Worst Draft Pick in Bears History?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
OP may be the worst message board poster ever.

This thread has had some really good posts but you've tried to ruin it with Trolling. And besides- everyone knows my threads don't allow pizza faces like you.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I remember hating the Benson pick. He didn't want to play for Chicago and we didn't need a RB

This- and he cried because we selected him.

C.jpg

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It also falls into the line the Bears are never bad enough to get a major difference maker. In 1997, they finished 4-12..The Colts 3-13. There were 3 other teams that went 4-12..Given shitty Bears luck, they ended up picking the last of them.

Of course I think the Bears had to be 2-14 to get Peyton. Had they tied with Colts at 3-13..The Colts would have won the tiebreaker then the Bears end up with Ryan Leaf.

1998 is much the same. A bunch of teams finished 3-13, the Bears once again 4-12.

Well had they stayed put in 1997 they could have taken Warrick Dunn or Tony Gonzalez.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You are at least 72 years old and posting on a message board on the internet. I hope my retirement is more fun than yours.
Based upon your posts you will never be financially able to retire. Thank god for you that Walmart hires 70 year olds

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I started to say that only first round draft picks should be included, but goddamn was that Bazuin pick horrible.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
in my mind had to be mcnown had high hopes thought we finally had our qb and he turned into a shitshow

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3rd round picks on there, only 1st round picks could be considered worst draft picks we've had.

Wish we never took Benson and drafted Rodgers...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
http://qctimes.com/sports/columnists/doxsie/eye-openers-bears-have-been-feast-or-famine-in-first/article_c9677aa9-2381-5a1e-86b7-343c1f35d501.html

Our top 10 Bears busts:

• Dave Behrman, C, Michigan State (1963): He was the 11th player chosen, but he never even played for the Bears, signing with Buffalo of the rival AFL. He only lasted three years there.

• George Rice, DT, LSU (1966): Like Behrman, he was lured away by AFL money, which might have been a blessing. He played four uneventful seasons with Houston.

• Loyd Phillips, DE, Arkansas (1967): He was the 10th player chosen and he never became a starter although he did play in 32 games in three years in the NFL.

• Mike Hull, RB, USC (1968): The Bears made him the 16th overall pick and he managed to hang around the NFL for seven years without ever starting a game. Career total: 207 yards rushing, an average of 2.3 per game.

• Joe Moore, RB, Missouri (1971): He seemingly never was healthy after the Bears made him the 11th pick. He rushed for 281 yards and never scored a touchdown in two NFL seasons.

• Lionel Antoine, OT, Southern Illinois (1972): He was a sleeper pick at No. 3 overall and he never really woke up to what it took to play in the NFL. He started just nine games in six years.

• Stan Thomas, OT, Texas (1991): He showed early promise, starting seven games as a rookie. He never started another one in four seasons with the Bears and Oilers.

• Curtis Enis, RB, Penn State (1998): Chosen fifth overall, he did rush for 916 yards and catch 45 passes in his second pro season. But by the end of his third season he was finished.

• Cade McNown, QB, UCLA (1999): He was the 12th overall pick (and the fifth quarterback selected) that year. When the Bears cut him two years later, no one picked him up. It’s small consolation that one of the four QBs taken ahead of him (Akili Smith) was a bigger bust than he was.

• Michael Haynes, DE, Penn State (2003): The Bears took him with the 14th overall pick (two picks before the Steelers drafted Troy Polamalu). He hung around for three years, started four games, then was done.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
David Terrell (FT didn't give his name. All the Diva with none of the talent or production)
Todd Sauerbrun (a fucking punter in the 2nd?)
Patrick Riley
Rex (shorter version of Jay Cutler) Grossman

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not the worst pick they've ever made but David Terrell was the most disappointing. I was at that 54-51 Northwestern game and he was a beast. I was elated that the Bears took him. What an underachieving bust he turned out to be.

Naz

Liked Posts:
1970 draft was symptomatic of the many failed Bears drafts. Finished in a tie with the Steelers for worst record, lost a coin flip for the first pick in the draft. The Steelers drafted Terry Bradshaw. The Bears traded the #2 pick for a 5th rate running back, Elijah Pitts.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://qctimes.com/sports/columnists/doxsie/eye-openers-bears-have-been-feast-or-famine-in-first/article_c9677aa9-2381-5a1e-86b7-343c1f35d501.html

• Cade McNown, QB, UCLA (1999): He was the 12th overall pick (and the fifth quarterback selected) that year. When the Bears cut him two years later, no one picked him up. It’s small consolation that one of the four QBs taken ahead of him (Akili Smith) was a bigger bust than he was.

McNown's numbers weren't far off of Grossman's early year numbers. NcNown might have stuck around longer if he got hurt as much as Grossman. Obviously neither were great but I actually think McNown gets a bad rap or Grossman gets rated higher than he should (even if mediocre at best). It's one or the other.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rick Mirer for our 1st

I will never understand that. Ever. I can understand why the Vikings would give the Cowboys 18 million picks for Hershel Walker to try to win a SB but why a 1st round for a guy that adequately proved that he sucked. The Mirer trade made no sense.