• Total voters

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Trade down and get more picks. The Bears need multiple players.

I would like to see the Bears move down to the bottom of the first round and get an extra pick and then move out of the first round and pick up another pick.

Accuracy though quantity of fire.

Hey that is a page out of Ommy's book every year. He would love to corner the market in the 6th round.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Trade down and get more picks. The Bears need multiple players.

I would like to see the Bears move down to the bottom of the first round and get an extra pick and then move out of the first round and pick up another pick.

Accuracy though quantity of fire.
For most teams this has proven to be a horrible strategy

czman

Liked Posts:
Hey that is a page out of Ommy's book every year. He would love to corner the market in the 6th round.

I am sure there was no comment about trading for 6th round picks. Not sure if you pay attention, but the Patriots tend to stack up on 2md/3rd round picks. They are by far the best value in the draft. They don't cost as much. They provide good talent. They get traded often.

If the Bears can move the ~10th pick in the draft and pick up an two 2nds and 3rd by moving down twice I am all for it. Far better chance they get better.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went with cornerback, but that's highly dependent on coach. This is a big "if", but if Trestman is still coach, I don't think the Bears need a great QB, just one that's not going to make boneheaded decisions. One way or another with Trestman has HC or not, it is highly likely there will be a new DC next year, and I don't think the Bears will be in Cover-2.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I am sure there was no comment about trading for 6th round picks. Not sure if you pay attention, but the Patriots tend to stack up on 2md/3rd round picks. They are by far the best value in the draft. They don't cost as much. They provide good talent. They get traded often.

If the Bears can move the ~10th pick in the draft and pick up an two 2nds and 3rd by moving down twice I am all for it. Far better chance they get better.

I am just messing.

I don't hate that strategy as long as you have the faith your GM can take advantage and pick the correct players with those multiple picks.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

Nonsense. Plenty of studies proving that most teams dont move down successfully. If this season taught you anything it's about better players not more players

czman

Liked Posts:
I am just messing.

I don't hate that strategy as long as you have the faith your GM can take advantage and pick the correct players with those multiple picks.

I will take more Alshon and Less Shea

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Shaq will be moved to Safety in the NFL...Would love to have him on the Bears. Keep the Sac Town connection alive.

No he won't. He was moved to LB in college for a reason. If he couldn't cut it at safety in college why would he be able to do it in the NFL?

czman

Liked Posts:
What about Long and Fuller vs Bostic and Ferguson?

I think Bostic and Ferguson can both be productive players. Fuller looks good, only health issues. I am not as high on Long as a lot of people.

I think Bostic is a bad scheme fit though, so he may never pan out here. Of the lot Alshon has been the best and Shea has been the worst as far as I am concerned.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
No he won't. He was moved to LB in college for a reason. If he couldn't cut it at safety in college why would he be able to do it in the NFL?

Shaq is taylor made for WIll in todays NFL. He's lightning fast and is great in coverage.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Best defensive player available. I don't care. Keep throwing talent at this defense. I'd target safety first and then LB.

Gotta make the middle of the defense stout. We got two solid DTs last year so that's not as big a need as LB and safety for us.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
QB.

Even if they stick with Jay for another year, this team needs another option in place to go to when he isn't performing. 2015 is the time to draft the eventual replacement, so that he's ready to go in 2016 if/when Cutler doesn't cut it again.

12 turnovers already and we're only at the halfway point. I don't know what it's going to take for them to realize that this is who he is, and you just cannot win with this guy. He isn't the worst player on the team but he plays the most important position; the one position where the wrong guy can prevent your team from winning, and you cannot win with Jay.

"If the defense is just good enough to be mediocre/average, we'll be a Superbowl contender" was the offseason narrative.

22.5 ppg, good for 20th in the league is what we've gotten from the vaunted offense.

You have championship caliber players in #22, #15, #17 and #83 whose prime years (except for Jeffery who is still very young) are being wasted on #6.

Enough.

I agree that we need to draft a QB but stop pretneding tha the others around him are getting it done too. Forte is not a RB who can win a game for you, Alshon drops catchable balls and makes critical mistakes,Brandon is checking out, makes a ton of speeches and doesnt deliver and has never been to the playoffs and Marty gets lazy. Champion caliber huh

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
easy QB, LB in 2nd round or vice versa

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anyways I would go

DE
QB
FS
OL

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree that we need to draft a QB but stop pretneding tha the others around him are getting it done too. Forte is not a RB who can win a game for you, Alshon drops catchable balls and makes critical mistakes,Brandon is checking out, makes a ton of speeches and doesnt deliver and has never been to the playoffs and Marty gets lazy. Champion caliber huh

Oh piss off with your sad little digs. Forte is a top player and has been fantastic, as usual. Every player, coach, analyst and fan in America knows it, outside of you and Rodney, and at least Rodney has the sense to disappear.

Bennett is one of the better TEs in the league and is playing to a very high level.

Marshall is an elite talent, and the only reason he's never been to the playoffs is because he's spent his career with bum QBs. He might be checking out, but who could blame him if he's getting sick and tired of playing with Cutler?

You've finally realized that Cutler isn't good enough, and instead of retreating from the backwagon with dignity, you're trying to throw anyone else under the bus you can. Pathetic.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I agree that we need to draft a QB but stop pretneding tha the others around him are getting it done too. Forte is not a RB who can win a game for you,
Forte is one of the top 5 RB in Bear's history. You are delusional

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

You can't be serious about Forte. Are you just trying to troll Mick because you are mud that you finally have to agree that Cutler is a failure at the most important position on the team?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

I don't think that is fair. Marty is far from lazy. He is an animal. Forte is a top 5 back rushing and receiving and is every year. Marshall does seem to have checked out mentally but the biggest issues the O has dealt with are poor Offensive Line play and critical turnovers. Jay has played well, and the league wide stats show it, but he has made critical mistakes that have had a direct hand in the losses to the Dolphins, Bills and Panthers.