Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Butler said he was optimistic.

Then reports died down and it was all speculation from there. We'll find out in a day.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have my doubts. I figure he'll go in as a restricted free agent. We can probably get him cheaper now. If Rose stays healthy this year, I expect Butler to be boat loads better thus raising his value.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope we can keep him. If he hits restriction we are in very bad shape to retain any type of poison pill and he is likely to go the route of Asik or Parsons.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Guys that don't get max but end up getting reupped are done in the final hour so they can try to squeeze the last penny out of them. If butler is meant to be it will be done by deadline. Otherwise kiss him good bye with our cap we won't get into bidding wars for him nor do I want them to

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Guys that don't get max but end up getting reupped are done in the final hour so they can try to squeeze the last penny out of them. If butler is meant to be it will be done by deadline. Otherwise kiss him good bye with our cap we won't get into bidding wars for him nor do I want them to

Jerry has said he will go into the luxury tax to keep a contending roster together. I think this roster is the best shot the Bulls have had since the Jordan days. The 2010 team was certainly good, but they had no offensive options outside of Rose and post presence was severely lacking.

I really don't see any incentive for Butler to sign an extension at this point. If he has the season he thinks he will, he should wait it out and increase his value. Even if he has a decent season, he is still going to get a substantial raise.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Idk, but I'd rather him become a RFA so we can let the market decide what he's worth. And if it's too much, say goodbye. Butler's a nice piece, but I wouldn't want the Bulls to keep him if he's demanding too much.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Jerry has said he will go into the luxury tax to keep a contending roster together. I think this roster is the best shot the Bulls have had since the Jordan days. The 2010 team was certainly good, but they had no offensive options outside of Rose and post presence was severely lacking.

I really don't see any incentive for Butler to sign an extension at this point. If he has the season he thinks he will, he should wait it out and increase his value. Even if he has a decent season, he is still going to get a substantial raise.

It's the risk though of getting injured to the reward of an extra what 5 to 10 mil? Most likely teams like Minnesota not somewhere you would want to be like Chicago? All guessing here of course. But to me I take that guarantee contract and get to stay in a system like thibs.

I do believe jerry would go into the luxury tax if it makes sense. People call him cheap but I've seen the guy spend big with the white sox when they were good or projected good. And he did eat boozer contract to take on gasol. The only fault I give jerry is loyalty. Sometimes that bites him in the ass like having Paxson still around or Ventura on sox

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
If you look at the window that this team has to win a Championship and those available next year (Thompson, Afflalo, and even Rondo), I don't see it happening. I have been one of Butler's biggest supporters and still think he can be an all-star if he was a more aggressive scorer but looking to the future, I think we are going to make a push for Davis and completely overhaul the roster. Rose and McDermot I think will be the only ones to be left from this roster in two years.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that it is going to be a tough decision for them. In my estimation, both Mcdermott and Mirotic are going to be stars in this league. So they need to plan for that. Gibson has to be virtually an untouchable for the next 3-4 years and Noah is their MVP right now. Then there is Derrick. That is going to be some significant bucks down the road and to me, Butler is still pretty much an unknown. For that reason, I do not see them investing in him this year. Not yet, anyway.

Liked Posts:
If you look at the window that this team has to win a Championship and those available next year (Thompson, Afflalo, and even Rondo), I don't see it happening. I have been one of Butler's biggest supporters and still think he can be an all-star if he was a more aggressive scorer but looking to the future, I think we are going to make a push for Davis and completely overhaul the roster. Rose and McDermot I think will be the only ones to be left from this roster in two years.

What are you smoking? Anthony Davis isn't even remotely close to being worth the loss of Butler, Mirotic, Noah and Gibson. If anything, I felt like getting Parker this year was the most reasonable thing to do. We needed a SF, Parker is a Chicago native, and we had TWO first round picks, along with some good pieces we could have worked with.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
What are you smoking? Anthony Davis isn't even remotely close to being worth the loss of Butler, Mirotic, Noah and Gibson. If anything, I felt like getting Parker this year was the most reasonable thing to do. We needed a SF, Parker is a Chicago native, and we had TWO first round picks, along with some good pieces we could have worked with.

Please tell me you didn't think about what you wrote before you wrote it because yo may be crazy.

1. I would send all four packing right now if it guaranteed me Davis and I would bet most of this board would too.
2. Um we had no shot at getting Parker in the draft. Maybe after his rookie contract sure.
3. Do you even know where Davis is from cause it sounds like you don't.
4. Butler is a nice player but will likely be overpaid if he becomes unrestricted and hasn't developed a jump shot, we all know this and then he is just another Thabo. Replaceable.
5. Mirotic could be an all-star, or he could be a bust but he will never be in Davis' stratosphere. Replaceable.
6. Noah is 30 and an UF 2016 where he will be 32. He is already starting to break down. Will be be worth re-signing? Will he take a discount?

Finally, if Gibson maintains this level or improves, he will be looking for a big contract before he starts hitting those declining years and he, Davis and Mirotic will be going into contract years at the same time pending Davis not extending with the Pels in 2016.

If you ask every GM today, what player right now would you take not named Lebron to start your franchize, 9/10 would say Davis. So my question to you is what are you smoking? Look at the contracts. Everyone minus McD is 3 years and under. I hate to look past this year but it is clear to me. If I were you I would pay close attention to see where Klay Tompson goes since he seems to be the hottest SG in right now.

I could see the FO trying to put a group of Rose, Tompson, McD, Davis, and throw in any FA or drafted center come 2016/17 then try to go after Parker in 18 pending if he worth it which he should be.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Klay Thompson will easily get a max contract and GS will match and i doubt we'll have enough to get Aaron Afflalo either (unless you expect us to blow the roster up for a 30 y/o Afflalo)

Jodie Meeks got 6m...Afflalo will be able to fetch 10m+

Davis is a pipe dream even if we cleared the books...Pelicans will be able to match any offer and you can bet your ass they will...Davis is the new Kevin Garnett imo...players like him dont grow on trees

anyway i think Bulls/Jimmy will come to an agreement last minute...i thinking something like 4/40m

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

there was nothing we could have traded to get Jabari Parker

2 middling picks and your choice of role player isn't a enticing package for the #2 pick especially in a draft of this quality

i mean look how much we had to give up to get McDermott 16+19+2nd and had to take back a contract they didn't want and that was only for a late lotto

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Klay Thompson will easily get a max contract and GS will match and i doubt we'll have enough to get Aaron Afflalo either (unless you expect us to blow the roster up for a 30 y/o Afflalo)

Jodie Meeks got 6m...Afflalo will be able to fetch 10m+

Davis is a pipe dream even if we cleared the books...Pelicans will be able to match any offer and you can bet your ass they will...Davis is the new Kevin Garnett imo...players like him dont grow on trees

anyway i think Bulls/Jimmy will come to an agreement last minute...i thinking something like 4/40m

Trust me, in no way was I implying that we would be successful. I was just saying that the way everything is set up roster/years I believe we will have a situation like we did when Lebron became a FA the first time and attempt to go after Davis playing on his come home like it seems to be trending with all superstars now.

If we let Butler become a RFA, we may be throwing bait to Thompson to see who will blink first, us or GS. If we land him, may help sweetened the situation for Davis. If it falls through we will probably match any deal for Butler and hope it isn't to painful.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Trust me, in no way was I implying that we would be successful. I was just saying that the way everything is set up roster/years I believe we will have a situation like we did when Lebron became a FA the first time and attempt to go after Davis playing on his come home like it seems to be trending with all superstars now.

If we let Butler become a RFA, we may be throwing bait to Thompson to see who will blink first, us or GS. If we land him, may help sweetened the situation for Davis. If it falls through we will probably match any deal for Butler and hope it isn't to painful.

for us to get Davis he will have to pass on restricted FA and take the qualifying offer and play one more year with his team in order to become a unrestricted FA where hes free game

but all players want to get that first big deal locked up quick...Davis is a player that will easily get max so its not gonna be any dispute over contract and the Pels are actually a pretty nice team so its no reason to leave

him opting to take that QO over a max deal is literally zero...so our chances at him are zero

Davis may be a Bull one day but it wont be in the near future

we dont have the money to offer a max contract to Thompson unless we plan on dumping players and even then we still arent getting Klay...they passed on Kevin Love to keep Klay so they value him allot...they will match

the next FA we might actually have a crack at is Kevin Durant

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Anthony Davis isn't going anywhere until his first max contract is done.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 1h1 hour ago

Bulls are going to have to increase offer if Butler extension gets done by tonight's deadline. Remember: Bulls can match next summer too.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
K.C. Johnson @KCJHoop · 1h1 hour ago

Bulls are going to have to increase offer if Butler extension gets done by tonight's deadline. Remember: Bulls can match next summer too.
Welp...guess they tried to get him on that hometown discount. Can't say I'm surprised that Butler's holding out for more money. His agent probably told him that some other team will give him a huge deal, but he can still stay here if we match it. The best of both worlds idea.