CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
....while I'm not a list-maker like Rami, and while I don't have the poetic abilities of Rask to construct a blow your face off post, I have a quiet optimism for this coming season and am extraordinarily excited for tomorrow. I honestly don't remember feeling this excited for a season since Thibs' first year.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We gon' get it, son. Watch out Eastern Conference. Just look at my sig and instantly become filled with joy and rapture.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i feel like a debbie downer because im not all that optimistic

i mean the team will be good no doubt but im not sure we are gonna be serious contenders

i think this will be an 'adjustment' year....Rose working his way back, Gasol finding where he fits in and the rookies learning and trying to find their way

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i feel like a debbie downer because im not all that optimistic

i mean the team will be good no doubt but im not sure we are gonna be serious contenders
Assuming starters stay healthy and Rose returns to 80% of what he was... I think we're in the ECF.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Assuming starters stay healthy and Rose returns to 80% of what he was... I think we're in the ECF.
And really, it's only if the starters are healthy in the playoffs. We could sit Rose, Noah and Gasol out for like a third of the season and still bumble our way into the playoffs on the opposite side of the bracket as Cleveland and then make the ECF with those guys healthy.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And really, it's only if the starters are healthy in the playoffs. We could sit Rose, Noah and Gasol out for like a third of the season and still bumble our way into the playoffs on the opposite side of the bracket as Cleveland and then make the ECF with those guys healthy.
Except we won't sit any of them that long lol... unless theyre truly hurt. Even so, we're in a good position right now...but we're still short.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except we won't sit any of them that long lol... unless theyre truly hurt. Even so, we're in a good position right now...but we're still short.
Maybe Thibs had an epiphany idk...I CAN HOPE CAN I?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose will hit his stride. Making it to the playoffs healthy, and not worn down is the most important thing...Not seeding. The team has some kinks to work out-that is for sure. But I think they have the pieces they need.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shoot, all the First team needs to do is keep the games close, second team win the games for you. There is a ton of talent on this team, exciting to watch tonight. Can't wait to watch more!!! Obviously, the first team is talented and capable, but I'm impressed, color me impressed.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The depth is pretty impressive. This team can win without asking Rose to do too much. Not sure I understand putting Rose, Hinrich, Noah, and Gasol on the floor together if we are going to preserve these guys for a playoff run.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The depth is pretty impressive. This team can win without asking Rose to do too much. Not sure I understand putting Rose, Hinrich, Noah, and Gasol on the floor together if we are going to preserve these guys for a playoff run.
Huh?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose only played 21 minutes. In fact, the only player to play 30 minutes or more was Dunleavy. So I am not sure what your complaint is.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The reality is that this is the Bulls best shot at winning a 7th title. The Cavs are going to win multiple titles in the future but I think it will take this full year to fully transition. Hopefully everyone stays healthy.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose only played 21 minutes. In fact, the only player to play 30 minutes or more was Dunleavy. So I am not sure what your complaint is.

It was a comment/question. When I have a complaint you'll know.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a comment/question. When I have a complaint you'll know.

Got it. Playing your best players for less than 30 minutes/game is not preserving them for the playoffs.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rotation, fewer minutes, less wear and tear, etc.
I don't get why putting them all on the floor at the same time is a risk...