I would trade Briggs to Cowboys for a 5th

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He isnt going to be resigned next year, his heart has not been in it since Phil waived bye bye to his boy Urlacher and his coach Lovie... Briggs has been awesome, we all love him, but time to at least get somethign for a player that is going to move on this off season anyway.

Get him back into the defensive scheme he strives in with Rod and puts him on a contender. Win Win for both.

Cowboys lose OLB Justin Durant for the season

Cowboys OLB Justin Durant tore his right bicep in Monday's Week 8 loss to the Redskins and is out for the year.

It's a major injury to a no-name defense that already lost MLB Sean Lee and just can't afford to lose any talent. Durant was the unit's captain and leading tackler (per the coaches' tape). "He's in the top three or four performers we've had this year on defense," Jerry Jones said. The Cowboys will need fourth-round rookie Anthony Hitchens to step up alongside Rolando McClain and Bruce Carter.

Source: Charean Williams on Twitter

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
I'd be all for it. Can we get a set of shoulder pads in return if we throw DJ Williams into the deal as well?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would give him to them for nothing.

He has not part in our future.

Greene and Jones need to be tested.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Briggs for Dewayne Harris. Make it happen!!!!!

Nick80

We aren't winning it all this year, so we might aswell let one of the best players to ever play the game at his position go and actually win something at the end of his glittering career, he deserves it.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We aren't winning it all this year, so we might aswell let one of the best players to ever play the game at his position go and actually win something at the end of his glittering career, he deserves it.

I enjoyed the years Briggs gave to the Bears, but his time is up. I would trade him to Dallas for anything at this point. One LB is not going to make much of a difference when he is clearly declining. I also am think that Dallas is due for their yearly implosion, and thought it looked like that time started last night.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
a 5th round pick?!? Jerry Jones should punch himself in face if he gave a 5th for a old fat washed up Briggs.

Nick80

I enjoyed the years Briggs gave to the Bears, but his time is up. I would trade him to Dallas for anything at this point. One LB is not going to make much of a difference when he is clearly declining. I also am think that Dallas is due for their yearly implosion, and thought it looked like that time started last night.

He can go, if the thread was totally serious with some interest, but I just don't see Jones being interested. Briggs could leave for any team and I wouldn't mind. He has treated it the same way, it's his job, a business and a sport, somewhat in that order and the start of this season proved he had tuned out and was looking out for Lance Briggs post football.

Great career in a Bears jersey, couldn't give a fuck if I never see him pull on the Navy and Orange ever again.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can go, if the thread was totally serious with some interest, but I just don't see Jones being interested. Briggs could leave for any team and I wouldn't mind. He has treated it the same way, it's his job, a business and a sport, somewhat in that order and the start of this season proved he had tuned out and was looking out for Lance Briggs post football.

Great career in a Bears jersey, couldn't give a fuck if I never see him pull on the Navy and Orange ever again.

I read an article yesterday before the Cowboys lost their LB that said it would make sense for both sides. Briggs would go back to a Marinelli Cover 2 scheme that he has excelled in, and the Bears would get something for someone who is clearly on their way out. I would like to see it happen, even if a conditional late round pick.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep, keeping thinking that Briggs is the problem on the defense and the younger players are actually better. That thinking is looking real promising....lol....

BEARS

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read an article yesterday before the Cowboys lost their LB that said it would make sense for both sides. Briggs would go back to a Marinelli Cover 2 scheme that he has excelled in, and the Bears would get something for someone who is clearly on their way out. I would like to see it happen, even if a conditional late round pick.

It would be nice to get something from him but old, hurt and slow doesn't have much value except to fans.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, keeping thinking that Briggs is the problem on the defense and the younger players are actually better. That thinking is looking real promising....lol....

BEARS

Is anyone really saying that in here though? More like this is definitely Briggs last year in Chicago might as well get something, and he is not gonna propel the defense into greatness. He can however blend in well on the Cowboys with Marinelli.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could make the pick conditional.... maybe conditional 5th if he plays x amount of snaps or whatever, otherwise it would be a 6th or 7th. Again, something better than nothing. I'd rather Christian Jones stay on the field and possibly develope, see what we have in him...vs a checked out, old Briggs.