This team is winning, so let's chill our for a second.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Your blind faith and intolerance is palpable.

We should just have one thread on this board. Call it "One million and one reasons why the Bulls are better than everyone else."

:rolleyes:

You've proven to me that your basketball ignorance is glaring. It's not blind faith if you ACTUALLY watch and analyze the games. It's right there in black and white. The Bulls are the better team.

But you have no joy anymore as a "Bulls fan" so I pose the question: Why do you even care?

Maybe instead we should just have one thread called "Rose hates playing and we'll never beat the Lebrons so let's just watch Honey Boo Boo reruns".

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Talent trumps all. Cleveland has a ton of extremely talented players on that team..... But I also know a team needs good chemistry... So I will reform my opinion if Cleveland isn't firing on all cylinders by Feb/March. Suffice to say, I just want to be duped by LeBron AGAIN. I have to see it to believe it.

I wouldn't say they have "a ton". They have 3 (Lebron, Love, & Kyrie). Thompson is a great rebounder but is horrible offensively. Waiters has some talent but is a knucklehead in the JR Smith mold. Currently, Blatt has been barely using his bench outside of those two. I can't say I blame him because their bench is not very deep, and is filled with one dimensional players. However, he can't keep playing Lebron and Kyrie 40+ per night if he wants to win it all.

I'm not saying it's not possible that we'll be duped by Lebron again, but I feel like the situations are entirely different than in the past with the scale being tipped in our favor this time. I haven't even mentioned the fact that Love & Kyrie have never played with this much pressure, this much in the spotlight, or even on a winning team before. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

It's going to be a fun season I feel.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
the Cavs have been looking like the D'Antoni Suns lately

scoring allot but also giving up allot

4 game win streak tho

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
the Cavs have been looking like the D'Antoni Suns lately

scoring allot but also giving up allot

4 game win streak tho

That's what they'll be for now and maybe the entire season. A good defensive team who can also match their scoring (aka what the Spurs always did to the Suns) will stop them in the playoffs. Whether or not thats anyone in the east is another matter. The Bulls need to figure out rebounding before I put them getting past anyone.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Conjecture: because we now have Gasol blocking shots left and right, we are out of position for rebounds (and also down a rebounder because he got the block). Of course, that only counts for a few rebounds per game, but it seems like those offensive boards off blocks always result in an easy layup.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Conjecture: because we now have Gasol blocking shots left and right, we are out of position for rebounds (and also down a rebounder because he got the block). Of course, that only counts for a few rebounds per game, but it seems like those offensive boards off blocks always result in an easy layup.
That can be fixed... easily.. Guys like Noah and Gibson just have to react different and be in a different position unlike they are use to.

I know they miss Boozer not playing defense, letting his guy go to the rim, hope Joakim slides over and goes for the block or contest the shot while Boozer gets the rebound, but those days are done.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That can be fixed... easily.. Guys like Noah and Gibson just have to react different and be in a different position unlike they are use to.

I know they miss Boozer not playing defense, letting his guy go to the rim, hope Joakim slides over and goes for the block or contest the shot while Boozer gets the rebound, but those days are done.
Maybe they need someone to yell at them to GRAB DAT

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
MDJ's offense started flowing, but IMO he could be grabbing a few more long boards and loose balls.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
this team cant stay healthy

Pau has a calf strain now

Rose cant play more than 2 games without tweaking something and having to sit out 4 games

i'll chill out some when this team can actually play a stretch without getting hurt

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Very good catch. When you think about it, when you block a shot your back is typically facing the basket and therefore away from a rebound opportunity. Most blocks by big men are on other big men and are pretty much tips and probably go over the blockers head and facing the guy who was blocked.

I think that what they need to adjust to is for the other big man to expect a block from his partner and adjust accordingly. It'll just take a little time to make the adjustment.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
It's great that the team is winning. Doesn't mean much in terms of big picture until Rose can get healthy and more importantly stay healthy. The Bulls are damn good without him, but you can't win a championship without your best player giving 100%. So, lets see how much better the team gets in 25 games.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We must face that we have similarities to Golden State, especially without Rose. We are a great 3 point shooting team, again winning by playing Thibs defense and shooting 38% beyond the arc. Impressive win, I thought we might slide after the loss to the D-league team in Indy.

Live by the 3, die by the three. Lose to the D-league, defeat a top 3 NBA team @ L.A.

Interesting week, I'll take it. Rose may make us less dependent on the long ball.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We must face that we have similarities to Golden State, especially without Rose. We are a great 3 point shooting team, again winning by playing Thibs defense and shooting 38% beyond the arc. Impressive win, I thought we might slide after the loss to the D-league team in Indy.

Live by the 3, die by the three. Lose to the D-league, defeat a top 3 NBA team @ L.A.

Interesting week, I'll take it. Rose may make us less dependent on the long ball.
I think that Gasol with an off night, and crap play by the bench did us in. The bench play was the difference in the game.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

So weird thinking of this team as one that lives/dies by the 3. Guess it's a testament to our improved offense. GS has actually been a pretty good defensive team under Kerr so far, so comparing us to Golden State is a compliment in my eyes.