Mully: Trestman has been a failure

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
This team is not capable of being 6-2. They are extremely lucky to be 3-5.

I said 5-3 or 6-2. We could have beat Buffalo or Carolina pretty easily. This team and Jay just like to give away games they should win.

And if we played Tampa Bay and the Vikings instead of the Packers and Patriots early in the schedule we could be 5-3 or 6-2 heading into this bye.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
so in the last week we've learned that a "high ranking official" fell in love with trestman and another "high ranked staffer" recommended decamillis.

so typical. we can bitch about trestman and emery but this organization is always at the mercy of the mckaskey's and their archaic, stupid approach to football. as long as they own the team, this will be the story.

Bobby DePaul recommended Mel Tucker to Phil Emery.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Ah yes, the ol "Trestman took over a 10-6 team and look where they are now!" argument. Virtually anything Mulligan says is irrelevant to me because of the way both he and hanley completely leave out facts during their radio show and make so many ridiculous jumps from what was actually said to what they perceive was said that they would fit in quite well on this board.

This year has been bad but saying he has been a failure since he's been here is over the top. It's still too early to label him a failure.

Not really. 2 seasons is more than enough for a team to go from not making the playoffs to making them. We see it all the time. The Bears weren't Jacksonville going through major rebuild after rebuild. They are in their window NOW and it will be two straight years of underachieving for this team. He has been a complete failure. There really isn't any other way to put it.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Not really. 2 seasons is more than enough for a team to go from not making the playoffs to making them. We see it all the time. The Bears weren't Jacksonville going through major rebuild after rebuild. They are in their window NOW and it will be two straight years of underachieving for this team. He has been a complete failure. There really isn't any other way to put it.

My problem with Phil is him and Trestman are so fucking nerdy stat guys, it almost seems like they forget that football is a damn game.

I rolled my eyes when Trestman was talking about the science of football.. Just wtf does that even mean.

Nick80

Emery should do a power point presentation of chicks he has railed, maybe there are some 10's in there.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
The mock press conference thing is unsettling. What the hell are we really looking for in a head coach?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
My problem with Phil is him and Trestman are so fucking nerdy stat guys, it almost seems like they forget that football is a damn game.

I rolled my eyes when Trestman was talking about the science of football.. Just wtf does that even mean.

The whole science thing I think he is talking about the west coast offense.

Unfortunately we don't have a QB who seems capable of running Trestman's offense.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I said 5-3 or 6-2. We could have beat Buffalo or Carolina pretty easily. This team and Jay just like to give away games they should win.

And if we played Tampa Bay and the Vikings instead of the Packers and Patriots early in the schedule we could be 5-3 or 6-2 heading into this bye.

They didn't beat Buffalo and Carolina because those are better teams. The Vikings and Bucs are roughly on par with the Bears. Even with an extremely soft schedule 4-4 would be the best this team could ask for.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
They didn't beat Buffalo and Carolina because those are better teams. The Vikings and Bucs are roughly on par with the Bears. Even with an extremely soft schedule 4-4 would be the best this team could ask for.

Buffalo is not a better team with EJ Manuel at QB. Carolina is a toss up. The Bears gave that game away with Cutler's INT and Forte's fumble.

And the Bears are on par with a 1-6 Tampa Bay team? Do you watch football or just bitch about it?

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
Buffalo is not a better team with EJ Manuel at QB. Carolina is a toss up. The Bears gave that game one with Cutler's INT and Forte's fumble.

And the Bears are on par with a 1-6 Tampa Bay team? Do you watch football or just bitch about it?

do you think tampa bay would be 1-6 if they hadn't started mccown, I think if glennon had started the season they prob would have the same record as us.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
BTW, who did this? hahahahahahaha....

PzChLfw.jpg

BEARS

mecha

Liked Posts:
For reviews:
*=playoff team
1. *Colts - W (Luck's first game), Colts did make playoffs
2. *Packers - L, Cutler sucked
3. Rams - W, Rams sucked
4. Cowboys - W, Cowboys sucked
5. Jaguars - W, Jaguars sucked
6. Lions - W, close defensive battle, Lions sucked
7. Carolina - W, Bears played badly most of the game, got what they needed at the end to squeak out a win. Carolina was an average team.
8. Tennesee - W, Tennesee sucked
9. *Texans - L, Cutler got hurt. Close defensive battle
10. *49ers - L, Kapernick's coming out party. Cutler didn't play. Defense looked like how it did in 2013 and this year that game
11. Vikings - W, Viking's sucked
12. *Seahawks - L, A game the Bears left many points on the board. Seahawks wore down the Bears D and took the game at the end
13. Vikings - L, Cutler imploded early
14. *Packers - L, Still can't beat Aaron Rodgers
15. Cardinals - W, Cardinals sucked
16. Lions - W, squeaked out a victory, needed Packers to win to make the playoffs, they didn't.

Bears played 6 games involving playoff opponents and won one of them against a team that had a QB starting his first game ever.

Last season... they played the Bengals, Saints, Packers, and Eagles as playoff teams. They beat the Bengals in week 1, and whiel they did beat the Packers, its hard to say they still win that game if Aaron Rodgers plays the whole thing. They lost the game they needed to against the Packers. They lost to the Saints and got blown out by the Eagles. But they lost to numerous non playoff teams (Lions 2x, Vikings, Redskins, Rams)

thank you. I'm sick of hearing the 2012 "10-6" season argument.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
do you think tampa bay would be 1-6 if they hadn't started mccown, I think if glennon had started the season they prob would have the same record as us.

Okay and what if Jay doesn't throw that INT against Buffalo? What if Matt Forte doesn't fumble? What if we score that TD before halftime against the Packers?

What if..

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay and what if Jay doesn't throw that INT against Buffalo? What if Matt Forte doesn't fumble? What if we score that TD before halftime against the Packers?

What if..

What if Cutler comes out against the Packers in week 9 and throws for 562 yards and 7 TDs (to beat Roethlisberger this past week)? What ifs are always fun.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

images

GMAFB ya meatball.

Reactions: 1ke

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
thank you. I'm sick of hearing the 2012 "10-6" season argument.

That 2012 team was hamstrung by terrible QB play, that ten wins was a testament to good D and special teams. They got smoked one time and by the NFC Champs who where a whisker from Super Bowl champs. If you watched the game, you saw Kap play like a freaking alien. That TD to Vernon Davis... Oh, and there is no shame in losing to Russ Wilson when you held him to 17 after 60 minutes.

The Trestman Bears have set new lows. 55-11 to Philly and the 38-0 Halftime in New England. He has failed to get them closer to the goal plain and simple.

ETA: 10-6 happened and we all enjoyed it back when the Bears were the ones putting 50 on bums. Now they are the bums.