Jets @ Blackhawks IGT Nov. 2nd at 8:00

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another issue I have with Q right now? He's wearing down the best players with relatively unimportant games in the first week of November.

Toews, Kane, and Sharp all had over 20 minutes tonight while Richards was at 11 and Morin was at 7. More fucking balance or this team won't last long in the postseason.

That's because he's all pissed face with Bickell, Saad, Morin and Richards. So everyone doubleshifts because Q is pissed off......AGAIN. Out of those four guys, the only one who really looked bad tonight was Saad.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That's because he's all pissed face with Bickell, Saad, Morin and Richards. So everyone doubleshifts because Q is pissed off......AGAIN. Out of those four guys, the only one who really looked bad tonight was Saad.

I'd love to sit here and claim that the Hawks just need to roll four lines and let the results happen, but with Q, that just doesn't seem like it's to happen.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd love to sit here and claim that the Hawks just need to roll four lines and let the results happen, but with Q, that just doesn't seem like it's to happen.

I know he's a good coach, probably a Hall of Fame coach but there are times when he's like a whinny little bitch.

And you are correct, it will not happen.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Quennville's burning out of players early in the season in a league where you only need to just get in and you have a shot to win the Cup and his large doghouse currently occupied by Saad, Morin (who might end up getting traded for nothing like Pirri last year), Richards, and Bickell (who has only had two terrific postseasons in a row) is dumber than Thibs making his players like Deng, Noah, and Butler log huge minutes on the Bulls and only focusing on winning the next game. At least Tom had the excuse of a team that didn't have much depth when Butler was playing an entire game including a double OT. Q is just being an asshole and he has too much control over the roster.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
A few thoughts here...

I wouldn't quite lash out at Q yet. He has been effective throughout his Blackhawks career with switching the lines up and pretty much doing what he is doing. He knows how his players feel before, during, and after a game and I am sure he knows what he is doing.

Morin and Rundblad - Q's hand is forced here. These two would need to be sent through waivers to reach the AHL and my guess is that both would be picked up on the waiver wire. Morin continues to be inconsistent - I love his shoot first attitude...but last night he had a partial 3 on 2 and fired the puck without really looking for a pass that was there on the wing. Rundblad actually had his best game as a Blackhawk last night but still looks like a liability in the defensive end and terrible in the corners.

The Blackhawks depth isn't showing up one bit right now (Toews, Kane, Hossa, and Sharp being the big four up front). Sadly, the only guy really showing up on the depth side of things right now is Versteeg. Everyone always points to Bickell's playoff performance...but sooner or later, you have to do something in the regular season (when there is a salary cap) and help position your team for a long playoff run. Saad is squeezing his stick pretty tight right now, Richards continues to get some points but looks slow and is prone to a bad turnover, Shaw needs to get back to his pest game, Kruger is struggling, and while I love the effort Ben Smith gives he just isn't talented enough to help out more than on the 4th line at this point.

This team is struggling and it seems the entire team is snakebitten. It is a bit worrisome because a win in October/November are worth as much as a win in March/April but it is still early. Leading the NHL in shots...but the Blackhawks have to get more traffic, more second opportunities, and start scoring those garbage goals. Looking for some guys to step up and play the role that got them to this point. Wouldn't be against a Shaw or Bickell sparking the team by dropping the gloves...something they have both done in the past but it has been a while. Make the team go to battle for you a little, a good hockey fight still has its place in the NHL.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just yelled the following at Rundblad on my TV.... "WTF are you doing? Get your fucking stick.... NO.... GET YOUR FUCKING STICK"

:smh:

EDIT: And yes Gibbs I will still take him over Rozival but only cause Rozi is old enough to tell us what fucking Dinosaurs were like.

I thought Rundblad played better in the 2nd period, at times in the 1st period he was not looking good. Tough loss, but I would like to see a little more traffic in front of the net. With the amount of shots we are taking, no reason we shouldn't be putting more in the net. Hopefully we come out better against MTL, and get a win need to get out of this mini slump we find ourselves in.

Ares: sorry I wasn't in here and chatzy, was an hour behind. Wife was complaining to watch her stupid zombie show, so had to wait.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought Rundblad played better in the 2nd period, at times in the 1st period he was not looking good. Tough loss, but I would like to see a little more traffic in front of the net. With the amount of shots we are taking, no reason we shouldn't be putting more in the net. Hopefully we come out better against MTL, and get a win need to get out of this mini slump we find ourselves in.

Ares: sorry I wasn't in here and chatzy, was an hour behind. Wife was complaining to watch her stupid zombie show, so had to wait.

Teach her how to use torrents and a VPN!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a shit show!!! Shut out at home by Buff and Frolic and Frolic with the game winner. 1-0. Shit show.

fucking nightmare. Q going renegade taking anger out on players. Picking sides, pointing fingers same thing.

nightmare. 3 game losing streak. I think all by 1 goal. Lost 5 of 7.

I didn't think this would happen to us. Wake me up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What a shit show!!! Shut out at home by Buff and Frolic and Frolic with the game winner. 1-0. Shit show.

fucking nightmare. Q going renegade taking anger out on players. Picking sides, pointing fingers same thing.

nightmare. 3 game losing streak. I think all by 1 goal. Lost 5 of 7.

I didn't think this would happen to us. Wake me up.

Moar drugs Rask.... u just need moar

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Morin and Rundblad - Q's hand is forced here. These two would need to be sent through waivers to reach the AHL and my guess is that both would be picked up on the waiver wire. Morin continues to be inconsistent - I love his shoot first attitude...but last night he had a partial 3 on 2 and fired the puck without really looking for a pass that was there on the wing. Rundblad actually had his best game as a Blackhawk last night but still looks like a liability in the defensive end and terrible in the corners.

The Blackhawks depth isn't showing up one bit right now (Toews, Kane, Hossa, and Sharp being the big four up front). Sadly, the only guy really showing up on the depth side of things right now is Versteeg. Everyone always points to Bickell's playoff performance...but sooner or later, you have to do something in the regular season (when there is a salary cap) and help position your team for a long playoff run. Saad is squeezing his stick pretty tight right now, Richards continues to get some points but looks slow and is prone to a bad turnover, Shaw needs to get back to his pest game, Kruger is struggling, and while I love the effort Ben Smith gives he just isn't talented enough to help out more than on the 4th line at this point.

How you can criticize Morin in one paragraph and then turn and compliment Versteeg in the next is something I cannot understand. I think Morin has played quite well given the miniscule ice time Q gives him every night and while Versteeg hasn't been terrible he's still prone to turnovers in bad spots, as has been his career performance.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How about a bright spot.... I have been impressed with Ben Smith.... I feel like he plays hard every shift and does well down low on the opponents zone battling for the puck and trying to maintain possession while his guys get setup.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Smith mixed up with maybe Kane and Richards at some point when we are failing to score....

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
How you can criticize Morin in one paragraph and then turn and compliment Versteeg in the next is something I cannot understand. I think Morin has played quite well given the miniscule ice time Q gives him every night and while Versteeg hasn't been terrible he's still prone to turnovers in bad spots, as has been his career performance.

It's easy...Versteeg has played much better than Morin so far this season. Versteeg is still a blue line turnover away from Q's doghouse...but he has given some real nice support throughout the top 3 lines and creates offensively. Morin hasn't played well enough or consistent enough to get the ice time. This is Morin's last shot and he isn't making the most of it...he would be in Rockford if he didn't have to pass through waivers first.

I've been a fan of Morin, the prospect. Thought he had to increase his foot speed which he did but there is so much more. I always described his game as a mini-Brouwer type. He is the most inconsistent player right now and if Carcillo didn't get injured...Morin would still be in a suit during the game. He needs to improve on the boards, in the defensive end, his teammate awareness, etc. He shows flashes of what he can be...but so far it has just been that - flashes. Morin just isn't cutting it at the NHL level right now.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about a bright spot.... I have been impressed with Ben Smith.... I feel like he plays hard every shift and does well down low on the opponents zone battling for the puck and trying to maintain possession while his guys get setup.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Smith mixed up with maybe Kane and Richards at some point when we are failing to score....

He's been playing like that since last season, one of the reasons I like him.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This cunt here:

preview.jpg

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because I take medication around 7/8 pm, I was fast asleep & missed the entire game.

Looks like I didn't miss much though.

It's one thing to get shutout by John Gibson, but who the fuck is Michael Hutchinson?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What in the world is this team afraid of with Rundblad? That someone might claim him off waivers? If there is team that is that pitifully desperate out there then the can have him. He can't play...why is he here?

This business of traffic in front of the net is also getting old. A lot of the problem is that there are too many bodies in front and good shots aren't getting to the goalie. Of the few that do, a reasonable amount of them score....just too many deflected shots.

A couple of weeks ago I posted that the Hawks were not in sync....that hasn't changed. It's to the point now that most odd man breaks are not even generating a shot much less a dangerous chance. That is not the Blackhawks....this team thrives on breakouts.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This cunt here:

preview.jpg

It takes those two big pussies to fuck with kaner?

Where is Buff getting in the face of someone who could hit him back? disgrace.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It takes those two big pussies to fuck with kaner?

Where is Buff getting in the face of someone who could hit him back? disgrace.

Byfuglien was the one that started that whole thing with the punch to Kaner that you see in that photo. Only thing that worthless heap (and it's a large heap) of shit did all game.