College Football Playoff Rankings - Discuss here

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Pretty shitty first release in my opinion. Looks like the polls have little to no effect on what the committee does. Notre Dame at 10 and Georgia at 11 is a damn joke.

Wondering if this will be the year we get an AP #1 that is different than the team that wins the playoff. Then what happens?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
:kermit:

Meh no big deal at this point.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The real issue is having five power conferences. If they could get that down to 4 super conferences of 16 teams each, that makes polling irrelevant. It essentially makes the playoffs 8 teams. Winners of each division face off in the conference championship games. Now seed those 4 for a pair of Christmas Day bowl games. The losers play on NYD and the winners play later in the Championship Bowl. Until that happens, everything from the Bowl Coalition to the BCS to this "playoff" is somewhat flawed, imho.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
:kermit:

Meh no big deal at this point.

You're right it might work out. But you've got 1 loss teams like K State, TCU, Michigan State ahead of Notre Dame. Michigan State could EASILY win out in that pathetic Big 10 and K State or TCU could run the table as well. If 2 of those 3 get in, there is no way ND gets in even if they win out because 2 SEC teams or 1 SEC team/Oregon will be in.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The real issue is having five power conferences. If they could get that down to 4 super conferences of 16 teams each, that makes polling irrelevant. It essentially makes the playoffs 8 teams. Winners of each division face off in the conference championship games. Now seed those 4 for a pair of Christmas Day bowl games. The losers play on NYD and the winners play later in the Championship Bowl. Until that happens, everything from the Bowl Coalition to the BCS to this "playoff" is somewhat flawed, imho.

I don't think anyone considers the Big 10 a power conference in football which basically solved that problem already.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think anyone considers the Big 10 a power conference in football which basically solved that problem already.

The ACC was a shit conference for football. It's all cyclical. Just a few years ago everyone was talking about how bad Big Ten basketball was. They don't say it anymore. The B1G can handle the ACC challenge. Note that everyone considered the SEC East to be the better division. That isn't true now.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The ACC was a shit conference for football. It's all cyclical. Just a few years ago everyone was talking about how bad Big Ten basketball was. They don't say it anymore. The B1G can handle the ACC challenge. Note that everyone considered the SEC East to be the better division. That isn't true now.

I still consider the ACC a shit conference for football. They semi-added ND which was huge and FSU is awesome right now, that's it. The rest is shit, that's why everyone and their mom thinks FSU won't lose the rest of the year (too easy).

The Big 10 has been shit for 6+ years now. They tend to only have one good team in a particular season, there is no competition. The bottom half of the Big 10 is about as bad as you will anywhere in the nation for any conference.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The bottom half isn't any worse than the bottom half of the PAC 12. The SEC is the only football conference that only has 2-3 perennially bad teams at this point.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The bottom half isn't any worse than the bottom half of the PAC 12. The SEC is the only football conference that only has 2-3 perennially bad teams at this point.

Colorado is the only truly awful team in the Pac 12. But the others like USC, UCLA, and Utah would fucking destroy Illinois, Purdue, Indiana.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Colorado is the only truly awful team in the Pac 12. But the others like USC, UCLA, and Utah would fucking destroy Illinois, Purdue, Indiana.
Washington State's history is sub-par. Oregon State is usually sub-par. UCLA has been a dumpster fire for a while, etc. Check out the dumpster fires in the ACC. Big 12? Iowa State says hello. There are several others who usually consider breaking .500 as an exceptional season.