Worst Draft Pick in Bears History?

Naz

Liked Posts:
I will never understand that. Ever. I can understand why the Vikings would give the Cowboys 18 million picks for Hershel Walker to try to win a SB but why a 1st round for a guy that adequately proved that he sucked. The Mirer trade made no sense.

Yeah, it only led to Walter Jones, a Hall-of-Fame offensive tackle.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doc nailed it. Rick Mirer was a giant waste of a pick.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I remember hating the Benson pick. He didn't want to play for Chicago and we didn't need a RB

That's completely false. At the time we had Thomas Jones who had only played the 04 season and run for 900 and some odd yards and hadn't proved a damn thing yet. This was still when he wasn't anything special so drafting a RB was a need. We may have drafted the wrong one, but we did need one.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
The ones they traded for Jay Cutler

And we gave up Two first rounders and a second rounder I believe. That set us back. I remember his first game against GB at soldier field. The most jacked up feeling I had and he threw like 4 ints. All the games later against them always look the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
So many to choose from. Where do we start?

Shea McLellin (1st round)

Chris Williams (1st round)

Gabe Carami (1st round)

Michael Haynes (1st round)

Dan Bazuin (2nd round)

Mark Bradley (2nd round)

Terrance Metcalf (3rd round)

Garrett Wolfe (3rd round)

Michael Okwo (3rd round)

Marcus Harrison (3rd round)

Jarron Gilbert (3rd round)

Juaquin Iglesias (3rd round)

Brandon Hardin (3rd round)

It's a tough call with so many losers. Kinda hilarious how many epic fails Angelo had in the third round. I'll never forget training camp after Juaquin Iglesias was picked and Jeff Dickerson from ESPN1000 said he was the worst player he'd ever seen LOL. JD is maybe the most professional of all beat reporters in the city so for him to say that --- wow. He was totally bewildered by how Juaquin Iglesias could be drafted by anybody in any round, let a lone the third.

Michael Haynes is tough to bet against only because he was a 5'7 DL who weighed less than Robbie Gould. But in the end, I'm going with....

.......DAN BAZUIN. Worst draft pick in Chicago Bears history.

Can we go back farther than 10 years? Go check out joe Moore running back from Missouri

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Can we go back farther than 10 years? Go check out joe Moore running back from Missouri
Here is the story on how the Bears drafted Joe Moore.

The Bears had a very small scouting department and actually didnt see many players in person. They drafted Joe Moore RB from Missouri based upon seeing him in a bowl game on TV. Just to make it simple they then drafted his running mate a full back from Missouri in the second round. They never had to leave their TV

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's completely false. At the time we had Thomas Jones who had only played the 04 season and run for 900 and some odd yards and hadn't proved a damn thing yet. This was still when he wasn't anything special so drafting a RB was a need. We may have drafted the wrong one, but we did need one.

Thomas Jones was a stud and Benson was not only a terrible pick but a big negative on the team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cade McNown was a bad one for sure.

cd35

Liked Posts:
I'll go with Stan Thomas partly bc Neal was my favorite player and then when the line was atrocious and he started getting nailed as soon as he got handoffs and people started asking what's wrong with him, it annoyed me, ha.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
LOL do you mean worst picks in the ten years? If you want to go by Bears history then you have to go back to when the Bears became an NFL team.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Terrance Metcalf (3rd round)

Garrett Wolfe (3rd round)

Michael Okwo (3rd round)

Marcus Harrison (3rd round)

Jarron Gilbert (3rd round)

Juaquin Iglesias (3rd round)

Brandon Hardin (3rd round)

Wonder why we never had any depth.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
And we gave up Two first rounders and a second rounder I believe. That set us back. I remember his first game against GB at soldier field. The most jacked up feeling I had and he threw like 4 ints. All the games later against them always look the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And who would we have drafted with those two first rounders? Jerry Angelo couldn't hit on a first rounder if his life depended on it. We would have gotten a Benson, Carimi, or if we were really really lucky an Olsen (good but not great). I would bet some serious cash that had we kept those picks we would have had picked players that would have only lasted a year or two in this league.