4 Downs with Mike Ditka on Bears: ‘It’s the worst defense I’ve seen in a long time'

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Tucker sure rotates a lot. It's like a Chinese fire drill out there with guys looking for which door to use. Far from putting guys in a position to succeed.

He gives the back 7 the ol Lovie/Danieal Manning treatment

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can we just go back to having a historically bad run D?

At least we wouldn't get a 50 burger lit up against us?

rofl, what did you forget that eagle game last season!?!?!?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
rofl, what did you forget that eagle game last season!?!?!?

You're late!

That was a complete ineptness....even from the O

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:
Ah, Ditka with the obligatory - 'Bears history is defense'.

Fuck that. The Bears history is dog shit. In the modern NFL - which began in 1967 - 'The Super Bowl Era' - the Chicago Bears have one SB victory. One. And that was 30 years ago. You know who else has 1? Football meccas like St Louis, Indy and Tampa Bay.

Think about that - the storied 'Monsters of the Midway' have as many SB wins at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

By comparison, the shitty little hamlet of Green Bay - which is smaller than fucking Naperville - has 4.

Appearances? The Bears have two. Two. In almost 50 years. Two. Buffalo is a shit city and they had 4 straight appearances. Minnesota Vikings have 4. Seattle has two.

Not to mention that the Bears have been to the playoffs 5 times since 1992. Five.

Whatever this 'Bears Defense Tradition' is, I want fucking none of it. Bears history and tradition - in the era that counts - the SuperBowl ERA - is complete dogshit. It's laughable.

I'd like to see a complete team. A team like Seattle was last year or like Denver is this year.

The Chicago Bears 'rich tradition' is horseshit. It's a tradition of losing.

Fuck history. Fuck nostalgia. Call the Bears an expansion team if you want. Howzabout they start a new tradition - one that consists of them playoff fucking meaningful games in January. That would be a nice change of pace.

Shut up!

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
He caught bit's and pieces.
830488762.gif
LOL

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
Ah, Ditka with the obligatory - 'Bears history is defense'.

Fuck that. The Bears history is dog shit. In the modern NFL - which began in 1967 - 'The Super Bowl Era' - the Chicago Bears have one SB victory. One. And that was 30 years ago. You know who else has 1? Football meccas like St Louis, Indy and Tampa Bay.

Think about that - the storied 'Monsters of the Midway' have as many SB wins at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

By comparison, the shitty little hamlet of Green Bay - which is smaller than fucking Naperville - has 4.

Appearances? The Bears have two. Two. In almost 50 years. Two. Buffalo is a shit city and they had 4 straight appearances. Minnesota Vikings have 4. Seattle has two.

Not to mention that the Bears have been to the playoffs 5 times since 1992. Five.

Whatever this 'Bears Defense Tradition' is, I want fucking none of it. Bears history and tradition - in the era that counts - the SuperBowl ERA - is complete dogshit. It's laughable.

I'd like to see a complete team. A team like Seattle was last year or like Denver is this year.

The Chicago Bears 'rich tradition' is horseshit. It's a tradition of losing.

Fuck history. Fuck nostalgia. Call the Bears an expansion team if you want. Howzabout they start a new tradition - one that consists of them playoff fucking meaningful games in January. That would be a nice change of pace.

That post made me all sad panda.

2mrxwjp.gif

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Honestly this is on Angelo... Tillman Briggs Urlacher were drafted 12 years ago... There is no one here to back up Any of them that were drafted in the Angelo era...

He is the worst GM ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Are you guys old enough to remember what the end was like with Ditka? It was pretty fucked up, that embarrassed feeling you had when Houston blew out his knee celebrating, every press conference was like that. The Bears weren't the laughing stock of the NFL for just the losses, Ditka lost it and it was sad, fucked up and very hard to watch. I felt bad for him, and glad to see him go.

The coaches that followed sucked, but that's a different problem.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Honestly this is on Angelo... Tillman Briggs Urlacher were drafted 12 years ago... There is no one here to back up Any of them that were drafted in the Angelo era...

He is the worst GM ever

Hard to argue with that. The model of building a team via free agency and trades just does not work. It's an expensive and temporary fix and frankly, mortgages your future. Free agents are expensive. Trades usually cost you picks, which is the vicious cycle because it impacts your ability to build for the future.

If we look at the teams that are always in the conversation, its about being able to draft well, spot that unique talent and work with it. For example, Brady as a late round pick. Wilson as a 3rd that no one expected to be this good or even Rodgers sitting on a bench for a couple of years behind a first ballot Hall of Famer.

The Bears have a lot of ills caused by a lot of things. You can argue about the quality of coaching, but the reality that there's been such a change of coaching - not because guys are getting hired for HC jobs ala the Belicheck Tree - but because of a lack of performance, is crippling. Turning over an OC every week and a half will not mean success for any team. Couple that will 5-6 years of poor drafts and you see what you see in the Bears.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Are you guys old enough to remember what the end was like with Ditka? It was pretty fucked up, that embarrassed feeling you had when Houston blew out his knee celebrating, every press conference was like that. The Bears weren't the laughing stock of the NFL for just the losses, Ditka lost it and it was sad, fucked up and very hard to watch. I felt bad for him, and glad to see him go.

The coaches that followed sucked, but that's a different problem.

Ditka deserved every bit of it. Arguably, the most overrated coach in the history of the NFL. Buddy Ryan was really the architect of that SB team and frankly, the Bears should have won 3 with that talent. Bill Walsh came along and made Ditka a punchline.

For Ditka, it became all about the endorsements and the celebrity. Consider that when you consider his complete debacle in New Orleans.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Hard to argue with that. The model of building a team via free agency and trades just does not work. It's an expensive and temporary fix and frankly, mortgages your future. Free agents are expensive. Trades usually cost you picks, which is the vicious cycle because it impacts your ability to build for the future.

If we look at the teams that are always in the conversation, its about being able to draft well, spot that unique talent and work with it. For example, Brady as a late round pick. Wilson as a 3rd that no one expected to be this good or even Rodgers sitting on a bench for a couple of years behind a first ballot Hall of Famer.

The Bears have a lot of ills caused by a lot of things. You can argue about the quality of coaching, but the reality that there's been such a change of coaching - not because guys are getting hired for HC jobs ala the Belicheck Tree - but because of a lack of performance, is crippling. Turning over an OC every week and a half will not mean success for any team. Couple that will 5-6 years of poor drafts and you see what you see in the Bears.

Then we perfectly understand each other...

The problem with this team recently has been destroying our draft stock by taking on half assed "mercenary" free agent type players at the end of their careers... Jay Ratliff has lived up but so far none of the older FA signings have done anything in recent years but eat salary cap space, tarnish our draft stock (which prevents us from getting these stars in their prime) and degrades the developmental and evaluation stages that we are supposed to give to young players...

You are supposed to get FA stars or starters to compliment your already established star players... You aren't supposed to bring the FA in and expect them to be the star player...

We don't have a single quality defensive end from our own draft picks on the roster lol... That's fucking pathetic and insane! Houston Young Allen Bass all drafted by other teams... We don't have a single quality drafted offensive line or WR from the Angelo era...

We can rally behind the guys like Briggs and Tillman because we love "our guys" but to expect them to play like its their primes or close to it like they did in 2006 and carry us when our team literally has zero other star players in their prime is absolutely the thing that would make us delusional... Which many fans are...

I'm desperate for a championship run as much as anyone on this board but depending on free agents and old players past their primes is rarely the recipe for success...

Look at the Ravens... Old Ray Lewis and Ed Reed! But young Joe Flacco played a perfect offseason surrounded by young hungry talent like rice and smith who were complimented by free agents... Ray Lewis was old and past his prime but was the brain of a defense that consisted of Smith Webb Suggs Ngata Krueger Pollard and Reed

We had our Ray Lewis in Brian Urlacher, we had our Ed Reed in Tillman as far as creating turnovers and shutting it down defensively...

What we didn't have was a Ngata Suggs Pollard Krueger...

In the end what you see comes from a history of poor drafting

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ditka deserved every bit of it. Arguably, the most overrated coach in the history of the NFL. Buddy Ryan was really the architect of that SB team and frankly, the Bears should have won 3 with that talent. Bill Walsh came along and made Ditka a punchline.

For Ditka, it became all about the endorsements and the celebrity. Consider that when you consider his complete debacle in New Orleans.

It's a bit overstated. D had better measurables once Ryan left and Dtka never again had McMahon for the playoffs. Even D players that disliked McMahon on a personal level have admitted they'd have probably won more championships with him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
It's a bit overstated. D had better measurables once Ryan left and Dtka never again had McMahon for the playoffs. Even D players that disliked McMahon on a personal level have admitted they'd have probably won more championships with him.

They did have McMahon in 88...but at that time he was damaged goods.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True and we lost Marshal, Vanisi etc by then as well.