2015 Winter Classic Questions

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was "lucky enough" to win the ticket lottery and purchased two tickets. Anyone else here going?

Have the Hawks unis been unveiled for the game yet? All I've seen are what appear to be fan renders.

When did they go on sale for the previous outdoor games in Chicago?

I haven't been to DC in like 20 years so any suggestions on food and some of the less obvious things to check out are welcome.

I'm Tim Tebow excited.

Thanks!!!

:blackhawks:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Got friends out in the DC area and been considering heading to the game myself. Likely stuck with searching the secondhand market myself, though.

Congrats, man. I got to the Hawks game at Soldier Field last year and it was an incredible experience. Worth every penny!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Oh, and no word on the Hawks jerseys for the game yet.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just bought a winter classic Toews jersey. Doubt it it's the same one they're the same ones they are going to wear this year but I got it on eBay for $74.

Going to my first hockey game ever this year at the Joe in Detroit.

Oh yeah what the fuck is a "fight strap?"

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I just bought a winter classic Toews jersey. Doubt it it's the same one they're the same ones they are going to wear this year but I got it on eBay for $74.

Going to my first hockey game ever this year at the Joe in Detroit.

Oh yeah what the fuck is a "fight strap?"

Been to the Joe several times...glad Detroit is finally getting a new arena because it is a dump.

The fight strap is the strap on the bottom back of the jersey that buttons in to a player's pants. This is so an opposing player cannot pull the jersey over their head, it is harder for the player to get their arm free to throw punches without the restriction of the jersey, and a player can't remove their own jersey so the other player has nothing to grab onto.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought that's what a fight strap might be used for but wasn't sure.

Thanks

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I think the game last night said the jersey was going to be revealed today.. or sometime soon if that wasn't right.

Sent from my 20CDCTO1WW using Tapatalk

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5PM Live reveal tonight... Looking forward to it. I don't normally like buying alternate jerseys and such but since I'm going to this one I want one.

The question is do I go for a player or just leave it blank?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Versteeg scores every winter classic, so he only makes sense

Liked Posts:
I thought that's what a fight strap might be used for but wasn't sure.

Thanks

How can people in Chicago be so ignorant to hockey. Wtf kind of sports do you guys play when everything is frozen over? I don't understand how I am from SoCal, yet I'm teaching far northern people about sports played on ice. Id kill to be able to freeze a pond over. :bahambugh:

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Jsnowball81

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please take your teenage angsty cunting back to the bears side of town.

The poster admitted ignorance to the use of the fight stap. It's an honest question to which another level headed member has already taken the time to enlighten him on.

There is ZERO need for you to attempt belittling someone who asks for clarification or better understanding.

Guess what shitbird... some people are new to hockey!! Lighten the fuck up or go play in traffic.