Derrick Rose's comments about 'life after basketball'

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Remember when Hunter Hillenmeyer retired because of concussions, and he didn't want his brain turned to mush? People applauded him for that. But Rose is a pussy?
Did you just compare sore joints with brain damage?

[video=youtube;XO93Edk7xtw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO93Edk7xtw[/video]

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose is obviously an idiot.

If someone plays professional basketball for a decade they will have sore leg joints. If he does not want sore joints when he is older he needs a new job.

Hell lots of people get sore joints in their 40s or 50s so he may need stop walking around now.

I hope someone sits him down and let's him know that pain is part of basketball and if he needs to suck it up. Hurt does not equal injured.

Hammer meet nail! This said it all!

Liked Posts:
Derrick, like a typical Simeon alumni dosen't really have a way with words at the end of the day....but to destroy him over this feeds to the fuel that he should've been drafted by Miami in the first place...:yeshrug:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did you just compare sore joints with brain damage?

[video=youtube;XO93Edk7xtw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO93Edk7xtw[/video]

I have both and there is no comparison:)

Liked Posts:
Derrick, like a typical Simeon alumni dosen't really have a way with words at the end of the day....but to destroy him over this feeds to the fuel that he should've been drafted by Miami in the first place...:yeshrug:

This is a stupid comment. It relies on a stereotype that being from a certain school automatically means you're stupid. And this meant-to-be excuse is just an attempt at creating cover such that Rose can say anything moronic and it's ok.

The people and various excuses being made for him are disgusting.

It's not like people didn't understand what he was saying. And that's the problem. It's what he said, not how he said it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a stupid comment. It relies on a stereotype that being from a certain school automatically means you're stupid. And this meant-to-be excuse is just an attempt at creating cover such that Rose can say anything moronic and it's ok.

It's not like people didn't understand what he was saying. And that's the problem. It's what he said, not how he said it.

And that is why he should take some instruction about how to speak and what to say and not to say.With all of the money that he has he should have some advisers to help him not the "posse" who kiss his ass. YOu can actually be pretty smart and fumble your words when under pressure.

Liked Posts:
And that is why he should take some instruction about how to speak and what to say and not to say.With all of the money that he has he should have some advisers to help him not the "posse" who kiss his ass. YOu can actually be pretty smart and fumble your words when under pressure.

The problem lies in that he feels this way, not in that he's not more cryptic.

Liked Posts:

I was joking with the Simeon comment although I see now how it can be taken the wrong way, sorry about that........but who is making excuses for Rose? Athletes have said worse shit people need to calm down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
I was joking with the Simeon comment although I see now how it can be taken the wrong way, sorry about that........but who is making excuses for Rose? Athletes have said worse shit people need to calm down

So now you shift strategy in defending him to pointing out how low the bar has been set by others? Classic!

Relevance?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The problem lies in that he feels this way, not in that he's not more cryptic.

I think that there are a lot of jocks these days who take a look at the old crippled veteran players out there and think to themselves that they do not want to end up like that. I get it. Soldiers and marines do not have that luxury but certainly end up quite a bit worse but they didn't really have a choice in the matter.

This fact was really brought up in the big time controversy a couple of years ago about former NFL players living in shit holes and crippled badly or are brain deficient vegetables and being ignored by the NFL and Players association. So this doesn't really surprise me a bit about how Rose and many others really feel.That is human nature when you think about it, namely trying to protect yourself and your family. What is bad, though, is that he said it and the way he said it. Imagine a crippled combat veteran who has suffered for years and trying to make it on a small stipend listening to a multi-millionaire talk like Rose did. Or his or her kin who try to take care of them.

Again, he shouldn't have said what he did.He can think or do pretty much anything that he wants but it was stupid to say it to the media because of whatthey aregoing to say or do with it. He should have kept his mouth shut. He collected millions of dollars to basically work out. Others were hurt much more and workd just as hard or harder without nearly that money getting paid to them.

Liked Posts:
So now you shift strategy in defending him to pointing out how low the bar has been set by others? Classic!

Relevance?

How am I "defending" him? Moreover who is making excuses for him?

Lmao

Liked Posts:
I think that there are a lot of jocks these days who take a look at the old crippled veteran players out there and think to themselves that they do not want to end up like that. I get it. Soldiers and marines do not have that luxury but certainly end up quite a bit worse but they didn't really have a choice in the matter.

This fact was really brought up in the big time controversy a couple of years ago about former NFL players living in shit holes and crippled badly or are brain deficient vegetables and being ignored by the NFL and Players association. So this doesn't really surprise me a bit about how Rose and many others really feel.That is human nature when you think about it, namely trying to protect yourself and your family. What is bad, though, is that he said it and the way he said it. Imagine a crippled combat veteran who has suffered for years and trying to make it on a small stipend listening to a multi-millionaire talk like Rose did. Or his or her kin who try to take care of them.

Again, he shouldn't have said what he did.He can think or do pretty much anything that he wants but it was stupid to say it to the media because of whatthey aregoing to say or do with it. He should have kept his mouth shut. He collected millions of dollars to basically work out. Others were hurt much more and workd just as hard or harder without nearly that money getting paid to them.

Thère is so much nonsense in this excuse making for Rose. No, nevermind nonsense. Its a bunch of crap. But I don't have the energy to deconstruct all of it. So I'll just cut to the chase. Rose doesn't play professional football. So it's pointless to even bring that up. If he feels like he's going to become Earl Campbell or Dave Duerson, he needs to simply retire and move on to something else. Because, as it is, he's basically admitted to stealing money from the Bulls.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
If you are a Bulls fan, Rose is one of your favorite players. We all know the 2011 Rose and think he's still that guy. He has become very difficult to defend, however.

So let's look at it this way: If you weren't a Bulls fan or a Rose fan, how would you react? Put all the "he's just dumb" stuff to the side, he said what he said.