This team is winning, so let's chill our for a second.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls are 7-2 and on top of the Eastern Conference.

The Cavs (everyone's favorite to win it all) are 3-3 and sitting in 7th place.

Team chemistry and defense is coming around and the team is playing well, despite some issues here and there on the court. Yet, all people want to focus on is Derrick Rose's minor injury and some comments that he made about his life and resting during injuries.

This team is winning and still finding it's way and instead of talking about THAT, we talk about this bullshit. I'm ready to talk about the team and where it's going. I don't know about the rest of these Bulls fans.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
:hitler:

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah sure. Why play the season if the Cavs are GOING to the Finals? Let's just give them a great record, place them in the Finals with a clean sweep through the East playoffs and give them a 3-0 lead in Game 4, up 25, with 10 seconds left tot play?

Since we KNOW they are going to win and everything.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah sure. Why play the season if the Cavs are GOING to the Finals? Let's just give them a great record, place them in the Finals with a clean sweep through the East playoffs and give them a 3-0 lead in Game 4, up 25, with 10 seconds left tot play?

Since we KNOW they are going to win and everything.
I don't think they'll win the NBA Finals. They'll win the east though.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on what? SMH

Pack it in Bulls, the season is lost, you're not making it to the Finals.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Based on what? SMH

Pack it in Bulls, the season is lost, you're not making it to the Finals.
Am I not allowed to have a dissenting opinion?

Based on the fact the Bulls can't ever beat LeBron. Thats what.

Do I hope the Bulls can beat Cleveland in the playoffs? Hell yes.

Will I be rooting for the Bulls to beat Cleveland like no other in the playoffs? Also, hell yes.

Do I believe given evidence, past and present that the Bulls will beat Cleveland? No. LeBron has always found a way to beat the Bulls. It'll be harder than it was in 2010-11, but I still think Cleveland has the goods to do it. This Bulls team is much more experienced and better overall, but I dont see some secret formula the Bulls have to win 4 games against them.

If Cleveland is still struggling come February, we can have a serious discussion about it. My mind may change by then. As of right now, its my belief that Cleveland will turn things around, gain some chemistry, put together a winning streak and finish in the Top 3 in the East.

The Bulls have some things that Cleveland team doesn't have. Overall playoff experience. The Cavs have LeBron and that's it. (Well Varejao, but he hasn't been to the playoffs in years).

The Bulls may match up to Cleveland in star power. Cleveland right now have 3 definite All-Stars. The Bulls have one injury prone former All-Star and Gasol and Butler are playing like All-Stars right now, so there is that.

But the Bulls don't have LeBron James.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Winning regular season games hasn't been a problem for the Bulls. What we need to be concerned about is the post-season. I don't see how the Bulls have any shot at a championship unless everyone is healthy and playing at their best, especially and particularly Rose.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls lost to Detroit 3 straight seasons, and then came back and beat them with the same core group of guys in the 4th year.

A lot of Bulls fans have this pessimistic mentality built into them. Because the best player in the 1990's couldn't seem to lose means that LeBron James can't lose to the Bulls because he's the best player of the 2010's?

I don't think the Bulls are winning a title (if I had to guess), but sheesh. It's not wrong to have a little hope. If nothing else, this team is on the right track towards contending in a big-time way for a long time.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
IDK why it's so hard to enjoy a good thing. None of us are the richest, most famous, most gifted people in the world. So do you just quit life? Seriously. Enjoy the game. If you don't want to enjoy it, then don't run around pissing in everyone's cheerios.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
IDK why it's so hard to enjoy a good thing. None of us are the richest, most famous, most gifted people in the world. So do you just quit life? Seriously. Enjoy the game. If you don't want to enjoy it, then don't run around pissing in everyone's cheerios.

i prefer pissing in rice krispies myself

i love the popping sound

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
No one says you can't have hope fellas. I love how this team is coming together. They play tough, work hard, and thanks to Gasol and the emergence of Taj and Jimmy, they're lighting up the score board too. Casual fans are perfectly fine with regular season wins, which is cool. However, this team was not built to win 50-60 games. It was built to get to the NBA Finals and fight for a championship. That's a lot harder than winning a ton of games in a weak conference. You need your best players focused, committed, and PLAYING to go that far. This is why people are concerned for Rose. Hopefully you understand that.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
As long as you know what a broken record is.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Do I believe given evidence, past and present that the Bulls will beat Cleveland? No. LeBron has always found a way to beat the Bulls. It'll be harder than it was in 2010-11, but I still think Cleveland has the goods to do it. This Bulls team is much more experienced and better overall, but I dont see some secret formula the Bulls have to win 4 games against them.

Sooo.... the Bulls are more experienced and better overall, according to you, yet don't stand a chance of winning 4 games against the Cavs? How does that make any bit of sense?

The Bulls couldn't beat Lebron when he was on the Cavs the last time because that team was not as good as the Cavs. The Bulls couldn't beat the Heat with Lebron because those teams were not as good as them (also not having your MVP for 2 years doesn't help matters). But now that the Bulls are better than ever before, and considered by the vast majority of sports writers and commentators to be the BEST TEAM IN THE EAST, they still have no shot because Lebron is still in the East?? :smh:

That's short-sighted thinking. You can't look at the previous seasons, with vastly different teams, to predict how we will fair against a Cavs team that has 10 new players, a new coach, a new system, & atrocious team defense. Even with the Heat in their first season, in those first 18 games, they only allowed their opponent to score over 100 pts 5 times (1 of which was a victory and another that was an OT loss). They held 7 opponents to 90 pts or less in that stretch as well. And let's also not forget they started off the season 4-1, while looking every bit as dominant as they would look later in the year.

The Cavs, on the other hand, in 6 games so far have allowed their opponent to score 100 pts 5 out of those 6 games. They are giving up more ppg than they score. Their defense is some of the worst in the league. Their pace is near dead last. While I have no doubt that their offense will improve, their defense is going to still be bad the rest of the season and THAT is the biggest reason why all Bulls fans should have faith that we can beat this team in a 7 game series. The Cavs have not proven they can stop any team on the defensive side and the Bulls so far have shown that they can score at will whenever they want.

If the Bulls remain healthy going into the playoffs, I think we can beat almost any team in a 7 game series. That's how good this team is. This is the best team post-Jordan era. Get excited already people!!!

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Bulls are elite, the road trip will really test them. We will have a much better sense of this team in a couple weeks. So far they haven't really played any top tier teams outside of the Cavs. Raptors are up there, but not really a contender

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sooo.... the Bulls are more experienced and better overall, according to you, yet don't stand a chance of winning 4 games against the Cavs? How does that make any bit of sense?

The Bulls couldn't beat Lebron when he was on the Cavs the last time because that team was not as good as the Cavs. The Bulls couldn't beat the Heat with Lebron because those teams were not as good as them (also not having your MVP for 2 years doesn't help matters). But now that the Bulls are better than ever before, and considered by the vast majority of sports writers and commentators to be the BEST TEAM IN THE EAST, they still have no shot because Lebron is still in the East?? :smh:

That's short-sighted thinking. You can't look at the previous seasons, with vastly different teams, to predict how we will fair against a Cavs team that has 10 new players, a new coach, a new system, & atrocious team defense. Even with the Heat in their first season, in those first 18 games, they only allowed their opponent to score over 100 pts 5 times (1 of which was a victory and another that was an OT loss). They held 7 opponents to 90 pts or less in that stretch as well. And let's also not forget they started off the season 4-1, while looking every bit as dominant as they would look later in the year.

The Cavs, on the other hand, in 6 games so far have allowed their opponent to score 100 pts 5 out of those 6 games. They are giving up more ppg than they score. Their defense is some of the worst in the league. Their pace is near dead last. While I have no doubt that their offense will improve, their defense is going to still be bad the rest of the season and THAT is the biggest reason why all Bulls fans should have faith that we can beat this team in a 7 game series. The Cavs have not proven they can stop any team on the defensive side and the Bulls so far have shown that they can score at will whenever they want.

If the Bulls remain healthy going into the playoffs, I think we can beat almost any team in a 7 game series. That's how good this team is. This is the best team post-Jordan era. Get excited already people!!!

Talent trumps all. Cleveland has a ton of extremely talented players on that team..... But I also know a team needs good chemistry... So I will reform my opinion if Cleveland isn't firing on all cylinders by Feb/March. Suffice to say, I just want to be duped by LeBron AGAIN. I have to see it to believe it.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Talent trumps all. Cleveland has a ton of extremely talented players on that team..... But I also know a team needs good chemistry... So I will reform my opinion if Cleveland isn't firing on all cylinders by Feb/March. Suffice to say, I just want to be duped by LeBron AGAIN. I have to see it to believe it.

One thing to remember is that the bulls now have a 2nd shooter for when they shut down rose. Pau has been dominating, and if that continues I would pick the Bulls over Cavs every time. The lack of playoff experience is huge to me. Love, Irving, Waiters all will be new vs we have all starters with playoff experience and Pau who's already won it all.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

Your blind faith and intolerance is palpable.

We should just have one thread on this board. Call it "One million and one reasons why the Bulls are better than everyone else."

:rolleyes:

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Also, I feel that the Bulls could not keep up with the fast pace the Heat played at. Now, however, they have been pushing the balls and scoring a lot faster. Just wait till Mirotic and McDermott get a little more experienced and develop into pro's. Bulls will be formidable for any team come playoffs.