Mirotic 1st Season Progress reports

BullsGoneWild

Liked Posts:
I really can't wait to see where Mirotic is in a year or two. He's only 23 and he still has a lot of room to improve.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right Now I'd say that that Mirotic is likely to become a star for the Bulls. He and Butler could become THE big one two bunch for this team. Let Rose sulk and rest his ass. Build around Mirotic and Butler. Rose cannot be depended upon. Have the guy come off the bench and run with the 2nd team.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Mirotic is already a far cry from where he was at the start of the season. It's amazing how much better he has gotten over a small amount of games. I'd like to see him get some time at SF.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Nikola is turning into a double double machine. 10 points/10 boards seems to be his output the last couple of weeks.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm loving Niko more and more. I seriously think Taj will be gone in a couple of years because of him. He can play ball!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His offensive confidence has emerged, and I think that will keep improving a little while as his game learns itself in a way in translation to NBA. Its good to see how quickly he is progressing down the learning curve.

The other things, like strength in the post, defensive awareness, and expanding his offensive passing game are going to take time, maybe years. But we see the hustle running the court, and we see the effort to rebound.

He is a plus player and a score for the front office.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What I particularly noticed about him is that he goes straight up on rebounds and can tip the ball from guys who have better rebounding position. That is something that he obviously was schooled in early in his pro career. He just might be a fit at SF once Gibson returns.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Best part is, he's still young and raw. I laughed when kemba schooled him, but its kinda cool to know that this isn't his finished product. Hopefully when he peaks he's a menance and just punishes teams on both sides of the ball.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nikola Mirotic's stats per-36 minutes:

14.5 pts.
10 rebs.
2.2 asts. : 1.8 tovs.
1.7 blks.
0.8 stls.

He's efficient.

50% 2pt%
38% 3pt%
83% FT%

Say what you want, but GarPax can draft.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
we came up big time in the 2011 draft

traded 28th for Nikola and drafted Jimmy 30th

you cant ask for a better draft especially when you're picking at the tail end

bravo to paxgar on that one

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Niko is such a good rebounder and shot-blocker and can really play the 4. The only way they could squeeze him into the 3 would be to have him out there with Taj at the 4 (and, preferably, Pau at the 5). That way, Taj can guard most 3's in the league so he and Niko can switch back and forth between defending the perimeter and the lane. On offense, let Taj work inside and keep Niko on the perimeter and high post.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Per the Trib, Miro is the third Bull to shoot 6/6 or better from the three.
Pretty awesome stat for him to have.