Jimmy Butler Extension Discussion

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One good thing for the Bulls is Kawhi Leonard also being a RFA. He will definitely take some attention off of Jimmy Butler for at least certain teams. It might make the price lower than the max.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Do we even know for sure Jimmy asked for $12 million?

Reports are Bulls offered 11m as their final offer

no telling how much Jimmy was asking but most feel he was probably asking 12 or atleast that 12 would get it done

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

no telling how much Jimmy was asking but most feel he was probably asking 12 or atleast that 12 would get it done
What's the source on that?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was not asking for max money. But he keeps his play up, the Bulls are going to rue the day they did not lock him up cheap. Especially since the increase would not happen until next year.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Even 15 would be a steal with what he is going to be offered by other teams next year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Even 15 would be a steal with what he is going to be offered by other teams next year.

The maximum salary of a player with 6 or fewer years of experience is either $9,000,000 or 25% of the total salary cap (2013–14: $14,670,000), whichever is greater.*

So it'll be around 15 for his first year. Not an average. Probably more like an average of $17 mil if its a max. Again though, he's not going anywhere. But yes, the Bulls lost out on getting him cheaper in all likelihood.

But I still don't know if the offer was really 12 or less. Media figure is the only one saying it without any source to it. Its a believe what you want scenario.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care if they have to give him near a max deal. I want JI'm my locked up, I said from day one when they drafted him he'd be an perennial Allstar in a few years.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't care if they have to give him near a max deal. I want JI'm my locked up, I said from day one when they drafted him he'd be an perennial Allstar in a few years.
You did? Damn.

I knew nothing about him when they drafted him. When he got playing time during the lockout season, I saw potential in him. I saw the same thing in Snell. I didn't see any potential from Teague. I'm still out on McDermott.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You did? Damn.

I knew nothing about him when they drafted him. When he got playing time during the lockout season, I saw potential in him. I saw the same thing in Snell. I didn't see any potential from Teague. I'm still out on McDermott.

I watched a lot of his tape and play before the NBA. He truly was a great steal, really hope he plays his whole career here. Every year he's been here he has improved in multiple areas of his game. Couple more years this could be Butlers team.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of my favorite parts about it all is we traded James johnson for the pick that led to Butler. Great trade imo lol

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I want him to be even more aggressive on the offense every night. He is our most efficient player on offense and he gets to the line probably better than most in the league. I agree with Neil Funk in saying that he could probably lead the team in scoring.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that you really have got to give a lot of credit to the Bulls scouting guys. They have really picked up some plums late in the first round and the second round also.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
I watched a lot of his tape and play before the NBA. He truly was a great steal, really hope he plays his whole career here. Every year he's been here he has improved in multiple areas of his game. Couple more years this could be Butlers team.

Same here. I was dating a girl who was a Marquette grad at the time so I watched a lot of Marquette ball, even went to a couple games. I was telling everyone after the draft that we got a total steal. Most people were pissed that we didn't get Marshon Brooks. Boy am I glad the Bulls FO doesn't listen to the fans.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You did? Damn.

I liked Butler from the start because I love players who play tough defense. Two of my heroes growing up were the two Jerrys (West & Sloan) and it had a lot to do with defense. But I sure never thought that he'd be an all-star. As for McDermott and Mirotic, they both have a chance to be very good NBA players. All-stars? I'll settle for good NBA players.

BullsGoneWild

Liked Posts:
I really think waiting was the right move for both sides. Even if another team offers the max, the Bulls can match and keep him for smaller raises/smaller salary.

czman

Liked Posts:
Starting to worry about Butler long term right now. His shooting % have been in decline as he has racked up the minutes. Playing 40+ minutes a game may be a very bad thing when the Bulls get to February. Butler has been attacking the basket and taking some hard falls. His shot is getting flatter.

The NBA season is marathon not a sprint. I hope he holds up and is healthy at the end.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Starting to worry about Butler long term right now. His shooting % have been in decline as he has racked up the minutes. Playing 40+ minutes a game may be a very bad thing when the Bulls get to February. Butler has been attacking the basket and taking some hard falls. His shot is getting flatter.

The NBA season is marathon not a sprint. I hope he holds up and is healthy at the end.
LeBron plays similar minutes-and has throughout his career. Jimmy will be fine.

Besides, he shot a hair over 58%, scoring 26 points on 12 shots in his last outing. He also had 5 dimes.

Jimmy is a stud, and is going to be a superstar.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
$12 million a year would have got it done because since it was sight unseen both team and player would have been taking risk. That's Luol Deng money. Remember he was injured. He could have just as easily started off slowly and then we would be giving him the Ben Gordon treatment. Now he is looking AT LEAST $15 million a year. That's Carlos Boozer range. Sorry, Bulls must pay up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it appears that the Bulls really messed this up, once again just refusing to meet a players reasonable demands.

Jimmy is the PERFECT compliment to Derrick Rose, especially the new 3-point jacking Rose. He takes pressure off Rose now by being another guy that can get to the free throw line, with Rose's body this is so important. Its like giving Allen Iverson 3-5 less car wrecks per game.

But how are we going to match a max contract with Mirotic escalating and Gibson around?

Its shitty because the failure to just pay the 12 million probably costs us Gibson and we are looking at next year

Noah Gasol McD Butler Rose with Mirotic, 6th man scoring guard, Snell, Barstow, Hinrich and draft picks, hopefully the Sac #12 plus trade up or something.

The year after we probably lose Gasol or he is aging or retiring. Old big man with extra international minutes.

Would be great to keep the band together but we are already bursting with quality depth rotting.