D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know this one was well in hand... But even when it was close, Thibs worked the bench.

McBuckets with 24 minutes. Thibs is known to make his players earn their minutes. To see Dougie getting such minutes in the opener...well, I think he is going to be starting sooner rather than later, and is farther along than anyone (not named JosMin) thought. Dunleavy is a great player off the bench, so I am liking how things are coming along.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Butler is out and he played garbage mins so i don't know if that number is a true reflection of how much he will play

i can def see him playing more than any rookie in the thibs era tho

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Butler is out and he played garbage mins so i don't know if that number is a true reflection of how much he will play

Asik was playing a lot of minutes his rookie year by the end of the season/playoffs.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
McDermott will average at least 20 minutes per game, even when Jimmy gets back. His shooting is something this team needs. It's the Korver effect.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One thing negative from the game is the lack of starting players being able to hit from the arc. Dunleavy, Rose, and Hinrich were bad from out there,especially in the first half.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One thing negative from the game is the lack of starting players being able to hit from the arc. Dunleavy, Rose, and Hinrich were bad from out there,especially in the first half.
They were unusually bad, but I doubt they'll continue to be that bad. Dunleavy is a guy who will shoot 40% from 3 on average. Rose is bound to start making some 3s. Hinrich did finish the game 3-7 from 3 I believe. What I think is a good sign is that they put up 24 3s. That's a huge difference from the past few years and gives them a dimension that has been lacking over that period.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hinrich was so wide open so many times and missed so many. Dunleavy was rather useless on offense. Missed his three's and missed an easy layup on what would have been a great assist from Rose.

Rose looked just bad shooting the three.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hinrich's gonna Hinrich...we all know he'll look like he's missing every shot in the world, but somehow at the end of it all he'll have a decent 3pt percentage. Idk what magic he does, but he tends to start slow and kicks it into overdrive after the All Star break. Dunleavy just missed...that's an aberration. Rose needs to get more arc into his shot. His 3s are super flat and he's gonna be shooting 20% from 3 until he gets more arc, sort of like he was getting a few years ago.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hinrich's gonna Hinrich...we all know he'll look like he's missing every shot in the world, but somehow at the end of it all he'll have a decent 3pt percentage. Idk what magic he does, but he tends to start slow and kicks it into overdrive after the All Star break. Dunleavy just missed...that's an aberration. Rose needs to get more arc into his shot. His 3s are super flat and he's gonna be shooting 20% from 3 until he gets more arc, sort of like he was getting a few years ago.
I'm okay with that. I'd rather have guys playing at their peak towards the playoffs and into the playoffs rather than now (See Indiana Pacers last year).

Rose use to have arc on his shot...I don't know what happened other than injuries. Its not like he has had 2.5 years to practice shooting. I don't get it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm okay with that. I'd rather have guys playing at their peak towards the playoffs and into the playoffs rather than now (See Indiana Pacers last year).

Rose use to have arc on his shot...I don't know what happened other than injuries. Its not like he has had 2.5 years to practice shooting. I don't get it.
I have my theories, but my best guess is that whoever his shooting coach is messed him up. There's something about his mechanics this year that seem a lot more rigid than in 2012. Whenever Rose makes a 3, his shot looks more like that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing of note!!! is

1) Melo took exactly 20 minutes to regret his "decision" and realize what a fucking moron he is!!! hahahahahaahahllo lol

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The only thing of note!!! is

1) Melo took exactly 20 minutes to regret his "decision" and realize what a fucking moron he is!!! hahahahahaahahllo lol

he dont care...he has 120m in the bank

he knew it was the wrong decision from a winning stand point from the beginning...but $$$ talks

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair....but you don't understand spoiled people. They want there cake and eat it too, he will sour quickly and be a cancer.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Rose, Hinrich and Dunleavy can't make threes. SEASONS OVER :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit: :kermit:

Some people restart the season on a game by game basis. The Knicks couldn't figure out how many sides there are in a triangle, hat won't cure ever.

The starters didn't shoot the ball well from 3, it's one game and that happens all year long, they won handily without them doing it. Dunleavy didn't score but did people completely miss that he was on Anthony and he didn't do much of anything? The Knicks have no bench so seeing McDermott score against them wasn't a good gauge.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Garbage minutes? He came in when the Bulls were still down. And his defensive effort...already a better defender than Korver ever was for us. He stayed with his man (J.R.) and forced JR into acrobatic jump shots, while contesting. Still has some work to do, but WAAAY better than he should be.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Garbage minutes? He came in when the Bulls were still down. And his defensive effort...already a better defender than Korver ever was for us. He stayed with his man (J.R.) and forced JR into acrobatic jump shots, while contesting. Still has some work to do, but WAAAY better than he should be.

Uh, JR would take acrobatic shots no matter who was guarding him. No one could be guarding him and he would be taking acrobatic shot. That said, I do think McDermott will be better than Korver.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

what im saying is the garbage minutes he played inflated his overall minutes

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was efficient in his minutes. +16. He will continue to get playing time. I have no doubt

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Uh, JR would take acrobatic shots no matter who was guarding him. No one could be guarding him and he would be taking acrobatic shot. That said, I do think McDermott will be better than Korver.

That is a very very tall order, considering that Korver is the best three point shooter of all time.