CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Sitting out games in the regular season is fine. That's what most of us want. The problem is his comments combined with previous actions doesn't make us sure that he'll be there in the playoffs.

What in his comments indicate that he might not be there for the playoffs?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Cut dude some slack, he's the product of a poor educational system. This fact causes him to express himself very poorly when using the English language.

In short, what he says isn't always what he means.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cut dude some slack, he's the product of a poor educational system. This fact causes him to express himself very poorly when using the English language.

In short, what he says isn't always what he means.
Haters gonna hate. Everything that doesn't fit their ideas is an excuse.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Haters gonna hate. Everything that doesn't fit their ideas is an excuse.

Listening to Rose speak for any length of time screams "I need a mouthpiece".

Problem is that was tried already, with miserable results...cough...Reggie.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Listening to Rose speak for any length of time screams "I need a mouthpiece".

Problem is that was tried already, with miserable results...cough...Reggie.
It's true that Rose digs himself into holes with his comments. He could use a better PR representative for sure, but if people didn't take comments like this to mean that he was going to sit out the playoffs or something, this probably wouldn't be a problem.

czman

Liked Posts:
Rose is obviously an idiot.

If someone plays professional basketball for a decade they will have sore leg joints. If he does not want sore joints when he is older he needs a new job.

Hell lots of people get sore joints in their 40s or 50s so he may need stop walking around now.

I hope someone sits him down and let's him know that pain is part of basketball and if he needs to suck it up. Hurt does not equal injured.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
It's true that Rose digs himself into holes with his comments. He could use a better PR representative for sure, but if people didn't take comments like this to mean that he was going to sit out the playoffs or something, this probably wouldn't be a problem.

Again B/C Rose doesn't express himself well, most of his comments are open ended and unclear.

Then bored sports writers/fans misinterpret them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Remember when Hunter Hillenmeyer retired because of concussions, and he didn't want his brain turned to mush? People applauded him for that. But Rose is a pussy?

GTFO

Liked Posts:
He could say the complete opposite of what he actually said and would still receive criticism. Either way, you can always watch the bears or another team

Like Barkley said these guys aren't role models
Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Joker85

Liked Posts:
I think it's obvious at this point that he has an IQ around 80. If he were not athletically gifted he'd be working at Walmart or Taco Bell. As long as you keep that in mind, you can just tune out anything he says. He's not a Lebron that is a basketball and business genius. He's quite simply stupid. Flirting with a Devin Hester level of intelligence. Like Hester he can run fast and cut like few others can, hence his superstar status.

We need to stop trying to analyze every comment or thought he utters looking for some great or deeper meaning, because there is none. We basically should expect to receive the stream of consciousness of a person whose mental capacity is .... challenged. Accept it, watch him run, pass, and shoot until he breaks again, and don't look for even the most basic reason or logic out of anything that comes out of his mouth.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when Hunter Hillenmeyer retired because of concussions, and he didn't want his brain turned to mush? People applauded him for that. But Rose is a pussy?

GTFO

Never called him a pussy. Remember the episode of The Office when Michael Scott asked the doctor which injury was more serious- a head injury or a foot injury? That's what this comment reminds me of.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Never called him a pussy. Remember the episode of The Office when Michael Scott asked the doctor which injury was more serious- a head injury or a foot injury? That's what this comment reminds me of.
I wasn't referring to you.

And yes, I am well aware that an injured head is much worse than hobbling around when you are in your 50s. However, both are talking about quality of life. That is where my comparison ends.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Derrick is the only one that needs to shut up

he has been a nightmare these past 3 years and i can't blame the fans of ripping him like they do anymore

i mean he doesn't play, doesn't recruit, says stupid stuff...its annoying

its time for him to just play basketball

What a load of horse crap. Name one teammate that claims he's selfish. Name one coach that's says he doesn't give his all when on the court or isn't committed to winning.

I absolutely blame fans for ripping on the guy for stating something that EVERY ATHLETE THINKS ABOUT. And I blame the media moreso for perpetuating this unwarranted hate simply to get internet hits. They have NO CLUE what he's been through physically AND mentally over the past 2 years. When he starts to open up about it, he gets slammed by fans and media for being honest.

Nearly every single damn poster on this site has been completely hypocritical when it comes to Rose. The same people who were crying for him to sit out the whole year when he tore his ACL, were the same damn people chastising him when he didn't come back after being cleared by team doctors (you know the same ones who cleared Deng to play when he was extremely sick with meningitis). So quite simply, make up your damn mind, stick to your opinion, or seriously stfu about this already.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
And my Lord this shit about him being stupid...we are talking about a guy who is still called 'Pooh' by his family. We're talking about a guy who got a skittles vending machine in his house because he ate that and gummy bears for breakfast. Did anyone think he was ever going to be discussing economic theory?

As long as he is putting a ball in the basket during the playoffs, who gives a turkey?

DCguy

Liked Posts:
I have no problems with what Rose said. Players get pushed out of sports when they can't perform and the leagues don't care. Him thinking ahead is smart because that think in the moment mentality in sports has consequences down the road. He doesn't want to be limping around like Charles Barkley.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
What a load of horse crap. Name one teammate that claims he's selfish. Name one coach that's says he doesn't give his all when on the court or isn't committed to winning.

no players or coaches have said that...although i don't expect them to even if they did feel some kinda of way because you don't throw your teammates under the bus that way

I absolutely blame fans for ripping on the guy for stating something that EVERY ATHLETE THINKS ABOUT. And I blame the media moreso for perpetuating this unwarranted hate simply to get internet hits. They have NO CLUE what he's been through physically AND mentally over the past 2 years. When he starts to open up about it, he gets slammed by fans and media for being honest.

it might be something athletes think about but its not something athletes say...it just comes off wrong

its even worse that Derrick said it....hes already under scrutiny for not coming back in the playoffs after he was cleared

so it was like pouring gas on the fire

Nearly every single damn poster on this site has been completely hypocritical when it comes to Rose. The same people who were crying for him to sit out the whole year when he tore his ACL, were the same damn people chastising him when he didn't come back after being cleared by team doctors (you know the same ones who cleared Deng to play when he was extremely sick with meningitis). So quite simply, make up your damn mind, stick to your opinion, or seriously stfu about this already.

yeah posters were hypocritical but i think ppl are more angry at the whole situation

Reggie making comments about the roster not being good enough and threatening Rose not coming back

then Rose doesn't come back and gives every stupid excuse in the book as to why "hamstrings hurt" "muscle memory" "not 110%" "only god knows when i'll come back" and thats what pissed ppl off

personally ive been one of the biggest rose supporters but its to the point where i cant defend him anymore...hes bringing it on himself

again its been a nightmare with Rose these past 3 years and ppl are fed up with it all....so Rose just needs to play basketball.....if hes hurt then sit but dont go to the media and poke in the fire

even if you do alteast say something like "oh im conserving myself so im good and healthy for the playoffs"

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
it might be something athletes think about but its not something athletes say
What a fucking meatball thing to say. Why is it different coming from an athlete? How is it any different then some guy saying, 'I'd like to lose 100 pounds so I can live long enough to walk my daughter down the aisle'? Does him saying that make him any less of a competitor? Does it make him want to win an NBA title any less?
it just comes off wrong
Why, because he's being honest? Would you prefer another cookie cutter response like you get from other players?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
What a fucking meatball thing to say. Why is it different coming from an athlete? How is it any different then some guy saying, 'I'd like to lose 100 pounds so I can live long enough to walk my daughter down the aisle'? Does him saying that make him any less of a competitor? Does it make him want to win an NBA title any less?

Why, because he's being honest? Would you prefer another cookie cutter response like you get from other players?

just go look at the reaction to his comments and you'll see what i mean by "it comes off wrong"

yeah when you are a athlete and you say stuff like this it makes ppl think your are not fully committed

the whole guy losing weight so he can live is silly in many ways...main one being Derrick isn't facing death

hes getting 20m a year to play basketball...having pains after retirement is the price you pay unfortunately