Trevor van Rimesdyk's injury

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Will you be going to game tonight causing them to lose again? :turrible:

I am going again tomorrow with my pops.... maybe T-Roz will just skate to center ice, take a massive shit on the center dot, and then skate back to the locker room as the announcer lets us know the Hawks have forfeited this one?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Glad for TVR. Was really impressed with him before the injury.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's so he can get some games down there when he can play to get back into the flow.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
It's basically a conditioning assignment.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's hoping VanReimsLesbian's conditioning stint works wonders.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
It's basically a conditioning assignment.

Agreed - but I have a hard time believing that the Blackhawks are willing to carry 9 dmen on their roster. Kane's LTIR status frees up some cap space and Oduya is currently injured but something will likely have to happen before TVR is back up at the NHL level.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Aren't they limited under the new-CBA how many times they can DFA a player, even if he has a two-way contract? I know it doesn't have any bearing in this particular instance, just curious is all.

I'm a bit confused by your question. A two-way contract has nothing to do with being able to send a player down, it simply has to do with the amount that they earn in the AHL versus NHL.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought a two-way contract meant you were able to send the NHL-player in question down to the AHL without him having to clear waivers first?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I thought a two-way contract meant you were able to send the NHL-player in question down to the AHL without him having to clear waivers first?

It is not. Unfortunately, Cap Geek did a nice job of describing it but I am sure you can look up the exact rules somewhere. Being waiver eligible is based on your age and time of service in the league. A two way contract means you get paid differently in the AHL/NHL - a one way contract means that player earns the same in both the AHL/NHL.

TCD

Liked Posts:

Hawkswritter is correct it has nothing to do with being able to send a guy to the farm or not. Its all about $$$. One way contract means the player will make the same amount of money playing in the AHL or NHL. Two way contract has pay difference between AHL and NHL.

I used to think it had to do with sending players down or not also, I think a lot of us fans get that one incorrect.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is not. Unfortunately, Cap Geek did a nice job of describing it but I am sure you can look up the exact rules somewhere. Being waiver eligible is based on your age and time of service in the league. A two way contract means you get paid differently in the AHL/NHL - a one way contract means that player earns the same in both the AHL/NHL.

Well if I have to do my own homework, count me out. ;)

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawkswritter is correct it has nothing to do with being able to send a guy to the farm or not. Its all about $$$. One way contract means the player will make the same amount of money playing in the AHL or NHL. Two way contract has pay difference between AHL and NHL.

I used to think it had to do with sending players down or not also, I think a lot of us fans get that one incorrect.

Guilty as charged sir. :shrug: