My Thoughts on the Bears

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
You're not looking at this the right way. The point remains that, relative to the competition and previous competitors, Trestman made a guy one of the best to ever do it and helped him raise his (already solid) resume to an entirely different level.

I get that.

My point is he took lesser talent and made him the best lesser talent guy playing against other lesser talent guys.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe Cutler does not fit with the Trestman offense.

I say this because there is something not working. All the parts of the engine are there and it runs, but not efficently.

This would make Emery giving 126 million over 7 years to Cutler even more confusing.

Id like to see Clausson out there. I think his pedigree is a little better downfield than McCown and he too, possibly, would be less prone to bad decisions and staring down.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Id like to see Clausson out there. I think his pedigree is a little better downfield than McCown and he too, possibly, would be less prone to bad decisions and staring down.

This is the problem. Clausen is not the answer.

We need to get a potential answer on this team sooner rather than later.

I will be shocked if Cutler makes it past 2016.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I get that.

My point is he took lesser talent and made him the best lesser talent guy playing against other lesser talent guys.

Right which means if he gets a more talented guy who's willing and able to change like Calvillo did then that more talented guy should elevate his play relative to his peers.

It's all relative.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

1263592_o.gif

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

With only a three million dollar cap hit after the 2015 season it wouldn't surprise me if the Bears move on if significant progress isn't made over the next 24 games.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right which means if he gets a more talented guy who's willing and able to change like Calvillo did then that more talented guy should elevate his play relative to his peers.

It's all relative.

So Cutler is a stubborn idiot?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I will be shocked if Trestman makes it past Cutler. A lot can happen in 3 years

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Actually we have only definitively proven that Cutler is not the answer.
Id like to see Clausson just so we can rule him out as a less or more mistake prone General and Game manager. The BEARs need a craftier more deceptive, but mobile version of Cutler even at the cost of losing some of his downfield throws. Those downfield throws are 50-50 ish in even trying because of the much higher possibility of failing anyway.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:

I don't. Clausen is a bandaid. He's a backup who may not even be on the roster.

The season is effectively over. If 10-6 is the metric to get to be in the playoff picture, it's done. They aren't going 7-1 in their remaining games. They WILL miss the post season.

The Bears have $127M invested in Cutler. He must be on the field for every snap. He must work with his offense to develop chemistry and rhythm going into next season. Spend the remaining 8 games fixing the offense with the talent they have and coaching up the young guys on D. Shea and DJ Williams should never see the field again. Roll Bostic, Sharpton, Vereen and whomever else out their to see what they can really do with ample playing time. There's no value in rolling out guys like Williams and Shea who won't be on this team any more. The 'best chance' to win thing is out the window at this point.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The real problem is that Cutler is going to be here for 3 years.

But I he continues this mediocre play the shit storm is going to stalk him.

Anyone think he does his radio show in 2015?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is it with Trestman?

I could be wrong but I swore he did well in the CFL. If so why not here?
Haha. CFL has all of 8 teams and they are certainly not at the skill level of NFL teams. It's like competing with just the teams from the NFC North and NFC South for the SB . ..and take Rodgers off the Packers and Brees off the Saints.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This thing is crashing.

Trestman's CFL resume is secondary to the fact that he could be 14-18 by the end of this season.

That the QB he was brought in here to fix, continues to stink.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I agree with most of this....

I think what hurts us the most honestly is our draft picks not working out...

When we got turnovers in the San Francisco game we played at a very high level in the redzone.... Our offense and defense clicked because of the balance... It was a perfect game by the Bears... The best they have played in over 5 years...

Without balance in the NFL you are a mediocre team... Unless you have a Top 10 HOFer playing QB you need balance...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thing is crashing.

Trestman's CFL resume is secondary to the fact that he could be 14-18 by the end of this season.

images

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
With only a three million dollar cap hit after the 2015 season it wouldn't surprise me if the Bears move on if significant progress isn't made over the next 24 games.

His cap hit is 17 million in 2016. You're referring to dead money

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
This thing is crashing.

Does something keep happening each day with the bears that I'm missing? Because it seems like every day since Sunday you've come out with a more negative post than the day before.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually we have only definitively proven that Cutler is not the answer.
Id like to see Clausson just so we can rule him out as a less or more mistake prone General and Game manager. The BEARs need a craftier more deceptive, but mobile version of Cutler even at the cost of losing some of his downfield throws. Those downfield throws are 50-50 ish in even trying because of the much higher possibility of failing anyway.

He isn't the answer to WHAT? Winning a championship? Blaming this farce on Cutler is crazy. That ship has sailed anyway since they signed him to a big time deal. Like him or not,Cutler is going to be the Bears quarterback for the next 2-3years.They have to make the best of it. They and we need to look elsewhere for help.They need to hire the best damn defensive guy out there and pay him like they pay a head coach. Sort of like what old man Halas did when he hired Ditka and put RYan in charge of everything defensive. This is where this team has to give at least 75% of their attention. This defense is TERRIBLE. It is beyond terrible. Way beyond.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does something keep happening each day with the bears that I'm missing? Because it seems like every day since Sunday you've come out with a more negative post than the day before.

Just looking at the gravity of the situation.

I really do apologize if it upsets you.