Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember when we drafted Butler and 90% of fans were like... "we drafted who?"
For all the crap GarPax gets for one reason or another...they do have some pretty darn good late draft picks to their credit.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
For all the crap GarPax gets for one reason or another...they do have some pretty darn good late draft picks to their credit.

recently they have been bad with picks: Teague/Snell

the jury is still out on Doug although he hasn't looked so hot

they messed up not taking Dieng instead of Snelll...we could really use him (even more then)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
These guys take time to develop. Butler was the guy nobody saw when Brewer was here. Then he was Brewer light. After that, he was moved to SG and his numbers dropped so fans wanted to give up on him. Next he surprised everyone when Deng was traded, but many fans still wanted to replace him because his shot wasn't as developed.

Now he's a few steps further developed into that complete package, and all of a sudden you have a ton of fans that quit on him in the past, are now looking like idiots. Well, why is that? Fans that don't understand that later picks need to develop. That's it, and they aren't patient enough to accept simple facts. Judge McDermott by his rookie season... hmmm... Well, he isn't a starter, so really you gotta learn from past judgment and give these guys time before throwing them into the scope after every bad game. Snell, he's made improvements, a lot of improvements. I don't see the problem, although I would have drafted a few guys instead of him, but he can still pan out. Chill.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
recently they have been bad with picks: Teague/Snell

the jury is still out on Doug although he hasn't looked so hot

they messed up not taking Dieng instead of Snelll...we could really use him (even more then)
Yeah Teague was definitely their worst pick in recent memory. Snell...he could still turn out ok. He's got the makings of a decent 3&D guy, but hasn't quite gotten the 3 part down consistently yet. It looks worse because guys like Dieng and Hardaway Jr got picked after him and are doing better.

Wonder what would've happened if we had Dieng...would we go after Pau at all? Would be interesting. Hardaway Jr would give us more 3pt shooting...and that's it. I guess we'll see with Snell.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I still think Snell can turn out good... He just needs playing time. Teague though was indeed a terrible pick. Most of that just seemed to be Teague's inability to learn anything.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
These guys take time to develop. Butler was the guy nobody saw when Brewer was here. Then he was Brewer light. After that, he was moved to SG and his numbers dropped so fans wanted to give up on him. Next he surprised everyone when Deng was traded, but many fans still wanted to replace him because his shot wasn't as developed.

Now he's a few steps further developed into that complete package, and all of a sudden you have a ton of fans that quit on him in the past, are now looking like idiots. Well, why is that? Fans that don't understand that later picks need to develop. That's it, and they aren't patient enough to accept simple facts. Judge McDermott by his rookie season... hmmm... Well, he isn't a starter, so really you gotta learn from past judgment and give these guys time before throwing them into the scope after every bad game. Snell, he's made improvements, a lot of improvements. I don't see the problem, although I would have drafted a few guys instead of him, but he can still pan out. Chill.

I agree, Jimmy Butler snuck up on us. He just improved at a constant pace and hasn't stopped. He keeps this up and he will be an All Star.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Dang! I fell asleep last night during halftime, and can't believe they pulled it out! Way to go bulls!

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Snell's problem is aggressiveness. You see flashes from him constantly but at teams he just seems to timid or afraid. If he changed that he would, at the very least, be a solid rotational player.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
James Harden had a bad shooting night (1 of 8). Butler's true clip was 6-16 (37.5%), because that 17th shot was a hail Mary on a roll out, that he recovered late in the shoot clock.

None the less, Jimmy still had 22 points on technically 17 (but legitimately 16). While his fg% was less than ideal, he WAS the creator for the Bulls with 8 dimes.

Also by a BBall standard, 1.3 points per shot is efficient.

Jimmy showed a lot tonight. Even with his shot off, he found other ways to get points on the board, and dominate the game (+26).

That is prime time...that is what you would expect to see a star player do.

Jimmy is becoming a star.

Everyone has bad shooting nights. Jordan had plenty of them, LeBron has them. The great players can still have a positive effect even when their shot isn't falling. That's where Jimmy is starting to separate himself because he's now creating for others and getting them involved. The guys around him are playing better because of him.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mirotic also showed me something. He should be a primary option w/ the second unit. He can score the basketball in a lot of ways. He also showed some nice moves, and quickness in the post.

I also enjoyed his effort on defense.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Snell is in about the same position Butler was at the same stage. Not many minutes, lack of offense, lack of shots lack of confidence, counted on for defense. The same people who had given up on Butler and now think he's great are giving up on Snell at the same early stage. It's not enough to have a big mouth and know little about the NBA game it's double down dumb to not learn from what you've just seen. They surely would have traded Snell, like they did with Teague, after drafting McDermott but they see something in him in practice that makes them think he's worth keeping. When they can find a way to get Snell some minutes I'm betting what they see will be more obvious.

There are a lot of people who want Jamal Crawford every off season and when you see him play you have to be able to see why the Bulls never make a move for him. Yeah he puts up points but for the most part he plays with no regard for the other 4 players on the court with him. When he decides he's in there to score, he shoots. Any pass he makes is almost in desperation because he couldn't get a shot inside of 30 feet

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Snell is in about the same position Butler was at the same stage. Not many minutes, lack of offense, lack of shots lack of confidence, counted on for defense. The same people who had given up on Butler and now think he's great are giving up on Snell at the same early stage. It's not enough to have a big mouth and know little about the NBA game it's double down dumb to not learn from what you've just seen. They surely would have traded Snell, like they did with Teague, after drafting McDermott but they see something in him in practice that makes them think he's worth keeping. When they can find a way to get Snell some minutes I'm betting what they see will be more obvious.

There are a lot of people who want Jamal Crawford every off season and when you see him play you have to be able to see why the Bulls never make a move for him. Yeah he puts up points but for the most part he plays with no regard for the other 4 players on the court with him. When he decides he's in there to score, he shoots. Any pass he makes is almost in desperation because he couldn't get a shot inside of 30 feet
Honestly Snell should be allowing Butler to sit a few more minutes a game. We don't need to be playing these playoff rotations yet.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
That's a Thibs issue, not a Snell issue.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Rose and Gasol out last night, and Snell received a grand total of zero minutes. Meanwhile, Thibs played two rookies for 28 minutes last night. Against a good team like the Clippers, and Thibs - of all people - opted to give more minutes to rookies then to a guy with more experience.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
who gave up on Butler? i remember there where allot of fans pining for him to get more minutes

Snell hasn't shown one thing hes consistent at but picking up bad fouls

maybe it is a confidence issue but you got to wonder if he'll ever get the confidence

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose and Gasol out last night, and Snell received a grand total of zero minutes. Meanwhile, Thibs played two rookies for 28 minutes last night. Against a good team like the Clippers, and Thibs - of all people - opted to give more minutes to rookies then to a guy with more experience.
Those rookies are also paid more money.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Those rookies are also paid more money.

How much was Carlos Boozer paid, and his ass was permanent on the bench for many fourth quarters. You think Thibs gives a shit who makes what?