The Radio Guys are killing Phil and Trestman

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
This was never perfect, but was talented enough to win 10 games. A significantly worse team, talent wise, last season 8 games with a backup QB playing in 7 games.

This team on paper is more talented than the Colts at every position except QB, LB, and CB.

The Bears should be the reverse Chiefs. Good Offense (Cheifs Defense), Mediocre Defense (Chiefs Offense) and winning 10ish games and fighting for a wild card spot.

I half-agree with you. First, the backup QB played better than the starter, so that's not a plus-rationalization. Also, our defense and "Mediocre" should not ever be spoken in the same sentence.

I said this in the pre-season, and will repeat it now, as much as the kool-aid brigade loves to dislike me for it, this is overall a bottom-5 D, and our back-7 is bottom-2 - it would be bottom-1 if the Jags weren't in the equation.

cd35

Liked Posts:
When a team whose legacy in the modern era has been a great culture of great defense....

Sorry to be a downer but there is no great Chicago Bear culture in the modern era. In the last 23 years they made the playoffs......5 times. They had one of the greatest single seasons in history in 85 and then choked and underachieved the rest of that window. The 70' to mid 80's....haha

The Chicago Bears culture is pretty much mediocrity and utter incompetence. It's nice to see fans are actually starting to get annoyed

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Sorry to be a downer but there is no great Chicago Bear culture in the modern era. In the last 23 years they made the playoffs......5 times. They had one of the greatest single seasons in history in 85 and then choked and underachieved the rest of that window. The 70' to mid 80's....haha

The Chicago Bears culture is pretty much mediocrity and utter incompetence. It's nice to see fans are actually starting to get annoyed

No, this shit isn't that annoying on a relative basis, I was legit depressed when we failed in '86 and '87, because that was true under-achievement. The team we have today blows dog-balls on paper, and also blows it on the field, and they have not underwhelmed in terms of playoff success because they never had a chance.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
No, this shit isn't that annoying on a relative basis, I was legit depressed when we failed in '86 and '87, because that was true under-achievement. The team we have today blows dog-balls on paper, and also blows it on the field, and they have not underwhelmed in terms of playoff success because they never had a chance.

The Offense, ON PAPER, does not blow donkey dick.

The Dfense was a horrible mismosh of horribad youth and overpaid, over the hill free agents...hardly a recipe for success.

I was expecting 7-9 to 9-7 with A LOT of offensive fireworks and stats to enjoy. What we got was a shit sandwich that exposed the leadership of the team....right off the bad, we lose to the fkn Bills....wtf was that horseshit???

You lose to one of the worst franchises of the past decade with a special needs kid at QB??? At home??? In the opener???

Whatever, can you imagine how depressing early fall was for me...Braxton Miller gets hurt, we lose our opener to the fkn Bills and then VT rolls OSU like a tourist on the west side asking for directions.

Thank god the buckeyes got better...

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listened to bit of Friday B&B on the radio. They are both saying what i said last fall,Trestman and Emery Are full of hot air and that we have very little evidence that either is smart. They also made fun of how MT is a terrible speaker.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Boers made fun of trestman's speaking style? Irony gold

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
There's evidence trest is smart. There's just minimal evidence he's a good HC and quite a lot of evidence that he's not.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
okay but really, who gives a fuck? what's next, criticizing his fashion sense?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I always judge how bad things are by ESPN 1000.

I find those guys, especially Waddle and Silvy, are the most rational, calm, and reserved in their views. When those guys ca for your job then I know it is bad.

Trestman and Emery are both smart guys.

There is a lot of evidence that Trestman is not a good NFL HC.

And there is some evidence this year that Emery has faults as a GM. The fact that they have made mistakes does not mean their are stupid or even bad at their jobs, it just means they are going to be judged by how they respond to them.