The Radio Guys are killing Phil and Trestman

Nick80

I've been around since the old board get used to it. The only time the boards were perfect were the Super Bowl lovie year and we still had crazy posts of grossman vs orton etc. this is just how it is after implosion

I don't doubt you have. I never got involved in the Ortman/Groceman debates, they were laughable, and I didn't care for either QB then. You remember Craig Krenzel? Yeah that was a bad time. Used to it? I deal with it in my way. Why is that so hard for people to accept. I wasn't out of line to any of the regulars on here, only the casuals, and Desper, yesterday and Desper is like a duck anyway. Some of you partol my posts far to closely for my liking.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was the status of Marinelli after the Trestman hire. The Bears management obviously had no clue what Marinelli was going to do. All they knew was they wanted him back. Does it prove that Emery told Arians that he has to keep Marinelli? No. But it does show that the communications sucks either way. Why not call Marinelli up as the GM and have a conversation about his intentions. Better yet, why not include him in the hiring process instead of Jay Cutler, lol.

http://www.suntimes.com/17620425-41...t-for-fresh-start-elsewhere.html#.VGKbxMlw6xc

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I read your take on it. Which is fine, but it is just that, your take on it. But if I remember right, Marinelli did resign immediately when they hired Trestman (maybe he knew something there too). And I also remember the Bears saying when they made the Trestman hire that Marinelli will remain the defensive coordinator, and then he quit. So in other words, I just got this deep down feeling that Emery and Marinelli did not have this conversation prior.

I agree that they likely didn't have the conversation before hand. I would think that this would be left to Maranelli's potential future boss to have with him. I would think it would be inappropriate for any gm to promise that a coordinator would remain in place prior to that coordinator finding out who he is going to answer to.

As I said before, I think the convo was probably something to the effect of emery asking that Rod be their number one choice should he want to stay. That seems far more likely to me and would jive with some of what Arians is allegedly saying

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Since Phil has his rabbit ears up about everything Urlacher says, maybe he will hear this story and counter it.

I think Durkin holds himself out as a legitimate reporter so he should have sourced the report.

Well what is Durkin saying was the specific statements made by Emery to Arians? Did Durkin write it in an article somewhere? Or is this Holmes providing a summary of a conversation he had with Durkin?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This thing is close to going nuclear.

The local media was close to snapping over the bye week.

The national media is not putting their microscope on things.

And the Bears response was to close ranks and not fire anyone, feed them to the masses.

This thing is cruising towards a Nuclear eruption. They must beat the Vikings and Bucs at home or this is going to be nothing in comparison.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well what is Durkin saying was the specific statements made by Emery to Arians? Did Durkin write it in an article somewhere? Or is this Holmes providing a summary of a conversation he had with Durkin?

Durkin did a long segment with B and B Monday and talked about how Phil and Trestman seem out of their depth, the story came up.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And the Bears response was to close ranks and not fire anyone, feed them to the masses.

This thing is cruising towards a Nuclear eruption. They must beat the Vikings and Bucs at home or this is going to be nothing in comparison.

Speaking Of National media. http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/chicago-bears-defense-50-points-marc-trestman

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On Waddle an Silvy, Marshall gave Trestman his full endorsement, so there's that for you.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Phil was telling his interview candidates that they had to keep Rod, when Rad had no interest in staying. He took a demotion to get out of town. How did Phil not know that was coming?

Yeah it's easy to twist words isn't it?

Speed

Liked Posts:
Dan Durkin says that the roster is poorly thought out and constructed and that people are tuning out Trestman. He says Safety, Linebacker, Coverage Units and Right tackle all are bad. He also essentially said the Bears are soft and that Emery is clueless since he didn't even realize Rod was out the door. He also noted that the Bears locker room looked really nervous after the Packers game, including coaches.

Wayne Larivee said it looked to him like the Bears gave up down 14-0 and that as he left there was an extended "Pow-wow" of Bears upper management in the Stadium.

One big Lovie face

107339849_crop_650x440.jpg

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
On Waddle an Silvy, Marshall gave Trestman his full endorsement, so there's that for you.

Would you expect a player to come out say he doesn't back his coach?

And did you miss the postgame comment from Marshall where he said he understands if people lost their jobs due to this because this is a business?

Or is this more bullshit twisting and misrepresenting of comments so you can trumpet the fact that you hate everything about the bears right now? Your bullshit is tired and repetitive.

Not go ahead and tell me I'm okay with mediocrity

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Surely, you have to agree that this sounds like B.S. From what I can tell this is somehow coming from something Phil Emery told Bruce Arians. I.e. Lawrence Holmes was told this by Dan Durkin who was told this by Bruce Arians who was told this by Phil Emery. Sounds a whole lot like the telephone game.

I'm going to guess that Emery told Arians something to the effect of: he'd like to retain Marinelli as D.C., so any H.C. candidate should first reach out to him to determine his willingness to stay. However, I don't know what was said. You don't know what was said. And I think we can agree that this fourth party re-telling of events that occurred two years ago surely isn't an accurate means of determining what actually happened.

In other words, without more, ripping on Emery for this reason is total b.s. and tailor made entertainment provided by an entertainer.

That's almost exactly what happened. But people want to birch about something else so they make shit up in order to complain about emery.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
There was a Bears article in the NY Times, talking about how pathetic they have been this season.

When was the last time you saw that?

damn biased media, why do they never write about how awesome we are

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Emery is clueless because he didn't realize Rod Marinelli was out the door?

During the interview process Emery stated that whoever the new coach was would have to retain Marinelli, it was a stipulation Emery made, any new coach had to retain Rod.

What Emery failed to realize was Marinelli's loyalty to Lovie Smith and Marinelli determined early on that he was gone. Emery was clueless because he put forth that asinine stipulation without having any guarantees from Rod Marinelli.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I can only imagine the fallout if that does happen.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you expect a player to come out say he doesn't back his coach?

And did you miss the postgame comment from Marshall where he said he understands if people lost their jobs due to this because this is a business?

Or is this more bullshit twisting and misrepresenting of comments so you can trumpet the fact that you hate everything about the bears right now? Your bullshit is tired and repetitive.

Not go ahead and tell me I'm okay with mediocrity

Easy tiger. Just reporting what was said on the radio. You mad at the positive talk too?

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Surely, you have to agree that this sounds like B.S. From what I can tell this is somehow coming from something Phil Emery told Bruce Arians. I.e. Lawrence Holmes was told this by Dan Durkin who was told this by Bruce Arians who was told this by Phil Emery. Sounds a whole lot like the telephone game.

I'm going to guess that Emery told Arians something to the effect of: he'd like to retain Marinelli as D.C., so any H.C. candidate should first reach out to him to determine his willingness to stay. However, I don't know what was said. You don't know what was said. And I think we can agree that this fourth party re-telling of events that occurred two years ago surely isn't an accurate means of determining what actually happened.

In other words, without more, ripping on Emery for this reason is total b.s. and tailor made entertainment provided by an entertainer.

From the press conference Emery gave on January 1, 2013:

Some of the current coaches on the staff "may end up back here". I would not rule out Rod Marinelli as defensive coordinator or Dave Toub as special teams coach.
Assistant coaches were given extra year at start of last season to protect them and protect the team. Very interesting. Emery seems to have had this change in mind from day one.
http://www.chicagonow.com/da-bears-blog/2013/01/on-emerys-press-conference-rapid-fire-recap/

From January 16, 2013:

"But according to one of the candidates that interviewed for the head coaching job, general manager Phil Emery indicated he'd like to bring back defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli to maintain continuity on a defense loaded with veteran players and three Pro Bowlers in cornerbacks Charles Tillman and Tim Jennings and defensive end Julius Peppers. "Phil loves (Marinelli), and I can see why watching all the Bears games," a source said. "The guy is a stud. The key is to get Rod back; not because he's under contract, but because he wants to work for you."
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/stor...tman-former-cfl-coach-year-montreal-alouettes

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can only imagine the fallout if that does happen.

Take cover.

There is a dark part of me that wants to see it, if this is going to go crazy lets see just how crazy it can go.

I am all out of embarassment for this season, now I just want to be entertained.