is butler going to get an extension?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Welp...guess they tried to get him on that hometown discount. Can't say I'm surprised that Butler's holding out for more money. His agent probably told him that some other team will give him a huge deal, but he can still stay here if we match it. The best of both worlds idea.
Yes, agents often drive up the price, which is understandable because otherwise players would get taken advantage of.

Taj Gibson signed his deal about the time of the deadline..so there is still hope they have a deal done tonight. If I recall Taj signed his right after the game they played that night.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is our chance, before the Clippers figure out what they are missing, and Lebron gets a handle on his drug problem.

Jimmy in a contract playoffs is only good, but I don't see how we can afford to retain him without losing Gibson or Gasol. Maybe if Hinrich and Dunleavy money off the books. idk...we are cap screwed. Have to keep drafting well, but losing Jimmy would be terrible. Perfect compliment to Rose as we should see this year.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
This is our chance, before the Clippers figure out what they are missing, and Lebron gets a handle on his drug problem.

Jimmy in a contract playoffs is only good, but I don't see how we can afford to retain him without losing Gibson or Gasol. Maybe if Hinrich and Dunleavy money off the books. idk...we are cap screwed. Have to keep drafting well, but losing Jimmy would be terrible. Perfect compliment to Rose as we should see this year.

Perfect compliment would be prime Ray Allen but yeah losing Jimmy for nothing would be terrible

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Hinrich and Dunleavy are off the books after this season so...no problem? We can go over the cap to keep him anyway, so no biggie?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perfect compliment would be prime Ray Allen but yeah losing Jimmy for nothing would be terrible
The perfect compliment would be Kobe if he had the unselfishness of Lebron

Or heck...maybe Lebron is the answer xD

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
The perfect compliment would be Kobe if he had the unselfishness of Lebron

Or heck...maybe Lebron is the answer xD

as a pure complement i would still take Ray over those guys

Bron/Kobe are pretty ball dominate players

Ray doesn't need the ball and is a great shooter...the ideal guard to play with Derrick

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
as a pure complement i would still take Ray over those guys

Bron/Kobe are pretty ball dominate players

Ray doesn't need the ball and is a great shooter...the ideal guard to play with Derrick
Well I was sort of getting at Kobe's ability to also be an elite defender (as he was in his prime...and even just a couple years ago when he wanted to be), in addition to the 3pt shooting and the shot creation abilities.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Woj posted a article about Jimmy rejecting the Bulls final offer

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-...o-enter-restricted-free-agency-205721009.html

his agent made some harsh remarks yikes

“We tried like heck to get something done, but ultimately, the Bulls wanted a ‘hometown’ discount. While understandable, I doubt their GM or coaches give Mr. Reinsdorf a discount when negotiating their own deals.”

it looks like they are up to the same old tricks with their hardline tactics when it comes to negotiations...hopefully the blame will be placed where it should be and not on the player this time

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Hopefully fans will wait to see the numbers before pointing fingers.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He restricted so bulls have rights to match...
But.. jimmy a good player but i feel he replaceable

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
He restricted so bulls have rights to match...
But.. jimmy a good player but i feel he replaceable

they will let him walk

Kirk will be our starting 2 next year

chibears55

Liked Posts:
they will let him walk

Kirk will be our starting 2 next year
Kirk an old dog and on player option next yr. Which im sure he will pick up and be back but i doubt he will start. .

If butler don't return, that at least 3 mil saved off cap and put them at 58 mil going into off season which would give them plenty to go after a solid 2 for next season. ..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@KCJHoop: Gap between Bulls, Butler has moved from $4M annually to $2.5M and now is at $2M.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
@KCJHoop: Gap between Bulls, Butler has moved from $4M annually to $2.5M and now is at $2M.

and he just posted that

that contradicts the woj piece

im gonna take a guess and say Jimmy is at 12 and Bulls are currently at 10....settle on 11

chibears55

Liked Posts:
and he just posted that

that contradicts the woj piece

im gonna take a guess and say Jimmy is at 12 and Bulls are currently at 10...settle on 11
12 minus 10 is a 2 mil gap. .

They have til 11 tonight to agree...

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
fuck it just give him the 12m

hes gonna get that in restricted FA anyway...why be stupid and risk him having a huge year and a team offering max?

im getting physically sick at even the slight possibly Hinrich will be our starting 2 next year

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind that the new TV deal is going to increase the salary cap substantially. I still want to see Butler be more consistent offensively before giving him 12 million. In the end, I'd rather pay him more with the evidence that he did improve offensively. I say no deal for now.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind that the new TV deal is going to increase the salary cap substantially. I still want to see Butler be more consistent offensively before giving him 12 million. In the end, I'd rather pay him more with the evidence that he did improve offensively. I say no deal for now.

say no deal now and he gets offered 15 in the offseason

unless Jimmy absolutely sucks this year 11-12 is likely the minimum he'll get offered based on other contracts being given out...so you might aswell lock it up now if you plan to keep him

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@KCJHoop: If Butler gets to restricted free agency, Bulls confident they will match.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
@KCJHoop: If Butler gets to restricted free agency, Bulls confident they will match.

@BullsbytheHorns: Didn't they say the same about Omer? RT @KCJHoop: If Butler gets to restricted free agency, Bulls confident they will match.