Get Over Arians Already

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears are in defcon 2. They have been losers for 20+ years now on the level of the browns and jags. Wake the fuck up. There is no reason to be optimistic as a fan of this shitty and embarrassing organization.

burp

barney_burp.gif

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus H Chriminy. I've seen so many posts/threads lamenting the fact that we could have/should have/ don't have Ariens that it's pretty much making me sick. Let it go! We have a head coach who was, by many accounts, the vastly superior candidate. Whether that's true or not, give the peckerhead a chance to prove himself. I have at least a 21% leverl of faith that Trestman will be able to engage the troops, wether the storm, and at least become a .500 team by seasons end. Bear Down!

With the exception of Emery, I know of nobody that thought that.

Liked Posts:
Jesus H Chriminy. I've seen so many posts/threads lamenting the fact that we could have/should have/ don't have Ariens that it's pretty much making me sick. Let it go! We have a head coach who was, by many accounts, the vastly superior candidate. Whether that's true or not, give the peckerhead a chance to prove himself. I have at least a 21% leverl of faith that Trestman will be able to engage the troops, wether the storm, and at least become a .500 team by seasons end. Bear Down!
Dude, you have the bar set really low don't you? We have no choice but to get over the Arians debacle(IMO). He was the much better choice IMO, Trestman is compliant, that is what Halas Hall wants. Arians demanded that the organization acts like other top tier front offices, I think the interview process and the demands on staffing here was just a bit weird and not top tier.
New McCaskey same as the old McCaskey...proud Meathead here! George,Teddy,Emery...you suck at building winning football teams!

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
You know, stuff like this happens on large and smaller scales all the time. Sometimes it swings the other way though, like when we took Alshon over Stephen Hill. It's a bummer we missed out on what seems like a great coach at the moment, but it's better not to dwell on the what-ifs because it will eventually make you go crazy. It is what it is, and the Bears have changes they need to make.

What DOES bug me, though, is that our front office basically weirded out Bruce Arians by making him do a fake press conference and telling him that he needs to keep Rod Marinelli as DC, which wasn't gonna happen either way. Kind of reminds me of when Phil Emery was told he needs to keep Lovie Smith before being hired.

What's up with our front office being weird?

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Can someone photoshop Arians with Bears gear on? What could of been.....

I think it would appease everyone here

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have at least a 21% leverl of faith that Trestman will be able to engage the troops, wether the storm, and at least become a .500 team by seasons end.

Wow, you think he can reach that lofty goal two years straight?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
From a chat with Michael C. Wright when he was asked about how successful Arians would have been here:

@mikecwright: What’s that cliché about hindsight? It’s so easy to look at Bruce Arians' 6-1 record in Arizona and dream about what could have been. But I’m a firm believer of another cliché: It’s about the Jimmys and Joes, not Xs and Os. That’s not to say Arians isn’t a better coach than Marc Trestman. I really don’t know. But what I do know is it would be overly simplistic to try and compare what Arians and Trestman have done over their respective tenures because there are too many other dynamics at play. Obviously, the personnel in Arizona and Chicago are different and roster turnover rates at the respective franchises aren’t the same either. Also, you’ve got to remember that Arizona had been horrible for quite a while, meaning the Cardinals probably have more high picks than the Bears. That’s not even getting into the differences in the coaching staffs top to bottom. In my estimation, something as seemingly insignificant as a strength and conditioning staff could truly be a difference maker between what might be going on with one ballclub compared to the next. So while it would be easy for me to say the Bears would be better off with Arians, you could truly be able to say that only if he were placed in the exact same situation as Trestman and flourished.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to agree with Hub.

It's all coming back to Ted Phillips. Why the fuck is that guy President of the franchise and he NEVER played football before. Hub makes a damn good point about that. He never was even around the sport.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
They're 16-7 with Arians. We're 11-13 with Trestman. After a 3-0 start, we're 8-13. Arizona got the right guy.
Wow.

After that 3-0 start..

8-13.

SMH. Trestman sucks.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

It's all coming back to Ted Phillips. Why the fuck is that guy President of the franchise and he NEVER played football before. Hub makes a damn good point about that. He never was even around the sport.

Did he at least watch from the stands growing up? Was he in pep band?

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

How many successful CEO's of fortune 500 companies do you think worked in business when they were growing up? This notion is stupid and a staple of the "Meatball Mantra".

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
They're 16-7 with Arians. We're 11-13 with Trestman. After a 3-0 start, we're 8-13. Arizona got the right guy.

One, what's the point of saying "after starting 3-0"? Like those games don't matter or what?

Two, Arizona did hire the right guy....for their situation.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One, what's the point of saying "after starting 3-0"? Like those games don't matter or what?

Because as bad as the 11-13 record is, it's worth noting that it's been steadily getting worse and that even the small success they had mostly came at the beginning. They're mediocre and on the decline.

It's not a case of "Well they may not be killing it yet, but they're steadily getting better". No, they aren't.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
How many successful CEO's of fortune 500 companies do you think worked in business when they were growing up? This notion is stupid and a staple of the "Meatball Mantra".
Your right. You're absolutely right. I'm assuming your opinion and background in professional sports is more than another "hack" writer like Hub, correct?

Ted Phillips is the team President and he has no football background at all. He is a very good accountant and was the team's finance guy when Virginia McCaskey replaced her oldest son Michael with him. Actually, Michael was elevated to Chairman of the Board and Philips became President but the net effect was to move the family out of the day-to-day operations of the team. To Phillips' credit, his first major move was to change Michael's policy of not having a GM; he instead had the head coach and personnel director report directly to him. Phillips hired a GM, theoretically a "football person," Jerry Angelo. After it became obvious Angelo wasn't the guy, perhaps the McCaskeys should have taken all football responsibility away from Phillips and just let him continue to squeeze nickels and count the profits, and brought in a strong, veteran, accomplished football person, such as a Bill Parcells, Mike Holmgren, Bill Polian etc. Instead they allowed Phillips to hire another GM, Phil Emery. Angelo and Emery were and are football people. The two questions are: 1. Are/were they the right football people; and 2. Should they be reporting to a football person? --Hub Arkush.

Dumbshit

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Because as bad as the 11-13 record is, it's worth noting that it's been steadily getting worse and that even the small success they had mostly came at the beginning. They're mediocre and on the decline.

It's not a case of "Well they may not be killing it yet, but they're steadily getting better". No, they aren't.

Yep.

I guess AHS missed the big point you made earlier.. Bears are 8-13 since that fast 3-0 start last season.
They surely are regressing