if trestman blows the rest of the season is he gone?

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
do the bears have the balls to let him go? would they ever really eat the rest of his contract? I really think harbaugh could fire up this team

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
do the bears have the balls to let him go? would they ever really eat the rest of his contract? I really think harbaugh could fire up this team

i would not bet on it. i guess though we can hope that maybe one of the mckaskey's loves harbaugh so much that he or she would force emery's hand, but i think that's probably a pipe dream.

i think the bears would have to go 5-11 or worse, and there would also have to be a total loss of the locker room and the team and a continued offensive struggle. i think tucker and decamillis being scapegoated is the more likely scenario.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i would not bet on it. i guess though we can hope that maybe one of the mckaskey's loves harbaugh so much that he or she would force emery's hand, but i think that's probably a pipe dream.

i think the bears would have to go 5-11 or worse, and there would also have to be a total loss of the locker room and the team and a continued offensive struggle. i think tucker and decamillis being scapegoated is the more likely scenario.

Is it scapegoating if they are horrible at their job? IDK. I would be more worried about getting stuck with leftover DC and ST coach if Trestman is on the hot seat. Would be like the Tice hire kind of.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Trestman would be gone if this team collpases, absolutely.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
McCaskey getting Hargaugh? no way. his personality doesnt fit the franchise which is happy with 8-8 and not taking risks

cobra302

Liked Posts:

I think the team will go 5-11 at best, with only remaining wins coming against Tampa Bay & a split with the Vikings. But I don't think even 5-11 will be enough to get Trestman fired at the end of this season. When he equally stinks up the 2015 season, then maybe he'll be on the hot seat. Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Trestman--and losing--for a couple more seasons. No way we get Harbaugh. Some other team will snap him up & the Bears will get another "project" for a head coach when the time comes. By then, Emery may be headed out the door with Trestman.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think Trestman has one card left to play.

The-make staff changes to save my own ass-card.

He probably gets one more season.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
I think the team will go 5-11 at best, with only remaining wins coming against Tampa Bay & a split with the Vikings. But I don't think even 5-11 will be enough to get Trestman fired at the end of this season. When he equally stinks up the 2015 season, then maybe he'll be on the hot seat. Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Trestman--and losing--for a couple more seasons. No way we get Harbaugh. Some other team will snap him up & the Bears will get another "project" for a head coach when the time comes. By then, Emery may be headed out the door with Trestman.

god I hope not, I cant handle another bullshit coach. we need a proven, take no shit coach. if that really happens cutler and marshalls cpontract will be up. we will have a new head coach, new qb , and no receivers.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Is it scapegoating if they are horrible at their job? IDK. I would be more worried about getting stuck with leftover DC and ST coach if Trestman is on the hot seat. Would be like the Tice hire kind of.

well from the standpoint of them not being the root of the problem, but either way.

and you make a great point, as the bears will once again be in the situation of having a coach who is likely on his way out and no coordinators wanting to come here. it's the same shit over and over and over again with this team. i think the most likely scenario is paul pasqualoni taking over the defense and some first time special teams coach with trestman sticking around.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well from the standpoint of them not being the root of the problem, but either way.

and you make a great point, as the bears will once again be in the situation of having a coach who is likely on his way out and no coordinators wanting to come here. it's the same shit over and over and over again with this team. i think the most likely scenario is paul pasqualoni taking over the defense and some first time special teams coach with trestman sticking around.

Well I think Tucker and Joe D are the problems with the D and ST, but I see your point. I agree about Paul P taking the DC, which may be an upgrade who knows.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
god I hope not, I cant handle another bullshit coach. we need a proven, take no shit coach. if that really happens cutler and marshalls cpontract will be up. we will have a new head coach, new qb , and no receivers.
I'm basing my comments on recent history. Arguably, Lovie Smith was the most successful Bears' coach since Ditka (and I'm no Lovie fan). But look at the bullshit coaches they've had: Wannstedt, Jauron, and even Lovie ended up being unable to get the job done. But Trestman is looking like he could easily be the worst of the modern era if this keeps up. As it is said, the past is sometimes the best predictor of the future. So what is there to tell me that they get this gem of a head coach all of a sudden?

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
If we finish 3-13- he needs to go along with the rest of the coaching staff and rebuild this roster with a proven OC/ DC or another winning ex coach

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why Cutler fanboys hate Trestman so much. It's because of Cutler that he was brought here in the first place...

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why Cutler fanboys hate Trestman so much. It's because of Cutler that he was brought here in the first place...

Because a lot of us wanted Bruce Arians.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McCaskey getting Hargaugh? no way. his personality doesnt fit the franchise which is happy with 8-8 and not taking risks

A couple of things. Do you think that hiring Harbaugh would be more of taking a risk than hiring Trestman? Harbaugh is a proven extremely successfuly NFL head coach. Hiring Trestman was a wild speculative risk. The guy's highest job level was as offensive coordinator twice, and on both occasions was fired after one season. Phil Emery was director of scouting for the Chiefs and we made him GM. In my opinion, his personality is exactly what the Bears organization needs.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A couple of things. Do you think that hiring Harbaugh would be more of taking a risk than hiring Trestman? Harbaugh is a proven extremely successfuly NFL head coach. Hiring Trestman was a wild speculative risk. The guy's highest job level was as offensive coordinator twice, and on both occasions was fired after one season. Phil Emery was director of scouting for the Chiefs and we made him GM. In my opinion, his personality is exactly what the Bears organization needs.

I agree. I really think all of this "Growing the man" works better in Canada where players need to think about their future outside of football and appreciate a coach that is caring about that.

Heck, Briggs grew as a man and has now embarked on the brigginings of a successful restauranteur.

Harbaugh is more of a "Make the man run through a brick wall" type of coach. He's not going to be cool with Rib Joint grand opening skipping practice bullshit or Marshall beginning his broadcasting career. He's gonna make them work at the jobs they're being paid to do.

Time for Trestman to indulge in some self reflection of his own and show these guys that he can grow the psycho, not just look like one...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree. I really think all of this "Growing the man" works better in Canada where players need to think about their future outside of football and appreciate a coach that is caring about that.

Heck, Briggs grew as a man and has now embarked on the brigginings of a successful restauranteur.

Harbaugh is more of a "Make the man run through a brick wall" type of coach. He's not going to be cool with Rib Joint grand opening skipping practice bullshit or Marshall beginning his broadcasting career. He's gonna make them work at the jobs they're being paid to do.

Time for Trestman to indulge in some self reflection of his own and show these guys that he can grow the psycho, not just look like one...

Perfection