Rebounding

YFC

Liked Posts:
I am not worried about the rebounding in November, except for the clutch-time defensive rebounds.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
That is bullshit. Do you know that throughout his career, Gibson came off of the bench? He still does. But his rebounds per 36 minutes is the same as Gasol's over his career. Gasol has played about 36 minutes per game, and Gibson has averaged about 25 per game. Gibson has sacrificed stats in order to basically lead the 2nd unit. %age fallen over a cliff, eh? Gibson has been the best player on the Bulls thus far in this season.

No, the best player on the Bulls thus far this season has been between Gasol/Butler.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Once Noah recovers more, they'll grab more defensive boards and play better on D in general.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No, the best player on the Bulls thus far this season has been between Gasol/Butler.

Pretty close. Gasol and Butler have played well but so has Gibson. It'd be interesting what would happen if they flip-flopped Gibson and Gasol in the line-ups.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty close. Gasol and Butler have played well but so has Gibson. It'd be interesting what would happen if they flip-flopped Gibson and Gasol in the line-ups.
I hope not.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

Gibson's rebounding has been sub-par and the guy is more of a black hole than Kobe Bryant. He acts like every time he touches the ball he needs to shoot. Butler and Gasol have out played him by a good margin.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gibson's rebounding has been sub-par and the guy is more of a black hole than Kobe Bryant. He acts like every time he touches the ball he needs to shoot. Butler and Gasol have out played him by a good margin.

Rubbish. Have you ever noticed when Gibson ever gets the ball there isn't a lot of time on the shot clock? He is pretty much the 3rd scoring option and as such, when he does get the ball, he pretty much has to try to get a shot off. By your words you look like you think that Gibson is not very good(black hole, sub-par, out-performed). Its the same kind of crap that gets dished out toward Noah by First Timer.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:

This may be the first time I've ever heard someone who's shooting 58% referred to as a "black hole" with the ball.
You know what ... I'm pretty sure that I'm perfectly fine with every player on the team being a "black hole", if they'll shoot 58% when they get it.

As for the rebounding concerns, it seems to be just a few minor things.
Our Defensive rebounds have been fine, but we've been giving up several more Offensive boards a game than usual.
Joakim is still a little off ... our perimeter players need to keep their perimeter players off the offensive glass a little better, etc.
Nothing I'm really too concerned about. I think as the season moves along and guys get back into the swing of things, our rebounding will likely pick back up.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
This may be the first time I've ever heard someone who's shooting 58% referred to as a "black hole" with the ball.
You know what ... I'm pretty sure that I'm perfectly fine with every player on the team being a "black hole", if they'll shoot 58% when they get it.

As for the rebounding concerns, it seems to be just a few minor things.
Our Defensive rebounds have been fine, but we've been giving up several more Offensive boards a game than usual.
Joakim is still a little off ... our perimeter players need to keep their perimeter players off the offensive glass a little better, etc.
Nothing I'm really too concerned about. I think as the season moves along and guys get back into the swing of things, our rebounding will likely pick back up.

Kobe Bryant is a career 46% shooter which is not bad given the position he plays. He's often referred to as that. Taj rarely ever passes once he touches the ball, it's a jumper or he tries a post move. His FG% will likely dip as the season progresses. Jimmy and Pau have both outplayed taj and it's pretty clear...he'll both of them may end up starting in the asg this year.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reason for this thread is that I don't believe the Bulls can afford to be any less than a dominant rebounding team to have any realistic shot of a championship this season.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Noah and Gasol are both solid rebounders, but they're both extremely slow. They're getting killed on the glass by quicker teams, which is the same reason why the defense is not quite as good.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kobe Bryant is a career 46% shooter which is not bad given the position he plays. He's often referred to as that. Taj rarely ever passes once he touches the ball, it's a jumper or he tries a post move. His FG% will likely dip as the season progresses. Jimmy and Pau have both outplayed taj and it's pretty clear...he'll both of them may end up starting in the asg this year.

He is not the first or 2nd option. He gets the ball, if ever, late in the shot clock. Go ahead and believe what you want. I am happy that Gasol and Butler have played well. Who wouldn't? But your dissing of Taj Gibson is unwarranted and incorrect from an objective standpoint. You sound like First Timer and his dissing Noah.

I always am amazed how some people have to make their guy seem more valuable or better than someone else's by tearing that guy down.As for Butler and Gasol "starting" in the all-star game this year? Come-on.

BullsGoneWild

Liked Posts:
I think they were switching the pick and roll too much to start the season. It was leaving the bigs out on the perimeter instead of under the basket to rebound. Now the problem is all of the injuries.