Worst Draft Pick in Bears History?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And who would we have drafted with those two first rounders? Jerry Angelo couldn't hit on a first rounder if his life depended on it. We would have gotten a Benson, Carimi, or if we were really really lucky an Olsen (good but not great). I would bet some serious cash that had we kept those picks we would have had picked players that would have only lasted a year or two in this league.

Terrible logic, but it matches this terrible thread.

OP is useless.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
This thread is a product of 18 year olds. Do you think the Bears have only made bad draft choices in the last 15 years. Stop making threads until you learn a little bit about the Bears. Their worst draft choice was a first round RB in 1971 named Joe Moore.

18 year old, not 18 year olds. One person made the thread and that one person listed players from 2006 and on.

Mitchapalooza

From my times, probably dan bazuin. A 2nd rounder who got cut before the season lmao

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
Here is the story on how the Bears drafted Joe Moore.

The Bears had a very small scouting department and actually didnt see many players in person. They drafted Joe Moore RB from Missouri based upon seeing him in a bowl game on TV. Just to make it simple they then drafted his running mate a full back from Missouri in the second round. They never had to leave their TV
Wow

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here is the story on how the Bears drafted Joe Moore.

The Bears had a very small scouting department and actually didnt see many players in person. They drafted Joe Moore RB from Missouri based upon seeing him in a bowl game on TV. Just to make it simple they then drafted his running mate a full back from Missouri in the second round. They never had to leave their TV
Wait, so you're implying that my YouTube assessments are a bit lacking when compared to an entire NFL scouting dept. Balderdash!

GaelicSoxFan

Time Lord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does Rick Mirer count since Wannstedt threw in a first round pick for that garbage ass?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Really though, since I can only focus on the picks that took place in my lifetime, Cade McNown as an actual pick Rick Mirer as an acquired asset and Doug Flutie as a civil unrest pick

Thunderfoot

Liked Posts:
I will never understand that. Ever. I can understand why the Vikings would give the Cowboys 18 million picks for Hershel Walker to try to win a SB but why a 1st round for a guy that adequately proved that he sucked. The Mirer trade made no sense.

IMO it was McCaskey influence in that he was hung up on Notre Dame players.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
David Terrell (FT didn't give his name. All the Diva with none of the talent or production)
Todd Sauerbrun (a fucking punter in the 2nd?)
Patrick Riley
Rex (shorter version of Jay Cutler) Grossman

Well, Sauerbrun can't be the worst pick, because he was a better player than almost everyone else listed today, and they were all 1st and 2nd rounders.

(There may have been some later ones listed, but nobody taken in the 3rd or lower can be your worst pick - unless you're darn near perfect in Rd 1 and 2, and we clearly haven't been.)

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Well, Sauerbrun can't be the worst pick, because he was a better player than almost everyone else listed today, and they were all 1st and 2nd rounders.

(There may have been some later ones listed, but nobody taken in the 3rd or lower can be your worst pick - unless you're darn near perfect in Rd 1 and 2, and we clearly haven't been.)

Sauerbrun was a 2nd round pick which is a bad case of reaching and didn't even become a good punter until he left the Bears. Later on, his name was implicated in a PED physician ring.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sauerbrun was a 2nd round pick which is a bad case of reaching and didn't even become a good punter until he left the Bears. Later on, his name was implicated in a PED physician ring.

I still love devin making sauerbrun his bitch twice in that 2007 broncos game (grossman and berrian also made a bitch sandwich out of cutler that game, at least in OT)

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread (topic) could probably have its own sub forum... to many to list and nit pick thru. Obviously every organization has their fair of swings and misses....but the Bears overall history has to be epically bad.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
This thread (topic) could probably have its own sub forum... to many to list and nit pick thru. Obviously every organization has their fair of swings and misses....but the Bears overall history has to be epically bad.

Especially the Wannstedt, Hatley, and Angelo years.