Rotations

Troy23

Liked Posts:
Hey guys,

As an international fan (Australia) I don't quite see or hear much about Thibs game plan etc. So I found it interesting to see in the game v Toronto that Thibs basically ran with a 7 man rotation, with Taj and Kirk seeing 25+ minutes, yet after that, it was Brooks with 9 minutes, McDermott with 5, and only a couple of minutes to Mirotic.

Is this normal, coz I have only seen the Knicks and Cavs games over here, and these guys got more minutes than that. I understand with Rose playing Brooks wouldn't get as many minutes, but for someone like Dougie McBuckets to only get 5 minutes??? And I get that the big man rotation is Jo, Pau and Taj, but surely there's room for Mirotic in there too to get more than a couple of minutes??

Again, I'm in Australia so I don't get to see much, so you guys giving me an idea of what Thibs plan is would be great!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A lot of the problem was the bench simply played horrible vs Toronto. Brooks didn't score, the rookies looked lost.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Hey guys,

As an international fan (Australia) I don't quite see or hear much about Thibs game plan etc. So I found it interesting to see in the game v Toronto that Thibs basically ran with a 7 man rotation, with Taj and Kirk seeing 25+ minutes, yet after that, it was Brooks with 9 minutes, McDermott with 5, and only a couple of minutes to Mirotic.

Is this normal, coz I have only seen the Knicks and Cavs games over here, and these guys got more minutes than that. I understand with Rose playing Brooks wouldn't get as many minutes, but for someone like Dougie McBuckets to only get 5 minutes??? And I get that the big man rotation is Jo, Pau and Taj, but surely there's room for Mirotic in there too to get more than a couple of minutes??

Again, I'm in Australia so I don't get to see much, so you guys giving me an idea of what Thibs plan is would be great!

Normally Brooks plays quite a few more minutes but he was simply not effective at all last night. Mirotic and McDermott haven't been given consistent minutes. It's just depended on who's playing well and who isn't.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone outside of Taj and Kirk was a train wreck, so they didn't play. Normally Brooks isn't a train wreck, but it happens. Kirk wasn't amazing shooting the ball, as he tends to be, but he did enough other things to not be a train wreck. I hope Mirotic and McDermott get it together the next couple games, it's been a real rough stretch for them.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Toronto is a good defensive team. The Bulls Bench struggled mightily, and the Raptor's bench played great 2 way ball.

But our starting 5 beasted theirs. Come playoff time, if we have to have them in the second round, it will be a short series. Our starting 5 has the ability to utterly dominate their's

Silverwulf

Liked Posts:
Hey guys,

McDermott and Mirotic may have gotten a few more minutes in the second half under normal circumstances. However, with the way they played in the second quarter, especially McDermott, that wasn't going to happen.
Doug needs to just calm down a little. It's all a little too fast for him right now.