BewilderedJonathanToews.gif

6-5-1, 13 points

@

ircAkbP0Zloyi.gif

8-3-1, 17 points

Puckdrop - 6:30
TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720

'Bout time to put some pucks in the net, isn't it?

LET'S GO HAWKS!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Line combinations from the morning skate are all over the fucking place.

Smith-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Shaw-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Morin
Bickell-Kruger-Versteeg

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Line combinations from the morning skate are all over the fucking place.

Smith-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Shaw-Hossa
Saad-Richards-Morin
Bickell-Kruger-Versteeg

Not a fan of Smith in the top 6. Could work for a game but not going to be a long term solution. Smith works his butt off out there but he just lacks in the skill, size, etc department which holds him back. In my eyes, Smith is a fringe 3rd liner at best. It is hard not to like the guy because of his work ethic but the rest isn't there.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of Smith in the top 6. Could work for a game but not going to be a long term solution. Smith works his butt off out there but he just lacks in the skill, size, etc department which holds him back. In my eyes, Smith is a fringe 3rd liner at best. It is hard not to like the guy because of his work ethic but the rest isn't there.

Just once, I want to see Saad-Toews-Kane together for some signficant time. Throw that trio out there and challenge any defensive pairing in the NHL to slow them down. Any.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Just once, I want to see Saad-Toews-Kane together for some signficant time. Throw that trio out there and challenge any defensive pairing in the NHL to slow them down. Any.

That line could work out. In the past, it seems that Saad works best when he isn't playing with the "stars" of this team - he seems to focus on his game and not worry about dishing the puck (which isn't the best part of his game, but he is still all around pretty damn good). I was never a fan of the Saad/Toews/Hossa line for that reason...and part of it is that Saad is very similar in his game to Toews/Hossa - it just didn't mesh that well. I want to see Saad with Kane though...I think those two can click and play off of eachother well. Was really hoping we would have seen a Saad/Richards/Kane line by now. In a perfect world (with the current roster) I would like to see...

Sharp/Toews/Hossa
Saad/Richards/Kane
Bickell/Shaw/Versteeg (Even though I would really like to see Shaw moved back to wing but Kruger hasn't stepped up yet to take the 3C spot)
Smith/Kruger/Morin

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That line could work out. In the past, it seems that Saad works best when he isn't playing with the "stars" of this team - he seems to focus on his game and not worry about dishing the puck (which isn't the best part of his game, but he is still all around pretty damn good). I was never a fan of the Saad/Toews/Hossa line for that reason...and part of it is that Saad is very similar in his game to Toews/Hossa - it just didn't mesh that well. I want to see Saad with Kane though...I think those two can click and play off of eachother well. Was really hoping we would have seen a Saad/Richards/Kane line by now. In a perfect world (with the current roster) I would like to see...

Sharp/Toews/Hossa
Saad/Richards/Kane
Bickell/Shaw/Versteeg (Even though I would really like to see Shaw moved back to wing but Kruger hasn't stepped up yet to take the 3C spot)
Smith/Kruger/Morin
That Top 6 is something a large part of the fan base has been clamoring for since Richards was signed.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Smith on first line...that should be interesting

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey!!

It's the Coach Q line switching game!!! I wonder if he has his own Wheel of Fortune to spin.

You substitute Hawk players for the money values......

wheel-of-fortune-hd-screenshot-4.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hey!!

It's the Coach Q line switching game!!! I wonder if he has his own Wheel of Fortune to spin.

You substitute Hawk players for the money values......

wheel-of-fortune-hd-screenshot-4.jpg

Oh, you mean like this?

1UNEDQb.jpg

By the way, this photo is from the fantastic Hawks' blog HockeeNight.com. Seen it get posted at other sites before but HockeeNight is the source of it.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Melt you know if they are going with Rundblad or Roz tonight?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not crazy about Smith on the top line. At least Versteeg is on the 4th line. If it were me I would switch Kruger and Richards.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Crazy day at work. Cannot wait to get home and crack a beer and watch some Blackhawks hockey.