Rebounding

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has been pretty un-Bulls-like. They led the league in rebounding statistics in 2011 and 2012 (when they had Asik). They were in the top 10 still in 2013 and 2014. But now they are in the bottom third so far. What's going on...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
defense has been bad to

Boozer was the key all along

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
defense has been bad to

Boozer was the key all along
lol it seems so...

Who knew...the whole time we needed someone to yell "GRAB DAT" and "HEEEEEEY" to rebound effectively.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
It has been pretty un-Bulls-like. They led the league in rebounding statistics in 2011 and 2012 (when they had Asik). They were in the top 10 still in 2013 and 2014. But now they are in the bottom third so far. What's going on...

We played more than half of our games this season in a 5 day span. I'm sure some fatigue has been a factor. Also, it's pretty clear that Noah is not right. From what I've heard, he has serious cartilage problems in his left knee. This could be a career long thing for him now which does not bode well for the team.

Either way, guys need to fly to the ball like they did in the past and cut off the lane from the high pick and roll for f sakes!

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Noah isn't right and the one and only thing I think Boozer was better at than Gasol was rebounding. On a per minute basis I would say Boozer was the better defensive rebounder. Bulls should still be top 10 though. I think they will turn it around.

Noah's injury is worrying me.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
lol it seems so...

Who knew...the whole time we needed someone to yell "GRAB DAT" and "HEEEEEEY" to rebound effectively.

and he scream as he got blown by let guys know to rotate to the rim

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, it's definitely been a week point for us.... Weird.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it lingers on for a little while longer though. Could just be a slow start in that department.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Got to put in perspective that we're scoring more points which means more possessions which means the other team gets more positions as well. It's definitely the rebounding that's hurting us.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How many games have we had our starters together? 2?

We are fine, rebounding is fine. Remember we are winning, and we are taking more 3's, far more, and also playing more up tempo which means guys aren't available on the offensive glass. Our rotations have been deep and guys are getting used to each other. Dunleavy and Gasol are not quick to the ball.

The thing with Boozer was he occupied the opponents strongest man and kept him locked up. His defense more than failed

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well the rebounding was good tonight :shrug:

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I think in time it would improve. Seems like it is more of an effort thing. They aren't chasing those long rebounds which they normally did. But In time that will change.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How many games have we had our starters together? 2?

We are fine, rebounding is fine. Remember we are winning, and we are taking more 3's, far more, and also playing more up tempo which means guys aren't available on the offensive glass. Our rotations have been deep and guys are getting used to each other. Dunleavy and Gasol are not quick to the ball.

The thing with Boozer was he occupied the opponents strongest man and kept him locked up. His defense more than failed

I'm not worried right now about rebounding. In the games that I watched, there were a lot of deep rebounds both on the offense and defensive sides of the court. I think that they should bring in the WORM to teach our guys to read where the ball is likely to go rather than the basic box out your man theory. Gasol really is not a very good rebounder defensively. He is good as a shot blocker, though. IF rebounding continues to be a problem, I would guess that Gibson and Gasol will switch roles in the Bulls rotation. Another thing is that they now have Butler playing the 2 which takes him farther away from the basket. Butler was a very good offensive rebounder at the 3.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'm not worried right now about rebounding. In the games that I watched, there were a lot of deep rebounds both on the offense and defensive sides of the court. I think that they should bring in the WORM to teach our guys to read where the ball is likely to go rather than the basic box out your man theory. Gasol really is not a very good rebounder defensively. He is good as a shot blocker, though. IF rebounding continues to be a problem, I would guess that Gibson and Gasol will switch roles in the Bulls rotation. Another thing is that they now have Butler playing the 2 which takes him farther away from the basket. Butler was a very good offensive rebounder at the 3.

Idk what games you've been watching, Gasol has been a far better rebounder than Taj....Taj defensive rebound % has fallen off a cliff. He's a main reason why we are getting out rebounded almost every night.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoping and praying it is because we are missing fewer shots... :pray:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
We're not doing as well on 50:50 balls in the paint, but those long rebounds are killing us.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We're not doing as well on 50:50 balls in the paint, but those long rebounds are killing us.
I think our guards aren't really looking to grab those long rebounds so we're getting owned on those and back taps. Not sure why that is exactly...Hinrich has typically been solid at grabbing long rebounds and Jimmy gets his fair share of boards (though those are more around the rim I guess). I suppose Brooks isn't rebounding a ton. Not really sure where the true issue lies.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think our guards aren't really looking to grab those long rebounds so we're getting owned on those and back taps. Not sure why that is exactly...Hinrich has typically been solid at grabbing long rebounds and Jimmy gets his fair share of boards (though those are more around the rim I guess). I suppose Brooks isn't rebounding a ton. Not really sure where the true issue lies.

MDJ is averaging a career low in rebounds per36, but that is only about 1 board per game difference tops.

Jimmy gets a pass, because he has the brace on his hand. But his boards are fine.

Pau is getting his. And it's more than Boozer.

Jo is getting his.

Taj is not getting his. But not enough to be the dominant difference.

Kirk's are down slightly.

So yes. It's a FG% issue. We're shooting better, and the other teams are shooting better against us. Less rebound opportunities in general hurt the overall rebounding numbers.

After a handful of games in, I'm not worried about rebounding ability. It's there, we have it. Once the defense starts locking down, then the team RPG numbers will go up.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
MDJ is averaging a career low in rebounds per36, but that is only about 1 board per game difference tops.

Jimmy gets a pass, because he has the brace on his hand. But his boards are fine.

Pau is getting his. And it's more than Boozer.

Jo is getting his.

Taj is not getting his. But not enough to be the dominant difference.

Kirk's are down slightly.

So yes. It's a FG% issue. We're shooting better, and the other teams are shooting better against us. Less rebound opportunities in general hurt the overall rebounding numbers.

After a handful of games in, I'm not worried about rebounding ability. It's there, we have it. Once the defense starts locking down, then the team RPG numbers will go up.
Yeah I think our somewhat lazy defense to start is more worrying/telling than the rebounding.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They just need to scope and clean out Jo's knee now, and try to get him back 100% by the end of the season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Idk what games you've been watching, Gasol has been a far better rebounder than Taj....Taj defensive rebound % has fallen off a cliff. He's a main reason why we are getting out rebounded almost every night.

That is bullshit. Do you know that throughout his career, Gibson came off of the bench? He still does. But his rebounds per 36 minutes is the same as Gasol's over his career. Gasol has played about 36 minutes per game, and Gibson has averaged about 25 per game. Gibson has sacrificed stats in order to basically lead the 2nd unit. %age fallen over a cliff, eh? Gibson has been the best player on the Bulls thus far in this season.