Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
9c7bf82caa91979bc32e41e89e6bdcf4f8f69f9ec4c4c7c2d87a3d1a114e39ea.jpg

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Phil Emery is a glofired scout that has no business running an NFL franchise the story of how he passed on Arians and fired Trestman should show you

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...oof-arizona-cardinals-luck-changing/17864249/

From that article:

The story of Arians keeps resonating, and not just in the desert. With Marc Trestman under fire in Chicago, Bears fans are currently wondering how their organization passed on an impact coach like Arians, who rose to stardom a few hours away in Indianapolis, who is cast in the George Halas-Mike Ditka archetype that Chicagoans adore.
So how did a perfect marriage never happen?
"It seemed awkward in Chicago because they wanted me to keep some of their (assistant coaches), which wasn't going to happen," Arians said.
According to multiple sources, there were many forces at work.
The Bears wanted Arians to do one thing: fix quarterback Jay Cutler. They desperately wanted to keep Rod Marinelli as defensive coordinator, believing that side of that ball needed no reform. That was a pipe dream from the start, as Marinelli was extremely close to the fired Lovie Smith and wasn't going to remain in Chicago under any circumstance.
Along the way, a high-ranking Bears official fell in love with Trestman, who kept two members of Smith's staff: defensive backs coach Jon Hoke and defensive line coach Mike Phair, who was fired after last season.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
From that article:

The story of Arians keeps resonating, and not just in the desert. With Marc Trestman under fire in Chicago, Bears fans are currently wondering how their organization passed on an impact coach like Arians, who rose to stardom a few hours away in Indianapolis, who is cast in the George Halas-Mike Ditka archetype that Chicagoans adore.
So how did a perfect marriage never happen?
"It seemed awkward in Chicago because they wanted me to keep some of their (assistant coaches), which wasn't going to happen," Arians said.
According to multiple sources, there were many forces at work.
The Bears wanted Arians to do one thing: fix quarterback Jay Cutler. They desperately wanted to keep Rod Marinelli as defensive coordinator, believing that side of that ball needed no reform. That was a pipe dream from the start, as Marinelli was extremely close to the fired Lovie Smith and wasn't going to remain in Chicago under any circumstance.
Along the way, a high-ranking Bears official fell in love with Trestman, who kept two members of Smith's staff: defensive backs coach Jon Hoke and defensive line coach Mike Phair, who was fired after last season.

Yup, they demanded the new coach keep Marinelli, who wanted out anyways. Meanwhile Arians could have delived Bowles, one of the best defensive coordiantors in the game. This makes Phil Emery look like a total moron.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
'cutler is our qb. and we have a lot of footbaw left"

"we're going to look at the tape" and "we have some things to fix"

They just have to clean some things up. Everything is fine

Yeah, you guys are probably right. No, I know you guys are right. Fuck me. Oh well, luckily for me I'll be in class so I won't have to witness such shenanigans. I highly doubt they're going to set a life-size replica of the Hindenburg on fire though -- even if it would make for an appropriate effigy...

:D

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of which, maybe Lovie and Marinelli are going to come back at the presser and declare shenanigans on this entire regime; ultimately taking back control through a systematic and bloody purging!

One can only hope.

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In my Vince McMahon voice: I would like to wish Mel Tucker the best in his future endeavors

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so frustrating, I wait forever to get out from under the seamingly never ending Jerry Angelo era....and here we are only at 1.5 years of the Emery / Trestman regime and this is where it stands. I am generally an optimist but I fear thing is about to go down in flames and its going to be a long slow burn.

I wanted Arians, or McCoy, or Kelly...but I tried like hell to believe Emery, and that he made the right hire, but I am officially done with Trestman. It aint gona work.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
244b992a4753d38ed947da0b5ec98738219747fa9c33f24e64bc34f6dd550ccd.jpg

0431cfa4d7822bd2ce06b691bd1c3afe95b7266b72ab1a91c4bd1ecd06c9c793.jpg

01681bff5157ac7f65684835976c1b981379b2b7d12e4a71b26166bf477f83f4.jpg

raknjt.jpg

BEARS

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Emery fucking up the coaching hire could very well be his downfall, no matter how well he drafts or does in free agency.