Bravo Jo, Bravo!

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
People have been making excuses for Rose his entire career.

As good as he is on a basketball court, he never seems to measure up to other people's expectations of him.

Not his fault, he's a good guy, he's just not THE guy we want him to be. I think this is the reason he's fallen out of love with basketball, if he ever had it to begin with.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Rose walk away from the game once his contract is up... that's how bad things have gotten.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Yep. Rose sitting out in the 2013 was basically tanking (for lack of a better word) to ensure no further injuries/aggrevated injuries for Rose. I see parallels.

There are ZERO parallels between the two.

Miami DID TANK on purpose. Tank isn't even in the vocabulary for any member of the Bulls. Rose sitting out all of 2013 was because the team let him determine when he'd return. He didn't feel he was right so he didn't. That's it. Tanking had nothing to do with it at all even if the MAJORITY of posters on here were screaming for the Bulls to do so.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

Miami DID TANK on purpose. Tank isn't even the vocabulary for any member of the Bulls. Rose sitting out all of 2013 was because the team let him determine when he'd return. He didn't feel he was right so he didn't. That's it. Tanking had nothing to do with it at all even if the MAJORITY of posters on here were screaming for the Bulls to do so.

Considering Rose's recent comments, it's clear he sat out because he's more concerned with his future after basketball than anything else.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Miami DID TANK on purpose. Tank isn't even in the vocabulary for any member of the Bulls. Rose sitting out all of 2013 was because the team let him determine when he'd return. He didn't feel he was right so he didn't. That's it. Tanking had nothing to do with it at all even if the MAJORITY of posters on here were screaming for the Bulls to do so.
I wanted them to tank in 2012-13 and last season after he tore his meniscus. Instead I got a very competitive team that won a playoff series against the incompetent Brooklyn Nets and then got stonewalled by Miami in the 2nd round, as expected (Team was injured to hell in that series anyways). They were competitive and that was nice to see.

Last year was less exciting. The team really had no offensive power, maddenly lost games in which the offense just completely disappeared for entire quarters (we saw a glimpse of that last night actually). They lost a first round series they were favored in to a new up and coming team with a load of offensive power in the Wizards.

Last year would have been a good year to tank. But even as I say that, we all know this team again is in win now mode. They are better situated than any Bulls team in the past 2 years and the best overall since 97-98.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i wanted to tank both years but once i realized how bad the draft was the year Rose was out with ACL i didnt really care

last year tho with Wiggins/Jabari...i really want to get in on that

but the truth is we most likely would have ended up at 11 and picked McDermott anyway....only difference is we could have possibly got future HOFer Gary "FUCKIN" Harris aswell

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
People have been making excuses for Rose his entire career.

As good as he is on a basketball court, he never seems to measure up to other people's expectations of him.

Not his fault, he's a good guy, he's just not THE guy we want him to be. I think this is the reason he's fallen out of love with basketball, if he ever had it to begin with.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Rose walk away from the game once his contract is up... that's how bad things have gotten.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You can't be serious with that comment. If you are, you're totally clueless when it comes to Derrick Rose. If he's really "fallen out of love with basketball", why in the world would he have gone through 2 MAJOR knee surgeries, and years of rehab to come back and play? Why would he play hard on the court every time he's out there? He could have just called it quits last year. My God man what a ridiculous statement to make.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

You can't be serious with that comment. If you are, you're totally clueless when it comes to Derrick Rose. If he's really "fallen out of love with basketball", why in the world would he have gone through 2 MAJOR knee surgeries, and years of rehab to come back and play? Why would he play hard on the court every time he's out there? He could have just called it quits last year. My God man what a ridiculous statement to make.

You watch any games this year? Or listen to his message, tone and body language whenever he is asked to comment about anything related to basketball. He looks like a dear in headlights, man. There is no joy left in him for the game, the team OR the fans. This is all internal and psychological with Rose... it has nothing to do with the injuries. If anything, the injuries just gave him an excuse to think about his life outside the game and explore options. Guys who love the game and are committed to it don't stay off the court as long as Rose has. Think about that.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
You watch any games this year? Or listen to his message, tone and body language whenever he is asked to comment about anything related to basketball. He looks like a dear in headlights, man. There is no joy left in him for the game, the team OR the fans. This is all internal and psychological with Rose... it has nothing to do with the injuries. If anything, the injuries just gave him an excuse to think about his life outside the game and explore options. Guys who love the game and are committed to it don't stay off the court as long as Rose has. Think about that.

Yes I've watched every game this year. I've watched Rose play hard every time on the court. I've seen him fly to the rim with reckless abandon just like previous years. I've seen him take charges, or attempt to take them, more this year than in ANY year he's played. I've seen him play harassing defense on his opponents. I've seen him more vocal than ever before. I've seen him mixing it up with opposing guards. I've seen him trash talking. I've seen him celebrating after a big play. I've seen him smiling and laughing with teammates on the sidelines. I've seen him play severely hindered on two badly sprained ankles simply to appease the fan base, having to miss more games because of it, and then being crucified for it in the press. Yet this guy has lost the love of the game!? Oh yea I forgot he sat out an entire season after major knee surgery that typically takes a full year to recover from. What a useless, selfish bum.

All evidence points to the contrary of what you stated. You need to accept the fact that you are 110% wrong on this. It's a bit sad that you feel there's no joy left in the game for YOU, but there is very much joy left in it for me and clearly Rose too. The only thing that Rose has lost is his concern of what others think about him. He said it plain as day, "I could care less". He didn't mean care less about basketball, but care less about what whiny armchair critics and media blowhards think about him or his approach to the game. Think about that.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

those are the type of comments ive been seeing/hearing

now you know why i was arguing that what he said was stupid or atleast poorly stated

ppl actually believe Rose doesn't care anymore

but his comments do come off in a way that sound like he doesn't care

thats why Rose just needs to play basketball...its the only way he'll get the critics off his back

Liked Posts:
Whether you agree with Noah or not, you have to respect him and the kind of teammate he is. Here he once again demonstrates why Noah is the heart and souls of the Bulls and it's his team.

I'm not surprised Noah said this. My takeaway is whether or not there are people on the team who deserve to have him as a teammate.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
those are the type of comments ive been seeing

now you know why i was arguing that what he said was stupid or atleast poorly stated

ppl actually believe Rose doesn't care anymore...its unbelievable to me

but from the outside looking in his comments do come off in a way that he doesn't care

thats why Rose just needs to play basketball...its the only way he'll get these critics off his back

I get that it's about perception but at the same time, people are just morons in general. Hell I've seen people getting upset over a facetious Onion article about Jay Cutler saying they should cut their punter. People will read anything into anything.

I don't agree that him playing basketball is the only way to get critics off his back because he will NEVER have critics off his back. He hasn't his entire NBA career. It's never going to change. The fans already have this warped perception of him thanks to the media. A championship is the only thing that with settle these idiots down.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
I don't agree that him playing basketball is the only way to get critics off his back because he will NEVER have critics off his back. He hasn't his entire NBA career.

well they'll have to go back to the "hes not a PG" routine

but it seemed a few years ago the majority adored Rose...he was a poster boy

he always remained humble and seemed to say the right things

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You know, 90% of the reason Rose brings unnecessary criticism, is from Reggie.

IMO, Rose is fine, it's Reggie that needs to both hide from the media and stop telling Rose what to say. Go back to being a member of the family, not a media connection riding on the coat tails of your kid brother. Rose needs a legit image consultant, and not the kind that wants to sell tickets and shoes. If he's concerned about his after career, then hiring a good image consultant to handle press relations should be a priority.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Look, Rose is doing what comes naturally to him on the basketball court. He's an elite player when he's out there.

The problem is, he doesn't play when he's not feeling "100% healthy". He's justifying this with his statement that "it's not about this year," it's about his life after basketball.

That's his right to feel that way, but it doesn't bode well for his teammates. If he's going to sit his ass on the sidelines or run off to the locker room when the team needs him most (big games, playoff games), this team will not achieve what everyone feels they are capable of. He did this last year, and has already started doing it again this year. Playing only when you feel like it suggests you don't care. Period.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
well they'll have to go back to the "hes not a PG" routine

but it seemed a few years ago the majority adored Rose...he was a poster boy

he always remained humble and seemed to say the right things
It is amazing to see how much public opinion has changed. A ComEd guy came to check my meter and I commented on his Bulls sweatshirt. We talked about the Raptors game, then he called Rose a "Fucking Pussy." I was like, Really? How? because his knees failed him?

Its kinda ridiculous, I get that everyone is frustrated but cmon. Do they not think he wants to be out there?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I admit, life would be easier if Rose took the Tim Duncan approach and basically never spoke to the media. Unfortunately, any encounter with the media that he did do would probably be about injury garbage, so what can you do? And they'll twist anything to fit their agendas.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I admit, life would be easier if Rose took the Tim Duncan approach and basically never spoke to the media. Unfortunately, any encounter with the media that he did do would probably be about injury garbage, so what can you do? And they'll twist anything to fit their agendas.

He should hire someone who can literally teach him how to speak to the media. What to and not to say and how to project himself. He kind of reminds me of Bill Walton in this regard. When Walton was at UCLA, Wooden pretty much protected him from interviews and such because he had a speech problem. He also hired someone who could teach him how to over-come it and Walton not only over-came it but ended up to be a broadcaster. Hell I remember taking a public speaking class at a JC after starting a job which required going in front of a large group of people to make a presentation. I also took leadership classes which also is related to the image that people want to sell to someone.

I think that Rose is basically shy not dumb. His speaking prowess is fixable and would help his career.

Liked Posts:
Yes I've watched every game this year. I've watched Rose play hard every time on the court. I've seen him fly to the rim with reckless abandon just like previous years. I've seen him take charges, or attempt to take them, more this year than in ANY year he's played. I've seen him play harassing defense on his opponents. I've seen him more vocal than ever before. I've seen him mixing it up with opposing guards. I've seen him trash talking. I've seen him celebrating after a big play. I've seen him smiling and laughing with teammates on the sidelines. I've seen him play severely hindered on two badly sprained ankles simply to appease the fan base, having to miss more games because of it, and then being crucified for it in the press. Yet this guy has lost the love of the game!? Oh yea I forgot he sat out an entire season after major knee surgery that typically takes a full year to recover from. What a useless, selfish bum.

All evidence points to the contrary of what you stated. You need to accept the fact that you are 110% wrong on this. It's a bit sad that you feel there's no joy left in the game for YOU, but there is very much joy left in it for me and clearly Rose too. The only thing that Rose has lost is his concern of what others think about him. He said it plain as day, "I could care less". He didn't mean care less about basketball, but care less about what whiny armchair critics and media blowhards think about him or his approach to the game. Think about that.

Why wouldn't Rose be flying around every time you see him. The dude never plays unless he's 100% and completely rested.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't Rose be flying around every time you see him. The dude never plays unless he's 100% and completely rested.

Hmmm... I seem to remember him playing hobbled on two sprained ankles a week ago against Milwaukee. I couldn't have dreamed that since there's a record of the box score all over the internet.

But yea, you're totally right. He never plays unless 100% healthy, completely rested, has 3 bags of skittles waiting for him on the sidelines, along with a cup of chai tea to soothes his nerves. :smug: