Question on E'Twaun Moore

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Was hoping you guys would know a little more about this, as my NBA knowledge is minimal at best.

Is Moore going to be a guy that sees significant playing time for the Bulls this year? If not, is there an inactive list similar to the NFL that he'll be on most games or will he at least be suiting up to play every night?

Trying to get an idea of how much playing time, if any, he'll be seeing on most nights. Followed him a bit during his high school and college career since he's a local kid (graduate of East Chicago HS in NW Indiana) and was glad to see the Bulls sign him, but no idea about what to expect.

Thanks.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I highly doubt he'll get much playing time unless injuries occur. I don't know the bottom dwellers of our bench enough to know if he'll be active every night or not.

The Bulls will pretty much use a 10 man rotation.

I expect Gibson-Mirotic-McDermott-Hinrich-Brooks to be the 2nd team basically.. with Nazr and Snell active (Is it 13 guys now active actually if so, Moore might be the 13th man.)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yep, what Scoot said.

He's an all-encompassing insurance player. If Rose suffers another serious injury, then Kirk will get more minutes. Kirk isn't Mr. Ironman himself, so in a matter of a a few games, we could lose 2 PGs. Or if Butler talks basically break down, and the Bulls feel they need to trade him, or lose him in the off-season, then Moore can also bring depth at SG. Also, Moore is a decent player, so he brings in some smidgen of trade value of his own to make numbers work, given that scenario. The all-encompassing insurance player.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well he got to see 3 minutes of garbage time last night. Pretty much tells you how he'll only be used if people stay relatively healthy. I think we'd have to be pretty beaten up at guard for him to really see any time. At this point even injuries would just mean more playing time for Brooks/Hinrich/Snell.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
IMO, his contract being guaranteed through half the season says it all. I predict that the Bulls cut him for Ray Allen in a few months. Hopefully.