Worst Draft Pick in Bears History?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
So many to choose from. Where do we start?

Shea McLellin (1st round)

Chris Williams (1st round)

Gabe Carami (1st round)

Michael Haynes (1st round)

Dan Bazuin (2nd round)

Mark Bradley (2nd round)

Terrance Metcalf (3rd round)

Garrett Wolfe (3rd round)

Michael Okwo (3rd round)

Marcus Harrison (3rd round)

Jarron Gilbert (3rd round)

Juaquin Iglesias (3rd round)

Brandon Hardin (3rd round)

It's a tough call with so many losers. Kinda hilarious how many epic fails Angelo had in the third round. I'll never forget training camp after Juaquin Iglesias was picked and Jeff Dickerson from ESPN1000 said he was the worst player he'd ever seen LOL. JD is maybe the most professional of all beat reporters in the city so for him to say that --- wow. He was totally bewildered by how Juaquin Iglesias could be drafted by anybody in any round, let a lone the third.

Michael Haynes is tough to bet against only because he was a 5'7 DL who weighed less than Robbie Gould. But in the end, I'm going with....

.......DAN BAZUIN. Worst draft pick in Chicago Bears history.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked that Gabriel Iglesias WR guy. He was funny. Could lose some weight though.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
eewwww....post 666...you are the devil.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but as many times as you've disliked me - you have to admit this is a good thread.

I'll +rep as soon as I am able. Just to make things right.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jerry Angelo..... Oh, my bad you said draft pick, not draft picker.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Also, Chicago Bears history is a long time. These are only picks from the last decade or so.

True I just automatically assumed Angelo sucked so bad that one of his had to be the worst of all time. I did forgot Rashaan Salami though.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way can 2nd or 3rd rounders qualify with the draft history that we have.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I remember hating the Benson pick. He didn't want to play for Chicago and we didn't need a RB

My tag line the entire offseason leading up to the draft that season was: "Please JA, ANYONE but Ced Benson". Worked out great.

I just knew for certain JA couldn't/wouldn't learn from past Bears mistakes, they kept drafting the same type of RB (Rashaaaaan Salaaaam = Curtis Enis = Ced Benson).

Common Denominator: straight-ahead (North-South) runners that put up massive stats in college against undersized defenders when their respective teams had dominant OLs that were opening gaping holes. Rashan/Enis/Ced were not creating their own space or making tacklers miss, they were running straight through 5-foot wide holes.

Fucking stupid-ass Bears FO.......

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Also, OP, nice partial list, and others have added a few more, but the one that was overlooked is the tweener that made me throw up in my mouth 1st-time ever on draft day: John Thierry.