided to fuck him dry in Game 6.

Ahh Mark Prior. I think the worst thing that has happened to me as a sports fan was watching the demise of Mark Prior. At least Kerry was able to pitch a few good years out of the pen. So sad thinking of the potential these guys had.

I think Alex Gonzalez was the first person to break my heart

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Do I feel bad for Renteria? Yes. But the Cubs gave him the chance to live his dream, improve his resume, and are paying him millions over the next few years. Let's not act like the Cubs owe him anything after this.

Ahh Mark Prior. I think the worst thing that has happened to me as a sports fan was watching the demise of Mark Prior. At least Kerry was able to pitch a few good years out of the pen. So sad thinking of the potential these guys had.

I think Alex Gonzalez was the first person to break my heart

We had the next Maddux and Dusty fucking ruined him.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dusty didn't ruin him. He had a mechanical issue that he couldn't overcome.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Come to check latest on "Maddon to Cubs" rumors, get to relive Mark Prior's premature demise. Fun, fun, fun!

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
2co4nq0.jpg

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Folks I think I figured out why Brett is so butt hurt. He wants us to keep Rick so we can be a shit team for many years to come. He's scared shitless at the thought of this cubs team being managed by Maddon.

So Brett, eat shit man. Maybe the Sox can hire Rick and fire Robin if you want to toss the guy a bone.

you are useless and clueless.

dusty was going to bring home the ring

pinella was going to bring home the ring

maddon is going to now bring home the ring

in 5 years when he doesnt it will be either girardi or sandberg that will bring home the ring.

rinse and repeat.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

in 5 years when he doesnt it will be either girardi or sandberg that will bring home the ring.

rinse and repeat.

Dews, like I told you in another thread, worry about your own damn Sox who are going to absolutely suck for the next decade and won't even sniff the playoffs. If you want to switch teams, we'll be glad to take you. But if not, just GTFO.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

rinse and repeat.

I have never understood why fans of other ballclubs feel the need to come to other team's message boards and slam the fans of that team for being fans of that team.

No offense but as a mod I would think you would want people to come to these boards to discuss their favorate teams. You seem to enjoy antagonizing them and driving them away.

I have never been to the White Sox board. Don't plan on it and I certainly wouldn't go there if the Cubs won the World Series. To me it would be a classless thing to do.

Do what you want but all you are doing by talking shit, with the big fat MOD listed under your name, is driving traffic away from this site. No one wants to discuss sports with classless people that have the moderator power on message boards.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
As long as Dews and Brett are still posting here, I will definitely go to the Sox board if the Cubs win the WS. Some of you don't like the smack talk, but having a little back and forth banter is fun. Or like berserkfury, put Brett05 on ignore.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is nothing wrong with banter, if there is a basic respect behind the trash talk. I can talk smack with the best of them, have on various occasions but I don't go out of my way trying to make people feel like failures or fools for cheering for their team. That includes Green Bay and St. Louis fans, although it is hard trash talking those guys since neither the Bears nor the Cubs can beat their way out of a wet paper bag.

Fun banter is one thing, being deliberately insultful is another. It is even worse when someone is marked as a representative of the forum. Being a moderator isn't all that great, I have been a mod and administrator on message boards much larger than this one. There have been times I have wanted to just tell someone that they are an effing tool and to get their head out of their arse but to do that casts more of a negative light on the site and why they allow to be moderators than it does on the person that is throwing the insult.

I know this, if I was posting on a board about an event and someone that was officially associated with that board started calling me names or saying that people who like whatever I am posting about is stupid then I wouldn't post there again.

Joe Madden is more than likely coming to the Cubs. This should be big news on this site yet the Cubs message board section is something of a ghost town. Maybe someone should think about that. If a Colts Fan was a moderator and kept insulting Bears fans on the Bears Boards how long do you think it would be before people left en masse for another board. That is the important thing about message boards, there are always other ones out there that can take the traffic if you run your members off.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
As long as Dews and Brett are still posting here, I will definitely go to the Sox board if the Cubs win the WS. Some of you don't like the smack talk, but having a little back and forth banter is fun. Or like berserkfury, put Brett05 on ignore.
Why ? There won't be anyone there to read it

Dews n Brett post in hete 99% of time

Just saying [emoji51]

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Lol... have to laugh at those complaining about mistreatment of Renteria , because we all know if cubs didnt get maddon you all would be talking about how cubs screwed that up and couldn't land him..

Actually no...Did not do that in the past not doing it now. Nice try.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Do I think the Cubs are getting a better manager? Yes. But Rick helped save management, improved the organization, and did exactly what was asked of him if not more. Let's not act like the Cubs aren't being complete tools about this with Rick.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I have never understood why fans of other ballclubs feel the need to come to other team's message boards and slam the fans of that team for being fans of that team.
This is not a Cubs Message board. You can find those boards elsewhere.

I have never been to the White Sox board. Don't plan on it and I certainly wouldn't go there if the Cubs won the World Series. To me it would be a classless thing to do.

Nothing wrong with coming to the Sox board now. It's baseball. If you love the game you can talk it in any subforum on baseball. Most fans are not baseball fans though. They are just fans of a team, a player, a ball park, etc.

Do what you want but all you are doing by talking (Trash), with the big fat MOD listed under your name, is driving traffic away from this site. No one wants to discuss sports with classless people that have the moderator power on message boards.

Are you singling out other mods or just prejudice against Dews?