Could Pau carry this team if Rose went down?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pau wouldn't have to carry this team as their D will keep them in every game. While I agree Pau has been our best player through the first 9 games here....it has only been 9 games. Keep in mind he's 34. He hasn't looked 34 thus far, but he is.

Regardless, this team's ceiling w/o Rose is 50 wins and a 2nd Round exit. Their floor is 42 wins and a 1st Round exit.....so please....lets not even discuss this.

Liked Posts:
Does it make me a bad Bulls fan that I truly thought the addition of Pau was more of a "panic move" than the addition of Boozer was in 2010? We lose out on LeBron (for the second time) and Melo (who is and forever will be too dumb to understand the concept of winning vs. money), and then we throw money at a player well on the other side of 30 when we have both Gibson, Mirotic and Noah who are in their prime and playing at the PF and C position.

With that being said, the way he has play has made me completely bite my tongue. Although having Melo instead of Dunleavy at the SF and either Gibson or Mirotic at the PF would have soothed my emotions more than the lineup we have today.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Yes, true.

The reason I used it, was because you could follow it in the box score of this game. That's why I brought it up. Mind you, I'm the same person who would rip on people for using +/- to grade performances in the past, but it has usage, like this game was one of the few examples where it applied nicely.

fair enough

but i was just thinking about how bad that 2nd unit was tonight

guys were traveling, fouling, slipping and had James Johnson looking like LeBron James lol

Jordan would of had a tough time carrying that mess lol

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never pay attention to +/-. I refuse to even acknowledge it as a useful number.

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
I think the real point here is that he wouldn't have to. Not with this team and the experience many of them have together.
Pau would need to do his part as much as anyone else, but with guys like Noah, Butler, Hinrich, and Taj understanding their roles by now, I expect the team would still be pretty good.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does it make me a bad Bulls fan that I truly thought the addition of Pau was more of a "panic move" than the addition of Boozer was in 2010? We lose out on LeBron (for the second time) and Melo (who is and forever will be too dumb to understand the concept of winning vs. money), and then we throw money at a player well on the other side of 30 when we have both Gibson, Mirotic and Noah who are in their prime and playing at the PF and C position.

With that being said, the way he has play has made me completely bite my tongue. Although having Melo instead of Dunleavy at the SF and either Gibson or Mirotic at the PF would have soothed my emotions more than the lineup we have today.

The Bulls were never going to get LeBron after what happened in 2010 and after. The city of Chicago collectively hates LeBron James more than any other place in the entire universe.

Carmelo wasn't going to come here. The Bulls knew they had Gasol so they took him. Great deal for him. You can never have too many big men. They can always trade Taj- worse come to worse.