Hawks @ Senators IGT Oct 30th at 6:30 pm

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's good...I just don't think its a good idea to switch backups. Raanta didn't do anything to lose the job.

He's not the hometown man like Darling is, F00sh :smug:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Meh.....

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oduya straight-up took a dump there..... fackkkkkkkk

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Awww yes, power play time.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ottawa has botched several wide open shots tonight, very lucky in that regard.

jcrab66

Liked Posts:
Sweet, another game being decided by a dumbass shoot out

Sent from the media deck using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Two things....what happened on the Kane shoot out? The whole bowling alley went nuts when he scored...at least it looked like he scored on the smallish screens we were watching. Apparently, he didn't...what happened?

Also the playing time be given this early to a rookie goalie just might be using an injury to an advantage. Get a good look at him now while you can in the possibility of getting cap relief at the goalie position. Probably not this year but maybe next depending on how things play out.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Two things....what happened on the Kane shoot out? The whole bowling alley went nuts when he scored...at least it looked like he scored on the smallish screens we were watching. Apparently, he didn't...what happened?

Also the playing time be given this early to a rookie goalie just might be using an injury to an advantage. Get a good look at him now while you can in the possibility of getting cap relief at the goalie position. Probably not this year but maybe next depending on how things play out.

He hit the crossbar and it bounced out...

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

So you're assuming the Hawks would consider trading Crawford, and that another team in the NHL would actually WANT him at that cap hit? With the Canadian dollar continuing to drop? Yeah, I don't think so. Said it then, and it's true now. Shouldn't have given him anywhere near that amount of money.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So you're assuming the Hawks would consider trading Crawford, and that another team in the NHL would actually WANT him at that cap hit? With the Canadian dollar continuing to drop? Yeah, I don't think so. Said it then, and it's true now. Shouldn't have given him anywhere near that amount of money.

I don't think he's advocating that in the near future, given that neither Raanta nor Darling are NHL-ready. But if one of the two improves enough, Crawford would absolutely become trade bait. And I think there'd be a market for him.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I don't see the market given the fact that the cap isn't going to go up much, if at all. But hell, anything is possible. I mean, Brian Campbell was traded....

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Always a market for NHL goalies with a resume like Crawford's....a Cup and a couple deep playoff runs.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Impressed with how well Darling played, gives the organization some flexibility at the goalie spot. We have two guys that can come in, and be serviceable in the event Crow is down or out for some time.