Mully: Trestman has been a failure

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That 2012 team was hamstrung by terrible QB play, that ten wins was a testament to good D and special teams. They got smoked one time and by the NFC Champs who where a whisker from Super Bowl champs. If you watched the game, you saw Kap play like a freaking alien. That TD to Vernon Davis... Oh, and there is no shame in losing to Russ Wilson when you held him to 17 after 60 minutes.

The Trestman Bears have set new lows. 55-11 to Philly and the 38-0 Halftime in New England. He has failed to get them closer to the goal plain and simple.

That Seattle loss your talking about was brutal. Wilson marched down the full length of the field TWICE to end the game. BS on there being no shame.

Nick80

In a season and a half of fooseball? The fucking nerve of the nerdypeado, what the fuck!

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Seattle loss your talking about was brutal. Wilson marched down the full length of the field TWICE to end the game. BS on there being no shame.

Major Wright had the clincher in his hand and pulled an Asante Samuel.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is a disappointment for 2 reasons

1. The talent level that we have.

2. What the other coaches have done that were hired.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
It is a disappointment for 2 reasons

1. The talent level that we have.

2. What the other coaches have done that were hired.

There's point for me in saying "I can't believe we didn't hire this guy look at how good he would have done!!!" because there's no way of being sure the same successes would have been enjoyed here considering the gaping holes throughout the roster.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There's point for me in saying "I can't believe we didn't hire this guy look at how good he would have done!!!" because there's no way of being sure the same successes would have been enjoyed here considering the gaping holes throughout the roster.

No way to be sure, but it still looks bad.

There will be a point soon when we get to the "there is no way it could be worse discussion."

I feel like Trestman is destined to be the guy drafted before Michael Jordan at the rate Arians is going.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
So the question lingers.....Does Emery have the balls to fire trestman if the season implodes to a nuclear level?

Will he go after Harbaugh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
When you break it down:

Cutlers win percentage under Trestman is 42% (8-11)

Under Martz, with Cutler at the helm, we won 68% (17-8)

Under Tice, Cutler was 67% (10-5)

(source: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00/gamelog//)

Cutlers footwork has not progressed. His dumb throws continue. And recently... he has picked up a rookie habit of staring down his receivers. About the only thing he has actually improved on in my mind is his willingness to throw to Forte. Which, for the most part, explains his increased completion percentage.

The QB whisperer might need to quit whispering and start shouting soon...

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The D might be better if Arians was allowed to bring his DC(though there was no reason to assume Bowles was going to be anything special considering his Eagles D was terrible), but the O would still be struggling just as much, if not more, unless Arians brought Palmer along with him, and in the end everyone would likely be bitching that we should have gone with some other guy regardless of who was hired.

Trestman's coaching may prove to leave something to be desired but at this point he has been saddled with a terrible DC and a QB that simply cannot run his O effectively. It's hard to win under those conditions. Like I've said before, if they decided to blow the whole thing up after this year I wouldn't mind, but I also kind of want to see what he does with a make it or break it third year.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Trestman's coaching may prove to leave something to be desired but at this point he has been saddled with a terrible DC and a QB that simply cannot run his O effectively. It's hard to win under those conditions. Like I've said before, if they decided to blow the whole thing up after this year I wouldn't mind, but I also kind of want to see what he does with a make it or break it third year.

Well said.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My whole problem with this, with Mully, is that whole season in 2012, he would bang on about how Lovie only made the playoffs 3 times. Killed him for that.

So what happened? The team collapsed, and missed the playoffs. As soon as he did, Mully continued on about the playoff record.

Phil cans Lovie, then Mully goes off and has not stopped ragging on Phil for firing a coach who went 10-6, and has continued to compare Trestman to Lovie and his 10-6 team.

More shit from two idiots. Never liked revisionist history, and that's what this is.

Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
HC is so overrated it's about the staff. You must hire a HC who can bring in a powerful staff that is the difference. Trestman had only one contact in the NFL and it is no coincidence that is how we got the best member of his staff (Kromer). No one coach can do it all for any team period. This is why I wanted Arians (he knew who he wanted to hire, they were impressive people who were committed to him).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
HC is so overrated it's about the staff. You must hire a HC who can bring in a powerful staff that is the difference. Trestman had only one contact in the NFL and it is no coincidence that is how we got the best member of his staff (Kromer). No one coach can do it all for any team period. This is why I wanted Arians (he knew who he wanted to hire, they were impressive people who were committed to him).

This staff is pretty pathetic.

That is why 2015 will be big. Who can Trestman bring in to replace Tucker.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This staff is pretty pathetic.

That is why 2015 will be big. Who can Trestman bring in to replace Tucker.

Who knows. I can't help but think of when a more established Lovie Smith who was going into a hotseat year had to settle on Martz because no highly regarded coordinator wanted to go into a potential one and done position. Sure looks like that could be the case here as well, my only hope is maybe it is different for a defensive guy as you really can turn a defense around in one year, where as offenses typically take 2-3 years to fully install a scheme.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Trestman will easily be able to get a quality dc. How good and quality of one will all depend on his ego.

I wonder if it will be a trestman or emery hire. I don't even know who I would even be more comfortable with making that decision my opinion of both is pretty low

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
To be honest with you, I don't find having a candidate do a mock press conference that out of line. People have to do presentations as part of an interview process all the time.

A large portion of a coach's job is centered around dealing with the media. If one really wants the job, why would a mock press conference be deal breaker?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
When you break it down:

Cutlers win percentage under Trestman is 42% (8-11)

Under Martz, with Cutler at the helm, we won 68% (17-8)

Under Tice, Cutler was 67% (10-5)

(source: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CutlJa00/gamelog//)

Cutlers footwork has not progressed. His dumb throws continue. And recently... he has picked up a rookie habit of staring down his receivers. About the only thing he has actually improved on in my mind is his willingness to throw to Forte. Which, for the most part, explains his increased completion percentage.

The QB whisperer might need to quit whispering and start shouting soon...

Hard to compare. Under Martz and Tice, the Bears had defenses and ST that would keep them in games. The Bears averaged 28 points a game last year and STILL only won 8 games.

While I'm not a Jay apologist, that's not a fair metric as the defense has a lot, if not more, to do with that record.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really. 2 seasons is more than enough for a team to go from not making the playoffs to making them. We see it all the time. The Bears weren't Jacksonville going through major rebuild after rebuild. They are in their window NOW and it will be two straight years of underachieving for this team. He has been a complete failure. There really isn't any other way to put it.

what fuckin window are u talking about? our defense is shit and the best we got is young talent that will take time to develop our special teams could possibly all have a smattering of downs syndrome and the offense cant fuckin score because their too busy shooting theirselves in the dick...fact is this team is being rebuilt. not a total rebuild more like a rebuild on the fly