The Teach Me About Hockey Thread

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Play continues until the infracted team gets possession of the puck. The team that will be going on the power play pulls the goalie and sends an extra attacker onto the ice because there is no risk of the opposing team scoring a goal due to play stopping as soon as the opposing team touches the puck.

if the team that possesses the puck commits the penalty, play is stopped immediately.

Last edited:

TCD

Liked Posts:
There is only one rule in hockey you need to know

If you are a handsome lw then your main job is to hump your teammates wives in the dressing room.

But again you have to handsome and lw. So guys like Tyler Hall on Edmonton don't qualify but guys like Evander Kane and Andrew Ladd get full on wife poontang as does our own Patrick Sharp. Other guys like Chris Higgins in Vancouver are sort of a grey area where they are kind of handsome and try to hump wives but arent very good at it. Its a good GM whos job it is to find a legit handsome lw wife humper.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
There is only one rule in hockey you need to know

If you are a handsome lw then your main job is to hump your teammates wives in the dressing room.

But again you have to handsome and lw. So guys like Tyler Hall on Edmonton don't qualify but guys like Evander Kane and Andrew Ladd get full on wife poontang as does our own Patrick Sharp. Other guys like Chris Higgins in Vancouver are sort of a grey area where they are kind of handsome and try to hump wives but arent very good at it. Its a good GM whos job it is to find a legit handsome lw wife humper.

And that was the reason that my team always wanted me to play any position other than LW.

Reactions: TCD

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Almost as good as my expectation of what this thread was reopened for... I was hoping to get some doctoral input to the problems of blood clots.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Almost as good as my expectation of what this thread was reopened for... I was hoping to get some doctoral input to the problems of blood clots.

Oh, well you don't wanna get blood clots. Blood clots are bad, m'kay?

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
What determines wether or not a faceoff remains in the zone or is brought outside after the puck goes out of play from inside said zone? Whoever touched it last?

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if a shot is deflected into the seats off of a defending player it stays inside?

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about the team affiliation of the fan who gets the puck (provided it misses the netting), does that have any bearing on the faceoff location?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I actually am confused to sometimes not quite getting that rule... it seems to me sometimes if it goes off the pipe and out of play but no defender nor the goalie touches it it may stay in the Offensive zone.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about the team affiliation of the fan who gets the puck (provided it misses the netting), does that have any bearing on the faceoff location?

No affect on faceoff location, but if it's a fan of the opponent and they get hit by the puck and injured, hilarity ensues.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some please clear up ROW for me.
ROW = Regulation plus OT wins. Today's standings show the Hawks with a 39 ROW but 48 wins. Heh?

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shoot out wins do not count towards ROW. It is just regulation wins and OT wins. Shootouts don't count as OT apparently.
GP W L OTL PNTS ROW SOW SOL
x - Chicago 78 48 24 6 102 39 9 3

If you look in the standings you will see point total ROW and SOW. Subtract ROW from total wins and that number will/should match SOW.

Clear as mud?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shoot out wins do not count towards ROW. It is just regulation wins and OT wins. Shootouts don't count as OT apparently.
GP W L OTL PNTS ROW SOW SOL
x - Chicago 78 48 24 6 102 39 9 3

If you look in the standings you will see point total ROW and SOW. Subtract ROW from total wins and that number will/should match SOW.

Clear as mud?

No SOW shown in the standings, but thanks Jsnowball. I forgot about the shoot out wins.