if trestman blows the rest of the season is he gone?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
1. Hire new GM.
2. Fire HC that was not this GM's HC. GM hires "his guy".
3. Where we are now.
4. If things go bad, fire some assistants. HC on hot seat.
5. More bad, fire HC and all his guys. GM get's another chance to hire HC. GM on hot seat.
6. Continued suckage. House cleaning from the GM down.

Barring a complete implosion Trestman gets at least one more season. Phil gets one more HC, but is on a short leash at that point.

Angelo never got a second HC because of terrible drafts, I'm not seeing that so far with Phil, if anything he's improving.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
The McCaskeys don't like alpha personality coaches, hence probably why they ultimately passed on Arians. So I'd say there's next to no chance they get harbaugh, unless his bona fides are just too legitimate to ignore, even for them.

And if the reports of Harbaugh butting heads with his GM are true, then that's another reason there's no chance Emery will hire him. I think the only way he gets hired is if Emery gets the boot, too (which won't happen).

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
And if the reports of Harbaugh butting heads with his GM are true, then that's another reason there's no chance Emery will hire him. I think the only way he gets hired is if Emery gets the boot, too (which won't happen).

Instead we're left with the 2 biggest nerds in NFL history as GM and HC.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:

images

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I don't care if they are Siegried and Roy if they bring us a winning team.

This is Trestman's second year. You don't generally can a second year HC unless he is grossly incompetent for the job or there is some kind of scandal that requires a change of leadership. I haven't seen either at this point. I have seen him do some things that make me shake my head but I wouldn't call him grossly incompetent. Likewise there hasn't been any management shaking scandals so that won't get him canned either.

If they manage to end up 6-10 (a realistic number IMHO) then he will get another pass but the team will have to improve next year. The DC is going to be gone this year. Tucker has shown, in back to back years, that his scheme is not working. We have looked worse by the week. If you want to speculate on anything it will be on who replaces Tucker.

Waco Kid

Liked Posts:
If the Bears completely collapse, which is now a strong possibility, Trestman should be fired. However, it is more likely that Tucker and DeCamillis will be sacrificed and Trestman would get one more year.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Trestman lacks the ability to properly prepare his team and implement schemes. Our roster has talented players but we are unable to execute because our coaching staff is inadequate. Emery needs to make a change at the end of the season or he won't see the end of his contract either.

We have a lot of clowns in the organization (Trestman, Ted Phillips, Jay Cutler, etc) but I'm not ready to write off Phil Emery yet. If he sticks with Trestman and we continue to suck - Phil will have to go as well.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman lacks the ability to properly prepare his team and implement schemes. Our roster has talented players but we are unable to execute because our coaching staff is inadequate. Emery needs to make a change at the end of the season or he won't see the end of his contract either.

We have a lot of clowns in the organization (Trestman, Ted Phillips, Jay Cutler, etc) but I'm not ready to write off Phil Emery yet. If he sticks with Trestman and we continue to suck - Phil will have to go as well.

images

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trestman will probably get one more year. Which means that after Tucker and DeCamillas are let go, NO ONE will want to come be the DC and ST coordinators.

In other words, fire the whole coaching staff or be fucked. 2 years with this team after inheriting them at 10-6 is enough to figure out if Trestman is the real deal or not. Right now, I don't think he is. And I never liked his coaching hires from the beginning.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would bet he gets one more year. That said, if he has lost the locker room (which I doubt he has but there is that rumor) or if they only win 4-5 games, he might very well get fired.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I don't care if they are Siegried and Roy if they bring us a winning team.

This is Trestman's second year. You don't generally can a second year HC unless he is grossly incompetent for the job or there is some kind of scandal that requires a change of leadership. I haven't seen either at this point. I have seen him do some things that make me shake my head but I wouldn't call him grossly incompetent. Likewise there hasn't been any management shaking scandals so that won't get him canned either.

If they manage to end up 6-10 (a realistic number IMHO) then he will get another pass but the team will have to improve next year. The DC is going to be gone this year. Tucker has shown, in back to back years, that his scheme is not working. We have looked worse by the week. If you want to speculate on anything it will be on who replaces Tucker.

cubs fan mentality you people need to tattoo your slogan "ah shucks maybe next year"

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
cubs fan mentality you people need to tattoo your slogan "ah shucks maybe next year"

Golly gee you're right.

Maybe we should write an open letter or circulate a petition.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
hey BEARZOMBIE, what is your obsession with Cubs fans in the Bears forum? nobody cares except for you and your pleb crew.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
hey BEARZOMBIE, what is your obsession with Cubs fans in the Bears forum? nobody cares except for you and your pleb crew.

Cause it's not a coincidence when you see the dumb ass shit posted here that coincides with cubs fan mentality. Ah shucks there is always next year. I love myyyyyyy looooooooosers. That is your typical cubs fan and I will call out that attitude with the bears. I give a rats ass for the cubs so why go into cubs forum?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Cause it's not a coincidence when you see the dumb ass shit posted here that coincides with cubs fan mentality. Ah shucks there is always next year. I love myyyyyyy looooooooosers. That is your typical cubs fan and I will call out that attitude with the bears. I give a rats ass for the cubs so why go into cubs forum?

well, i think that's pretty fucking dumb. "cubs mentality" lolololololo gtfo with that shit.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Come on man you guys dubbed your team the lovable losers anyone that accepts such a mantra has to be called out. It's no wonder every excuse for the team is taken and losing is so acceptable.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
U don't jump ship that quick. Trestman deserve another year.