D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is going to get a hell of a lot more than 12 mil/year on the open market.

Did the Bulls just want to develop him into a top 10 2 guard in PPG, and the best defending 2 guard in the league, just to let him walk after his 4th year-when he finally gets there as a compete player?

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He is going to get a hell of a lot more than 12 mil/year on the open market.

Did the Bulls just want to develop him into a top 10 2 guard in PPG, and the best defending 2 guard in the league, just to let him walk after his 4th year-when he finally gets there as a compete player?
You do know he's a restricted free agent and the Bulls can match any offer? Unless he wins the MVP, he's not getting MVP money.

Also, we're 8 games into the season.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
8 games into the season, but he ain't chuckin to get them points. In fact, it does not look like he is forcing anything onto the scoreboard offensively. His scoring is efficient, and he is playing within the flow of the game.

Also, he has been better and better at finding his way to the line, and getting his man in early foul trouble.

He is not going to win an MVP, but he will make the All-Star team. Someone will offer him more than we can pay.

All with a bum hand.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Was it really necessary to edit the thread title?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Would really set the Bulls back if he heads elsewhere. There is gonna be a young team that throws a lot of money at him to add to their core. I'm worried that the Bulls wouldn't be able to match if it came to that.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
You do know he's a restricted free agent and the Bulls can match any offer? Unless he wins the MVP, he's not getting MVP money.

Also, we're 8 games into the season.

Butler's contract situation is, like many, tricky due to the upcoming new CBA anticipating higher caps- thus allowing bigger contracts. I understand this has been discussed ad nauseam, but it deserves to be reminded as both sides feel their side is a no-brainer as to whether Butler should have been inked or not.

Its also difficult as Butler's value is tied to that of Rose's health. If Rose rips a knee again- its over for Rose. Do we really want to invest a 15mi/yr contract on a player from this current roster rather than rebuild should Rose go down?

We also need to see more from Butler if we're going to tie up 12+mil/year into him. Once the Bulls start playing actual playoff teams rather than these teams of the over/under 25 win variety...its hard to gauge what Butler has done thus far this year.

If Butler reverts to his below 39% from the field and 25% from 3....we'd all be really uneasy if Butler was getting 12+mil a year. Especially if the Bulls run into the Wizards again and he gets outplayed by Beal for the second straight year and the Bulls lose to Washington. We just have to see more.

4yr/40mil is the max I'd feel comfortable with the Bulls giving Butler RIGHT NOW. $10mil/yr is good coin and its what a really solid rotational guy will cost moving forward (its what Taj gets).

If Butler goes off and becomes all NBA quality next to Rose(oh man I hope he does)- I'd be thrilled for the Bulls to match any offer and max him and have ZERO reservations about it.

Troy23

Liked Posts:
While Jimmy is not yet the superstar caliber player, but if Rose goes down again and that's basically career over, then Jimmy is the man to build this team around.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
8 games into the season, but he ain't chuckin to get them points. In fact, it does not look like he is forcing anything onto the scoreboard offensively. His scoring is efficient, and he is playing within the flow of the game.

Also, he has been better and better at finding his way to the line, and getting his man in early foul trouble.

He is not going to win an MVP, but he will make the All-Star team. Someone will offer him more than we can pay.

All with a bum hand.

IF he makes the All-Star team the Bulls will offer him a good deal and match anything some other team may offer him. The Bulls like Butler and I doubt they just let him go. No team can offer an Asik poison pill deal either. This deal will also still fall under the old CBA meaning there's some other limitations to how much a team can offer him.

Was it really necessary to edit the thread title?

Your title was so long it didn't even fit in the title thread box and looked ridiculous on the Bulls forum page, so yes, yes it was.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
At this rate, Butler is going to get Chandler Parsons money.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IF he makes the All-Star team the Bulls will offer him a good deal and match anything some other team may offer him. The Bulls like Butler and I doubt they just let him go. No team can offer an Asik poison pill deal either. This deal will also still fall under the old CBA meaning there's some other limitations to how much a team can offer him.

Your title was so long it didn't even fit in the title thread box and looked ridiculous on the Bulls forum page, so yes, yes it was.
How long do we get, before you start editing our posts, so that we all agree with you...Creating your own little perfect world, Lord Business?

prezbiz_filmstill1.jpg

Besides, your new title is misleading.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How long do we get, before you start editing our posts, so that we all agree with you...Creating your own little perfect world, Lord Business?

prezbiz_filmstill1.jpg

Besides, your new title is misleading.
Oh get off your high horse.

I'm more than happy to change the title to something more of your liking.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Against an All Star 2 guard...Butler goes for 21 points on 7 of 10 shooting, with 9 boards and 6 assists.

And he locked down DeRozan. 3 of 17 shooting for only 10 points, and 2 assists.

Jimmy also stopped the late surge by the Raptors by hitting a clutch jumper, getting to the line, and clamping down on the defensive end.

He is becoming one of the best 2 guards in the game, and is worth more than the 12 mil he was asking.

Gar fucked up

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
not locking him up has def looked like a mistake so far

hes been putting up good numbers and has been calm and cool in the clutch hitting big shots and free throws

21-9-6 and locked down his opponent....very pippen-like game

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His on the ball defense is amazing. He is a 1 man double team. He maybe the toughest wing in the league to get a shot over, as well as to post up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do we even know for sure Jimmy asked for $12 million?

I've just heard reports of he should have been offered $12 million because thats what Kemba Walker got. For all we know Jimmy and his agent rejected such an offer.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do we even know for sure Jimmy asked for $12 million?

I've just heard reports of he should have been offered $12 million because thats what Kemba Walker got. For all we know Jimmy and his agent rejected such an offer.
It's very possible the Bulls offered 12 and he wanted more. And by he I mean his agent.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's very possible the Bulls offered 12 and he wanted more. And by he I mean his agent.
And the way he's playing, he does deserve more at the moment.

If he and his agent were pushing for more based on his preseason, I would certainly reject that as Bulls management. Rose put up an amazing preseason last season and then sucked the 10 games he played until he tore his meniscus. So you don't want to get burned there. Prove you are what you are in the season and we'll talk.

If Jimmy keeps this up and makes the All-Star team, I have no doubt the Bulls will give him a nice deal. They have a history of this. This would also show that Jimmy is essential to the team. He's not going anywhere.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And the way he's playing, he does deserve more at the moment.

If he and his agent were pushing for more based on his preseason, I would certainly reject that as Bulls management. Rose put up an amazing preseason last season and then sucked the 10 games he played until he tore his meniscus. So you don't want to get burned there. Prove you are what you are in the season and we'll talk.

If Jimmy keeps this up and makes the All-Star team, I have no doubt the Bulls will give him a nice deal. They have a history of this. This would also show that Jimmy is essential to the team. He's not going anywhere.
I can see the Bulls matching a max deal for him if he shows this kind of offensive consistency all year and into the playoffs. Obviously, Jimmy loves Chicago (or so he would have us believe), and he's as hard a worker as anyone, so I think it's a win win for both sides if he legitimately earns such a contract.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do not get the concern about Butler leaving the Bulls. Why? He is another product of the genius of Thibs who has taken lower picked players and developed them into becoming top notch players. Butler will get paid what he is worth when the time comes. The cap will be increased when he is due his. It is a non issue in my mind.